On This Day (September

1990 - Terry Butcher's last game for us.

1993 - Our second 10-man win over the Yahoos in 18 months. We actually dominated the first half and Bonner should have been sent off for a foul on Hateley. Huistra was then sent off early in the second half. There's a great moment in the BBC highlights where the camera pans to the Yahoo support and Jock Brown says 'the Celtic fans perhaps now sensing victory'. And then we scored.

2015 - The Michael O'Halloran Show. :p We were very naive that night.

'Rangers were reigning Champions as well and had won the title for the last three seasons, although 1925-26 was to see them slip to sixth place. Perhaps this was the reason only 2,000 turned out for the benefit match for that great captain David Meiklejohn, with the English Champions proving too strong on the day.'

First time I've read this and it makes me feel sad.

1993 - What a night. Remember the absolute glee from those bastards when Huistra was sent off. Celebrating it like a goal.

2001 - We were rampant that night. Could've been double figures.

2004 - The night McLeish turned the season around.

1976 "Who was that winger for Clydebank, he is good... "
1982 That winger was absolutely unplayable, and we scored another 6 in the second leg.
1990 A sad end to Butcher#s Rangers career. A horrible own goal and a fall-out with Souness followed.
1993 Huistra sent off for a silly kick out, but that just made the ending all the sweeter. Mike Galloway took some abuse that night!
2013 Was that the night Steve Simonsen made an unbelievable late save?

2013 Was that the night Steve Simonsen made an unbelievable late save?

No, that was the 2-0 game played on a Monday night in January

1976. I stood near the top of the Broomloan Road terracing that night wondering "Who the f..k is that guy on the wing"? He absolutely tore the arse off the Rangers defence. My first sight of Mr David Cooper and I will never forget it.

1982 - cooper was brilliant that night. I'm sure he beat the whole Kilmarnock team when scoring one of his goals. Started off deep in his own half and just beat man after man before smashing the ball home.

I was moved to the Main Stand and Alan Main and John Clark were behind us giving it laldy

I was in the East Enclosure and remember looking up and seeing the two of them giving it laldy.

Was this the game where the poets won the first toss of the coin to decide the venue, only to be told that was to decide who calls first :D

Back