On the streets and in the stands - Gers fan clothing line makes impact.

ICM

Official Ticketer
In football fan culture, there are a few items of clothing that are synonymous.

The football scarf, the football shirt and classic trainers are three that instantly spring to mind.

For some, official club merchandise and training kit are the must have threads whilst for others and the more discerning fan, high-end designer labels are what matter.

The casual sub-culture needs no introduction in regards to British football but in recent years there is another contender on the scene.

Unofficial fan merchandise could be said to bridge the gap between club branded sportswear and designer gear and on the Rangers scene, that niche is targetted by Every Other Saturday.

Named after the famous Rangers terrace song, EOS aims to provide a reputable clothing service to fellow Bears and to exploit a gap in the market......

Read the full article here,

https://rangers.vitalfootball.co.uk...e-stands-gers-fan-clothing-line-makes-impact/

Im happy with this one, check it out and spread the word please.

Where do any profits go? Is it a private enterprise for the benefit of the owners or is there a spin off or benefit to the club or support?

Where do any profits go? Is it a private enterprise for the benefit of the owners or is there a spin off or benefit to the club or support?
Never really understood the obsession with this. Can’t see me ever buying any of their stuff but fair play to them for trying to make a go of something.

If you apply that logic / criticism to everything we wouldn’t have things like Heart & Hand which obviously has it’splace nowadays (I dare say they had the odd descending voice as well along the way).

Never really understood the obsession with this. Can’t see me ever buying any of their stuff but fair play to them for trying to make a go of something.

If you apply that logic / criticism to everything we wouldn’t have things like Heart & Hand which obviously has it’splace nowadays (I dare say they had the odd descending voice as well along the way).
Think it’s a reasonable question. They will be competing with Rangers for our cash.

Theres enough to go around. Theres some talented people in the support, why should they not put their talents to use and make things people want? Ever considered that fans dont require 100% of things to go to the club. I'm sure when the full impact of the Castore deal is announced there will be %^*& all complaints from the Ibrox board.

Im not sure they will be to be honest. People are spending £100s on Castore gear. The only people I have issue with is those selling fake shirts, thars directly defrauding the club. I'm sure Castore have said the sales are pretty incredible.
Think it’s a reasonable question. They will be competing with Rangers for our cash.

The club should be right in there with their merchandise,I’d rather by from them if they are competitive and produce decent graphics on the merchandise

As long as they're not claiming the money is going somewhere it isn't, then fair play. They're not forcing anyone to buy it. If you think your cash should go somewhere else dearer to your heart, then do that.

I don’t understand people having a problem with stuff like this.

Infact, I think it’s Rangers at fault for not tapping into the market and making clothing like this.

It’s clear that a lot of rangers fans like the more casual look than the out and out rangers/castore gear.

If they did go down the route of making stuff like this and were creative they would make a fortune.

Another blue pound merchant springs up. Lots of them around these days. Good luck to the guys though.
If three years on the go is 'springing up', fair enough.

The main lad behind the venture is one of us. Long time season ticket holder and a goes home, away and Europe. Hardly a chancer.

EOS made charitable donations just before Christmas and whilst its not a car boot size operation, they will hardly be challenging Castore in the grand scheme of things. Not yet anyway :)

This isn't about one or the other.

Football fans have different tastes. Official merch, own clothes, fan gear, expensive clobber.

Most of us will buy more than one.

This is on top of STs, MyGers, Castore gear etc etc.

It's not realistic for the club to have a monopoly on every pound in our pocket.

Im not sure they will be to be honest. People are spending £100s on Castore gear. The only people I have issue with is those selling fake shirts, thars directly defrauding the club. I'm sure Castore have said the sales are pretty incredible.
Fake versions of the current tops I completely agree with. You're doing the club out of money.
But retro tops, like the home and away ones from the 80s and 90s, which the club dont sell eg. The orange and navy striped away top from the mid 90s. If the club contacted Adidas and asked them to reproduce said tops, they would fly off the shelves. But that would go against the deals with their current suppliers.
I can understand people wanting to buy repro's, as the genuine ones are upwards of 400quid. And not one penny of that goes to the club.

The difference is that it’s Rangers supporters providing for Rangers supporters.
I don’t think it’s right that “Tims” try to fleece Rangers supporters as was the case with the Vendors round Ibrox.

The blue pound indeed springs to mind.

What does that even mean? I’m sure I’ll be changing my spending habits because some sanctimonious windbag on a forum has taken exception to Rangers fans providing a service, one entirely different in style and taste to official merchandise, to other Rangers fans.

Heart and Hand put a significant amount of money back into the Club, both through player sponsorship and through supporting charity initiatives. I get your point though.

There will always be unofficial sellers, most of us have bought a badge/scarf/painting or whatever.
These guys do seem to be fans and I cant get angry about someone making & selling stuff other fans want and buy

Fair play to anyone enterprising enough to have a go, Castore producing all the official kit/training/leisure and more will be flat out with that, there is a niche there outside of the official stuff that may well turn a profit, if the company is run by a fellow bear i wish him/them well.

What does that even mean? I’m sure I’ll be changing my spending habits because some sanctimonious windbag on a forum has taken exception to Rangers fans providing a service, one entirely different in style and taste to official merchandise, to other Rangers fans.
I presume you have an interest in this? You are acting like a child resorting to insults..

Back