On This Day (June 24th)

Sam English

1991 - Rangers paid a then Scottish record transfer fee of £2 million to bring Alexei Mikhailichenko, the Russian midfielder, in from Italian champions Sampdoria. He proved to be a worthwhile acquisition by the club during his time at Ibrox
2011 - Ibrox youngsters Kyle Hutton and Gregg Wilde risked incurring the wrath of the SFA when they expressed a desire to be part of Team GB for the 2012 Olympics. With Hampden chiefs adamant they wanted Scotland to play no part in providing players for the London games, the two Rangers starlets broke ranks to express their desire to push for a place in Stuart Pearce's squad for the gala occasion as the debate about the merits of a British select team raged on.

27 years ago we signed Miko, the worst thing about your threads Sam is that they mark the passage of time, there'll be posters using this site now that weren't even born when he left Rangers :D

I wonder how he'd be received these days?

I thought he was a fantastic player on his day.

27 years ago we signed Miko, the worst thing about your threads Sam is that they mark the passage of time, there'll be posters using this site now that weren't even born when he left Rangers :D

I wonder how he'd be received these days?

I thought he was a fantastic player on his day.

I agree Miko was an excellent player could have been even better for us if we didn't keep playing him out of position.

I agree Miko was an excellent player could have been even better for us if we didn't keep playing him out of position.

Great player but also an extremely lazy one. Absolutely brilliant at times but only when he really wanted to be.

Back