One In One out according to SSN

Who does Johnson compete with for a place in our team?

Aribo/Kent/Hagi position? (perhaps incl Barker here)

jack/Kamara/Davis position?

Such a nonsense if that is the case, anyone can see we need a winger and a midfielder. Gerrard said over a week ago that we should accelerate plans to sign players and it appears there’s nothing happening. We need 2 or 3 yet IMO

Such a nonsense if that is the case, anyone can see we need a winger and a midfielder. Gerrard said over a week ago that we should accelerate plans to sign players and it appears there’s nothing happening. We need 2 or 3 yet IMO

Desperate for an exciting winger mate.

Ah people are suddenly realising that we are not cash rich, wheeling and dealing has to be done.
As for Morelos it appears that Lille are not putting forward the figures we think he’s worth.

Yeah, one in would still leave us short in one of two areas. Two areas we haven't addressed properly in two seasons now.

Johnson plus another midfield player on loan would be decent business. As long as Morelos stays.

If he goes we should get another striker on top.

Where have you seen this? Do you have a link mate?

Reliable sources coming out of France and of course the twitter and daily sport on twitter are straight on it. Nothing much to come of it really. Morelos will be a rangers player at the end of the window unless he tries to force a move of course

Who does Johnson compete with for a place in our team?

Aribo/Kent/Hagi position? (perhaps incl Barker here)

jack/Kamara/Davis position?
Do you think Aribo plays the same position as Kent or Hagi? Have you seen him play this season?
Aribo is a central midfielder, Johnson is a central midfielder. From the very small amount I have seen of him, he'll most likely compete with Aribo for the "number 8" position, which is our weakest position.
We really need a holding midfielder too.

Reliable sources coming out of France and of course the twitter and daily sport on twitter are straight on it. Nothing much to come of it really. Morelos will be a Rangers player at the end of the window unless he tries to force a move of course
No french sources are running it whatsoever

Do you think Aribo plays the same position as Kent or Hagi? Have you seen him play this season?
Aribo is a central midfielder, Johnson is a central midfielder. From the very small amount I have seen of him, he'll most likely compete with Aribo for the "number 8" position, which is our weakest position.
We really need a holding midfielder too.

I didn’t say he was the say type of player.

Aribo has played in one of the three positions behind the striker dozens of times. Hagi and Kent normally occupying the other two positions. This is our so called front 4.

Any two of Jack/Kamara/Davis being the players who occupy the “holding positions”

So I guess my question remains valid.... is he going to be one of the three (behind the striker) or one of the two (in front of the defenders)

What type of player do we need? Don't you think we need someone to compete with Aribo, or play when he's injured? We are very weak there.

I'd prefer an actual defensive midfielder who can play the positions that Davis and Kamara played yesterday. Our shape when trying to defend was pitiful.

Ryan Jack was sorely missed in that regard which is worrying given he isn't a proper DM either.

We've been crying out for a proper 6 all summer.

Reactions: dmg
Need players who will shoot from outside the box .Its very frustrating watching the same tippy tappy stuff around the box. Have a dig at goal with a nippy wee forward player following in picking up any scraps from the keeper .

When our own manager says that its up to Morelos and his agent whether he stays or goes I assume he is for the off.
I thought is was a remarkable statement to make about a player under contract - if you wanted to keep him.

We need an Orlando Engelaar type midfielder. Someone who can absolutely dominate midfield; who is the centre point of our team and dictates our play.

I would love a Kevin Thomson type player no frills but gives us that dig and strength in the middle of the pitch wins the ball back and starts an attack a player who gives 100% every game.

Add in a energetic box to box creative player with Aribo iust ahead and our midfield is transformed imo.

I didn’t say he was the say type of player.

Aribo has played in one of the three positions behind the striker dozens of times. Hagi and Kent normally occupying the other two positions. This is our so called front 4.

Any two of Jack/Kamara/Davis being the players who occupy the “holding positions”

So I guess my question remains valid.... is he going to be one of the three (behind the striker) or one of the two (in front of the defenders)
He's going to be both. Gerrard put out a strong hint midweek when he was asked if he was looking for an attacking or defensive midfielder. He replied "A quality midfielder can do both".

Back