One In One out according to SSN

We need an Orlando Engelaar type midfielder. Someone who can absolutely dominate midfield; who is the centre point of our team and dictates our play.

Remember how good he was in Euro 2008, think it was then?

Got a big move to Germany if i remember correctly but didn't quite do much after that.

These people have absolutely no idea what's going on. Clubs in general have tightened their lips over the past couple of years, but we've been especially reluctant to tell anyone anything. Random SSN plebs aren't gonna be given any more information than is disclosed at press conferences

When our own manager says that its up to Morelos and his agent whether he stays or goes I assume he is for the off.
I thought is was a remarkable statement to make about a player under contract - if you wanted to keep him.

Where is this from mate?

Need players who will shoot from outside the box .Its very frustrating watching the same tippy tappy stuff around the box. Have a dig at goal with a nippy wee forward player following in picking up any scraps from the keeper .
And that's a fact its one of our biggest problems and has been for a longtime

Can we please sign a young Jorg Albertz?
There aren’t many out there but a midfielder with Albertz’ skill set would have this team winning the league going away.

Not only his shooting but those disguised through balls from the edge of the box would play so well in our team just now.<sigh> We can only dream

Johnson probably finishes the Kent and Arfield chances.

Johnson doesn't waste possession or take too many extra touches edge of the opposition's area - like we did again yesterday.

Johnson likes a long range effort. We had numerous chances to have a pop at goal and we failed to do so.
They’ve been told not to shoot it’s pretty obvious.

Doesn’t matter who we get in, they will not be shooting from range.

Yet another thread that's nonsence, no where have i seen Morelos agent say he wants him to stay for another season. People are just guessing based on how quiet Lille have gone thinking they have lost interest and knowing if they look elsewhere Morelos will be here for another season.

Start finding stuff that has verifed/official sources or stop posting utter shite.

I often wonder about this, if they get told not to shoot, still dont think it can be true mate but I couldn't guarantee it.

Too early to say yet when it comes signings both in or and out. A lot will be dependent on European results and any bids we get for players etc.

Yet another thread that's nonsence, no where have i seen Morelos agent say he wants him to stay for another season. People are just guessing based on how quiet Lille have gone thinking they have lost interest and knowing if they look elsewhere Morelos will be here for another season.

Start finding stuff that has verifed/official sources or stop posting utter shite.

Scroll along then ye pube

If we can get anywhere near a decent offer for Kamara he should be the first sold to fund the incomings

Reactions: dmg
Only seen the videos on here but I can't shake the impression that he won't be effective for us in this league.
Johnson not for me we need better quality if we want to overhaul the filth , they buy from the EPL we buy from low championship teams , quality always comes good when it matters that's why the beat teams more often than us , we will always drop points like yesterday more often than they will over a long season

Johnson not for me we need better quality if we want to overhaul the filth , they buy from the EPL we buy from low championship teams , quality always comes good when it matters that's why the beat teams more often than us , we will always drop points like yesterday more often than they will over a long season

Johnson could very well turn out to be a Mols type late bloomer who’s snuck under the radar for years, but if the Yahoos were after a 28 year old from Preston North End as their main midfield acquisition of the window, I doubt I’d be particularly worried.

I’ve felt since last summer that a quality box to box player that really drives us forward as a team is what we’ve lacked more than anything else, but we may have to face up to the fact that’s it’s just not the type of player Gerrard sees fitting into his system.

Last edited:

Other than Ajeti from West ham and Pingpong from Man City, they have not bought anyone from the EPL in the last 3 years.

Reckon we’ll surprise a few and bring 3: a centre mid, winger and a striker.

We’re luring everyone into a false sense of security at the moment. We’ll blow them away come the end of the window.

Has anyone saw them shooting from distance?

If they have i certainly dont recall them doing it.

The Morelos show needs to move on asap if we are to progress to league champions imo. His overall team performance yesterday shows what we are missing with a clever attacker who has good link up.

Can we sign a centre half that can jump and win headers, or a striker who can jump and win headers? We seriously lack aerial presence in both boxes.

Back