One for the Union Bears- BB Anthem

In addition, to hating the sound of Andy Cameron's voice, I doubly despised his pishy wee chant that plagued the Ticket Office hotline precisely because he took one of the best hymns in the English language and wrote his own terrible lyrics over it.

Even though most of us were non-religious, it was getting belted out heavily at my grandfather's funeral at Lambhill Crematorium.

Why dont they have someone there to encourage everybody to join in?
At 2.37 you can clearly see two dudes with the communal chanty pots threatening to throw the contents over any non participants.

It would be a great song for Ibrox, and also the chanty pots to throw over the beasts on the 11th should be encouraged.

I have a confession to make as I back in the day after realising how many ex BB's sat around me at Ibrox I suggested in here that we should sing Sure & Steadfast. Much to my amazement it worked but unfortunately one of my favourite hymns was bastardised by Andy Cameron & it soon disappeared.

I have a confession to make as I back in the day after realising how many ex BB's sat around me at Ibrox I suggested in here that we should sing Sure & Steadfast. Much to my amazement it worked but unfortunately one of my favourite hymns was bastardised by Andy Cameron & it soon disappeared.
The club should actively engage with local BB companies and promote a great Scottish institution. That hymn with Andy Cameron was atonal joke. Made a mockery of it.

How many good prod funerals has that been sung at.[/QUOTE}

It was played at my wee pals funeral as we were both in the same BB company when we were young and i asked for it to be played.
Amazed i still remembered it word for word after all those years.

Holie moalie the BB could not sustain that for so long.

That's a good 10 minutes in the single verse.

The bit at the end.... GROUNDED. Jeezo, mental.

I am a Bluenose Loyal and True.
I'm proud to wear the red white and blue.
Solid as rock with standards high!
I'm a Teddy Bear till the day I die.

Too l
Holie moalie the BB could not sustain that for so long.

That's a good 10 minutes in the single verse.

The bit at the end.... GROUNDED. Jeezo, mental.

I am a Bluenose Loyal and True.
I'm proud to wear the red white and blue.
Solid as rock with standards high!
I'm a Teddy Bear till the day I die.
Too lah rooo too lah roo
Im proud to wear the red white and blue

Your welcome

Great hymn which I have chosen for my wedding!

Would love to hear the original being played over the tannoy as part of the match day ritual.

That fair cheered me up. Curiously enough the church address is:

425 South Jefferson Street
Orange, NJ 07050

How many good prod funerals has that been sung at.
Played it at Father in laws funeral. Some asked why? Didn't want a dreary song as usually sung
at these times, and the Minister
was only too pleased to sing this having been in the BB's himself as a youngster.

These African style churches are quite something. They really get into it. When I was at the father-in-law’s gaff in Nigeria, we were woken at 5 in the morning, when it was still pitch black, with some gospel equivalent of like an ice-cream van, driving round, blaring out music rousing people and telling them to get to church. It seemed to last for several hours, getting louder and quieter as it drove around getting closer and further off.

That's a brilliant video, killing myself laughing at some of the moves. Addictive aswell can see me singing that later on when I'm out for a pint. Hope to f,uck I don't start dancing. :D

Last edited:
Love this Hymn, both my sons in the BB play it at their enrolment every year and at the end of the display, hairs stand up in the back of my neck every time I hear it.
WATP

At our local BB Display the pianist (a local Kirk Elder) always manages to fit in Follow Follow somewhere in the evenings proceedings.....much to the amusement of almost everyone there!
:)
He's a very staid, respected and imminently sensible individual and even after many years of attending the displays I still haven't sussed whether he's at the wind up of the occasional tim that's there or it's just one of his favourite hymns!
:rolleyes:

Back