On This Day (September 13th)

1978 Jim Denny played?
1989 A sore one. Their sweeper Augenthaler scored a screamer.
2005 Brilliant night, Dado with the headband leading the way. Think Pepe scored their goals.

2005 - great night

My first proper champions league game pepe scored twice for porto , kyrgiakos with a late winner.

And to think francis jeffers started this game for us :eek:

1978 Jim Denny played?
1989 A sore one. Their sweeper Augenthaler scored a screamer.
2005 Brilliant night, Dado with the headband leading the way. Think Pepe scored their goals.
Just checked this out.

According to 'The Complete Record' his only European appearance that season was against Cologne (A)

2005 1 nil then 2-1 down with headed goals from Pepe? Great game, hopefully these nights aren't to many years away

2005 - great night

My first proper champions league game pepe scored twice for porto , kyrgiakos with a late winner.

And to think francis jeffers started this game for us :eek:
Forgot about him, he started, surprisingly didn't find the net

1995 - Prodan scored a screamer for them. Goram had kept us in it till that point

1997 - Laudrup scored that lob from the touchline. Incredible

Just checked this out.

According to 'The Complete Record' his only European appearance that season was against Cologne (A)
Team in Turin in 1978 was
McCloy
Jardine
Alex Forsyth
Tom Forsyth
Jackson
MacDonald
Miller
Russell
Parlane
Smith
Kenny Watson

A backs to the wall effort for the whole 90 minutes. Gordon Smith also found out Romeo Benetti was playing too. Great night in Turin and on our return to Milan in the early hours.

I must be thinking of the Cologne game, I just remember he appeared from nowhere for a big European away game.

1989 - Aughenthaler's goal, my god! Their equaliser that night was an absolute belter as well

1995 - Could've been 4 or 5 easy, Goram again brilliant in Europe until Prodan struck near the end

Back