One league of 16 (According to the Sun)

Blue Steel

This all stems from the corrupt authorities starting from an outcome of handing the scum a title they haven’t won and ensuring this is achieved immediately before they even give a thought to the impact on other clubs.

How these clubs can go along with this for a few crumbs from the table is the baffling part.
A mixture of pure hatred of everything Rangers , and some form of Stockholm syndrome , the SPFL members show , added with a sprinkle of some clubs being so complicit in illegal dealings the can only vote one way , it’s burst .

Papatango

My prediction is that nothing will change. Don't believe the spfl can force through a change in structure and the top flight clubs have made it quite clear that they are resistant to change, as we have seen throughout this whole debacle.
Have you learnt nothing?

The first thing we have all learnt is that the SPFL can do EXACTLY what.

The second thing we have learnt is that there is NOTHING we can do about it.

The only decision we as Rangers fans have to make now is whether or not we continue investing time, money and emotions into a football system that is so clearly corrupt and rigged in favour of one club.

JD1872

A 16 team league either means less OF games or an increased overall amount of games at a time where they still plan on finishing last years cup and will have a backlog of european games.

I don’t see how reconstruction will work no matter how they fudge it

Coza

So basically leaving only Partick Thistle and Stranraer as the fucked over clubs.

Stay classy Scottish football.

Boldvale

Official Ticketer
I think you would have top 8 split into 2 groups of 4, playing home and away for an extra 6 games, then the winners of those 2 groups, which is most likely us and them, play an additional time for the “title”. They will probably through in a 3rd and 4th place game as well just to make up the numbers. I have not idea how the bottom half would work.

Tbh, as has been said on here many a time, I would get all the full time professional teams in a league and tell the part time teams go play amateurs. I don’t know why we prop these teams up, they have zero ambition or fans.
Just when you thought nothing could be more farcical than what we have just now.

TCWNS1872

If true (likely clickbait) this is definitely the SPFL last throw of the dice if hearts resolution fails as likely as is.

Current 12 SPFL with invites to Hearts, Inverness, Ayr and Dundee.

Thistle will make it a no starter. (legal matters).

What championship clubs must watch out for however, is the sneaky SPFL asking clubs if they can compete. And hoping 4 say they can then coming out with this nonsense. You voted no, so tuff to the likes of the rest with regards to competing in tier 2.
I will be truly amazed if Thistle go legal mate. Stranraer certainly wont. The only club I could remotely countenance going legal is Hertz and that isn’t going to happen either as Budge is scrabbling trying to keep the powerbrokers onside and not rock the boat.

I’m happy to be proved wrong though.

A1bertz

I think you would have top 8 split into 2 groups of 4, playing home and away for an extra 6 games, then the winners of those 2 groups, which is most likely us and them, play an additional time for the “title”. They will probably through in a 3rd and 4th place game as well just to make up the numbers. I have not idea how the bottom half would work.

Tbh, as has been said on here many a time, I would get all the full time professional teams in a league and tell the part time teams go play amateurs. I don’t know why we prop these teams up, they have zero ambition or fans.
No chance...
No way on earth a league title will come down to a head to head between us and them. It was not be allowed to happen.

DamBuster72

Why we aren’t making moves to head down south I’ll never know. Ask the question
11 tiers in England and the other clubs would have an uproar if we parachuted into any of them other than the bottom rung.

You willing to wait til 2031 to see Rangers play top flight football again?

Mexi

So basically leaving only Partick Thistle and Stranraer as the fucked over clubs.

Stay classy Scottish football.
Until they threaten legal action, then a second league suddenly becomes viable

Jogbear

Probably not a bad move if they can get all the games on tv if theres no crowds. Dundee derby edinburgh derby that we wouldnt have. Scandalous how it came about but hopefully brings more appeal even if for one season

_DON_

Just when you thought nothing could be more farcical than what we have just now.
The whole thing is bonkers!

Like I said, the ideal setup for me is get the 18 or 20 teams that are actually fully professional (if there are even that many) and tell the rest to go play in the park.

Roskoranger

Or they push a club further to the brink by making them groundshare.
In fact, that’s what they’ll do. They’d send Ayr to play at Rugby Park on that awful pitch
Do you not mean groundshare at Ayr they have grass pitch. Ha ha. They could play at the same time and the ground would still not be sold out

Blue Steel

Likewise i honestly don’t see me being back at football in this country until the corruption is hunted out and I say that as a season ticket holder of 30 years
For me I don’t want to attend league games , Europe / cups / friendlies I will be there , but let’s be honest here , next year will be nothing but procession to their tainted Ten .

Virgil Hilts

For me I don’t want to attend league games , Europe / cups / friendlies I will be there , but let’s be honest here , next year will be nothing but procession to their tainted Ten .
It would hard enough even if match officials officiated in an honest manner, which they clearly fućking don’t.

Cue the “ we should be able to beat teams even if match officials cheat “ brigade, Rangers fans should expect to get match officials who carry out their duties without prejudice, we actually pay their fućking wages.

BrooklynBlue

The most embarrassing thing is that they intentionally pick a shit format just to shoehorn 4 derbies in
Agree. The deal is less than Norwegian and Danish TV, for example, and yet we say we have one of the 'biggest games in the world' in our League.

The deal isn't enough to allow television to dictate the format. It's ludicrous.

Virgil Hilts

I still cannot fathom out how reconstruction saves Hearts, it’s supposed to be second tier teams that come up.

Well it was in 2012, Dunfermline didn’t get our place, not quite reconstruction but surely the same principle?

Blue Steel

Or as it should be called in Dundee 'The Thirty pieces of Silver League'.
Having said that, it sounds like a totally unworkable load of shite, so the SPFL might just give it a go.
Totally , bet you like me said that the first time we heard of the league split :D

nemessis

Its an absolute scandal, they bulldozed and coerced a vote that was already a NO.
Since then they have done everything within their power to cover it up, you can bet there are many more of their deeds that needs a spotlight put on it.
They started digging a small hole to bury what they had done and placate teams so they could hand a title and the monies associated to the team they support.
That hole is turning into a crater and the more involved the more the opportunity for what went on will come out in the open.
The SPFL executive need to be legally challenged to stop this vile rot of the game in Scotland.

Barrymoped

I still cannot fathom out how reconstruction saves Hearts, it’s supposed to be second tier teams that come up.

Well it was in 2012, Dunfermline didn’t get our place, not quite reconstruction but surely the same principle?
the lower leagues in England are trying a similar thing, ie no relegation but you still get promotion, because “it just wouldn’t be fair”, it’s embarrassing stuff, you can’t have 1 without the other.

Yorkshire Blue

11 tiers in England and the other clubs would have an uproar if we parachuted into any of them other than the bottom rung.

I think there will be a drastic cull of clubs throughout the UK so who knows what the future may bring

Jase

So 30 games I presume?

Where’s the four Rangers v tramps games then? That’s s’posed to be the clincher for TV money.

HamiltonBear

At the end of the day , it’s a tin pot league filled with tin pot clubs being run by a corrupt and inept organisation.

No other country has acted like this. I mean the team relegated is in charge of the reconstruction plans? I mean come on really?

Shameful really. Then we have the Scottish cup fiasco. This is all set up to benefit one club, who have power represented above this.

I actually think if Hamilton finished bottom we wouldn’t be scrambling for this “reconstruction”
Welcome to the new League of Ireland , sponsored by Albert Bartlett.

Thornliebank_Bear

Nah dont think so would be an invite to play league 1 or league 2 probably old div 3 it needs a wee spark..

There would be uproar without a doubt but there would also be a lot of support for it and the main reason is dosh, everyone loves money.

bar72bear

Official Ticketer
Scrap both cups next year and have a 16 team league splitting after 30 games into a top 8 and bottom 8 . Play each other twice resulting in 44 game season

Valley Bluenose

Scrap both cups next year and have a 16 team league splitting after 30 games into a top 8 and bottom 8 . Play each other twice resulting in 44 game season
Would almost certainly leave the teams in positions 5-12 at the split playing out the rest of the season with absolutely nothing to play for. Safe from relegation, no chance of a European place.

bar72bear

Official Ticketer
Would almost certainly leave the teams in positions 5-12 at the split playing out the rest of the season with absolutely nothing to play for. Safe from relegation, no chance of a European place.
True but the same could be said every year. Usually 1-2 teams are well behind the rest and teams 5-10 have nothing to play for

Coallie

Why don't we play 29 games , one less than the filth & one more game away than the filth , basically 2 less home games than the filth & just give them the title oh wait we just did .

GF1

I feel the same. Disgusted with Scottish football but emotionally tied to Rangers so I’ll have to go with whatever happens to keep supporting my team. I totally agree that whatever reconstruction happens needs to be permanent and radical rather than tinkering temporarily and returning to the status quo in a season or two. The status quo doesn’t work, has killed development in Scottish football and sees the top of the game being run and held to ransom by inconsequential diddy clubs who barely manage to get a few hundred people interested enough to actually watch them. The financial havoc that this pandemic will cause in the game is actually an opportunity to be radical in restructuring the game in Scotland for long term good. I’d love to see a broader reconstruction across Europe or even the UK but this seems unlikely. Unfortunately I don’t trust those running the game to actually do this, far too much self preservation at play.
Yeah. Across all walks of life we must use this massive upheaval as a chance to improve everything going forward to whatever the "new normal" is.

It is utter lunacy to just go back to the same old same old.

Turrabear

I will be truly amazed if Thistle go legal mate. Stranraer certainly wont. The only club I could remotely countenance going legal is Hertz and that isn’t going to happen either as Budge is scrabbling trying to keep the powerbrokers onside and not rock the boat.

I’m happy to be proved wrong though.
Personally don,t think hearts have the bottle for it.