On This Day (July 12th)

Sam English

1941 - Rangers 2 (Gillick, McIntosh) Hibernian 3 - Summer Cup Final (Played At Hampden Park) (37,200)
The newly introduced Summer Cup had proved a popular addition among both players and fans alike.Rangers were to enter the competition in it's first three years and reach the final on each occasion,beginning with this clash against Hibernain in front of a crowd of 37,2001982 - After 17 years at Ibrox, Sandy Jardine joined Hearts as assistant manager to his former Rangers team-mate Alex MacDonald
1999 - St.Mirren 2 Rangers 1 (Albertz) - Friendly (6,882)
2000 - 1FC Bocholt 1 Rangers 3 (Mols, Wallace, Albertz) - Friendly (3,000)
2005 - Dinamo Zagreb 1 Rangers 0 - Friendly (Played At The Rogers Centre,Toronto) (18,159)
2011 - Stirling Albion 0 Rangers 1 (McCabe) - Friendly (This was effectively a Rangers youth side)
2018 - Rangers 2 (Murphy, Tavernier pen) FK Shkupi 0 - Europa League 1st Round 1st Leg (49,309)
Ranges marked Steven Gerrard's first competitive match as manager with victory over Macedonian side FK Shkupi.
Jamie Murphy's opener was the least the home side deserved for a bright first-half display. More subdued after the break, Rangers got the crucial second goal courtesy of a late James Tavernier penalty.

1982 - Legends is a word branded about too often but the two gentlemen mentioned here, Sandy Jardine & Alex MacDonald are true Rangers Legends. I had the privilege of watching both men grace the Rangers jersey for years, they were a joy to watch.

2005 - Dinamo Zagreb 1 Rangers 0 - Friendly (Played At The Rogers Centre,Toronto) (18,159)
GSTQ played as our national anthem - the way it should be

Reactions: o7o

who was our first 11 for this ?????????

who was our first 11 for this ?????????

Charbonnier,
Adamczuk, Wilson, Moore, Vidmar, ,
Reyna, B.Ferguson, Van Bronckhorst, McCann
Wallace, Mols,

Subs used Porrini, Numan, I.Ferguson, Albertz, Amato

Flew up for last years Shkupi game at Ibrox (and went to the away leg also)

Simply HAD to be there for Stevie G's first official non friendly game in charge of Rangers - and on the glorious 12th too I might add ! :))

Back