One last push

TerrySilverLoyal

Not ideal.

That last goal sucked the wind from the team and the crowd.

But feel confident with the likes of colak sniffing for chances as he’s pretty clinical.

I’m not confident with our set piece defending. Pretty dire and that’s not over the top criticism. It’s nothing new and it’s something that’s plagued us for over a year.

There’s nothing really between us fairly evenly matched. Just their home advantage.

One last push Rangers*

*Anybody got Tom Culshaws number

They don't look great.

I was hoping for a 1+ lead to take there but we WILL score there.

Cut out the sloppy defending and, well, why not??
Wish it was that simple.

Sloppy defending has been in our play for a while.

2 very soft goals. Low probability scoring from 1 corner never mind 2 in the same game. I’d love to know how many we’ve actually lost from set pieces since start of last season

Bet your arse they will have picked up on that.

We’ve also been brutal at attacking corners for a long time. I’d love to see the stats for how many we actually score from them

Their defence can be got at, so can ours :)) just need to score more goals than them, I trust this team to do so.

Really feel we needed to win tonight by two clear goals

hopefully sneak a win next week but it’s going to be a big ask

Wish it was that simple.

2 very soft goals. Low probability scoring from 1 corner never mind 2 in the same game. I’d love to know how many we’ve actually lost from set pieces since start of last season

Can't argue with that but they're not great.

We've beaten better and I'm confident we can beat them if we put in a solid 90 mins.

As daft as this may sound, it’s not the worst thing in the world going over there level because I was genuinely thinking Gio would line up some mental 5-3-2 patter again if we were 1 up.

Still confident, they’ll be favourites but we have a right good chance.

Definitely wouldn’t be writing us off.

We can go over there and score one more goal than this PSV side.

As daft as this may sound, it’s not the worst thing in the world going over there level because I was genuinely thinking Gio would line up some mental 5-3-2 patter again if we were 1 up.

It’s a good point.

He can’t really be too defensive, but more importantly, neither can they.

I thought they looked like a very good team and we did well against them, I still think a lot of our players are not at their peak yet in terms of fitness.
The game is in the balance and if we defend the set pieces better we can win over there.

They don't look great.

I was hoping for a 1+ lead to take there but we WILL score there.

Cut out the sloppy defending and, well, why not??

I think they have power and technique that they'll show more at home. It'll take a monumental effort from us to go through. They're not amazing, particularly defensively, but they're a good European side.

I think our keeper is getting off a bit lightly tonight mcglachlin should have been out for there 2nd goal, he did great to prevent a 3rd but the 2nd goal mcglauchlin should have put the fear of god in to him.

They are now the favourites to go through. Tonight was our big chance and two stupid defensive errors cost us. If we play to win over there and go for their defence with Kent and Matondo we can still do it.

We’re going to be under a lot of pressure over there and our dodgy defence is bound to leak goals so can we score more than them? Dortmund apart we’ve just not done ourselves justice away from home in Europe like we do at home.

They weren't as good as we thought they'd be. A Dortmund level performance and we'll pump them. Give Alfredo minutes this weekend and rest Colak. We can do this

Really feel we needed to win tonight by two clear goals

hopefully sneak a win next week but it’s going to be a big ask

I don't think there are two goals between the two sides. It's going to be very tight next week - possibly ET and...

Dortmund are a better side than them. We can do it. We gave as good as we got and fought back brilliantly to get into the lead. We should have seen it out tonight but I believe we will win over there.

I feel it suits a Gio team to go away and try to nick a result. If we have Davies back then we’ll probably see the return of Lundstram dropping deeper and we’ll sacrifice Lawrence/Tillman for Kamara. It can work if we have Alfie leading the line.

This side need to find the spirit of the 78 team.

We were unfancied to get a result then and inflicted PSV’s first ever European home defeat on them.

They are good but not unbeatable.

Wish it was that simple.

I read recently goals resulting from corners, generally, are on average 1 from 30. For us to be done twice is hugely unfortunate. But, they aren't as great as the press built them up to be, and we are very much alive. We're very much alive in this tie.

PSV drew away to Monaco and were 2-1 down at home and only won in extra time with a 90 minute equaliser.

Let's do it Rangers.

Exactly mate. This we all knew was going to be a tough tie, remember they put out monaco.

The tie is very much in the balance and this is what I expected. It was never going to be near finished tonight and tbh, I'm not too disappointed. Will be a nervy game for both teams, but we have a good chance and that's all you can ask at this level.

You could say only scored 1 in last 4 away.

Or 5 in last 5 factoring in dortmund game.

Also considering the final leg is away so different circumstances.

Have a feeling that not playing between games might come back to haunt them. Think we will be game sharp next week and play it like a cup final. Sit back and they will win. Got to be up for this. Heads up and get the swagger on. Get first goal to silence the crowd and it’s game on.

It’s PSV we are playing not PSG.

I no, I hope I’m wrong but I can see them uping there game big time in front of the home support, I can see them scoring a couple next week, just hope we can match it

it’s great to see us looking so much stronger, who would have thought we would be expecting to win away at PSV a few seasons back, shows u how far we have come

Staunch but naive if you don’t think so on tonight’s showing.
Are you genuinely serious?

We’ve just drawn 2-2, in what way are they a ‘far better side’ than ourselves? If they are so much better why have we drawn with them? If they’re so much better then how come our midfield ‘bossed’ them in the first half?

We’ve beat far better.

Some mentalist on the other thread was asserting that PSV had control of the entire match. Nonsensical stuff.

If we play like we can we can get through the tie.
If we play like we can we can also get beat 4-0.

That’s supporting The Rangers for you.
Some folk would have you think we’re 6 goals in the red and heading to the San Siro ffs.

Back