One league of 16 (According to the Sun)

So is there and details of what split proposal there is? Surely no way bottom 10 play another 2 rounds of fixtures for 48 matches? Or do they play once meaning some clubs have 4 home and 5 away and vice versa. That would be the most Scottish fitba thing ever.

4 leagues of 4

Amazing the lengths they will go to when it benefits only one club.

Quite incredible actually - I don’t think there’s any other league with a club who holds so much power
It is scandalous what is happening in Scottish football, but incredible or amazing it is not.

Scum is as scum does, and it is expected and damn near totally accepted by the rest of the poodles now.

How would they build a split into this to guarantee the 4 Old firm games a top 6 giving 40 games and a bottom 10 giving 48 games, what happens at the end of next season 4 teams down it's laughable, only in Scotland could this happen, hope we tell them where to stick it.
I think you would have top 8 split into 2 groups of 4, playing home and away for an extra 6 games, then the winners of those 2 groups, which is most likely us and them, play an additional time for the “title”. They will probably through in a 3rd and 4th place game as well just to make up the numbers. I have not idea how the bottom half would work.

Tbh, as has been said on here many a time, I would get all the full time professional teams in a league and tell the part time teams go play amateurs. I don’t know why we prop these teams up, they have zero ambition or fans.

The way they are going they won’t have to worry about the size of the league because the size of the crowds will ensure there is social distancing in every ground.

So Hearts stay up and Dundee Utd, Inverness, Dundee and Ayr Utd come up. Does every other team just vanish for a year? I can’t see how that would work.

I heard an interview with the Ayr Utd chairman who basically said unless there is funding from SPFL or the government it won’t be possible for these teams to play behind closed doors. I genuinely have no idea what next season will look like.

Not surprised in the slightest. Wouldn’t be surprised if Dunfermline are invited as well.

As corrupt as it gets and we’re left high and dry with our hands in our pants. Not a thing we can do about it as the rest will say they were acting in the best interests of the clubs.

Only sky have the power to stop this once they realise they’re only getting 3 old firms (heard rumours top 6 split). Knowing the spfl they’ll tell sky don’t worry we’ll use heated balls in both cup draws :p

I just caught a brief blurb on the back of this mornings Sun (so probably sensationalist crap), but they seem to think Doncaster and co have a backup plan in case the lower leagues can’t get going until crowds are allowed back in.

That is, one league of 16, for next season only. Which funnily enough, would include Dundee........just a coincidence I’m sure.
Presumably a 16 team league will require some form of split at the end to provide additional games and ensure Sky get their four Rangers v Celtic games. How do they do that? Possible in a 14 team league, splitting 7/7.

Still don’t understand this desire for a split in any division. In a 16 team league it should be 8/8 and just play another game against each other - granted we might have to go to Parkhead but I’m sure that’s how it works in Poland. If it’s 6/10 then the bottom ten surely cant fulfil another 18 games

Surely if clubs out with this top 16 can’t fulfil fixtures they are bringing the game into disrepute?

anyway they look at changing the league setup has to include for 4 OF games. With that in mind expanding the league will bring an increase in games to accommodate it. No doubt it’ll be a total nonsense what they come up with.

4 leagues of 4
Have you seen this somewhere? o_O

Even by Scottish fitba standards that seems utterly insane. What is the point in matches in the 2 middle sections? What happens with the bottom 4 and getting the league back to 12 if it's only temporary?

So Hearts stay up and Dundee Utd, Inverness, Dundee and Ayr Utd come up. Does every other team just vanish for a year? I can’t see how that would work.

I heard an interview with the Ayr Utd chairman who basically said unless there is funding from SPFL or the government it won’t be possible for these teams to play behind closed doors. I genuinely have no idea what next season will look like.
The league isn’t going to start any time soon, so by that time most of them will probably be gone anyway.

It's getting harder and harder to enjoy anything about Scottish football. There have been many times recently I have thought %^*& it I'm done.

I can't turn my back on Rangers though so looks like I am stuck. Best thing that could happen out of all this is a total restructuring of European football.

Interesting article yesterday from Huddersfield chairman worrying that 50-60 English clubs could go bust. That kind of thing would help our cause to get into a British set up

I feel the same. Disgusted with Scottish football but emotionally tied to Rangers so I’ll have to go with whatever happens to keep supporting my team. I totally agree that whatever reconstruction happens needs to be permanent and radical rather than tinkering temporarily and returning to the status quo in a season or two. The status quo doesn’t work, has killed development in Scottish football and sees the top of the game being run and held to ransom by inconsequential diddy clubs who barely manage to get a few hundred people interested enough to actually watch them. The financial havoc that this pandemic will cause in the game is actually an opportunity to be radical in restructuring the game in Scotland for long term good. I’d love to see a broader reconstruction across Europe or even the UK but this seems unlikely. Unfortunately I don’t trust those running the game to actually do this, far too much self preservation at play.

Reactions: GF1
Does this mean that there will only be 3 OF games? 2 at their midden and one at Ibrox? All to help the 10 in a row. I don’t see how this can possibly work

Have you seen this somewhere? o_O

Even by Scottish fitba standards that seems utterly insane. What is the point in matches in the 2 middle sections? What happens with the bottom 4 and getting the league back to 12 if it's only temporary?

There is no point in the two middle sections, same as almost any scenario that can be dreamt up.
Haven't seen it anywhere but it's not really that crazy, keeps home and away equal, teams play each other twice only for the most part except their 3 closest rivals which would give most probably 4 x OF games.

If it's only temporary they will probably just forego the split and play 30 games.

4 leagues of 4

But that would leave the middle 2 ‘leagues’ playing for absolutely nothing post-split. And if this is designed to be a temporary measure for one season only the bottom 4 would all be going down presumably? Nothing for them to play for then either once the split happens.

Even for Scottish football that’s a ridiculous notion.

If true (likely clickbait) this is definitely the SPFL last throw of the dice if hearts resolution fails as likely as is.

Current 12 SPFL with invites to Hearts, Inverness, Ayr and Dundee.

Thistle will make it a no starter. (legal matters).

What championship clubs must watch out for however, is the sneaky SPFL asking clubs if they can compete. And hoping 4 say they can then coming out with this nonsense. You voted no, so tuff to the likes of the rest with regards to competing in tier 2.

Last edited:
But that would leave the middle 2 ‘leagues’ playing for absolutely nothing post-split. And if this is designed to be a temporary measure for one season only the bottom 4 would all be going down presumably? Nothing for them to play for then either once the split happens.

Even for Scottish football that’s a ridiculous notion.

As I said above mate, IF it's only temporary they will probably only play 30 games and forego the split, the season will need to be shorter anyway.

Teams will be told there is no prize money / no TV money next season due to costs to pay back for this season. They will be offered a lifeline in the form of a restructured league, they will fall into line and do what they are told.

Restructure.
Sky will want and able to show us and them live when playing at home. They will tell the league clubs that this is the only option to resurrect any prize money / TV money for next season and how they want the bill for last season to be covered.

I hope if they dare try, Rangers can block this. Our season tickets and subs to Rangers TV for those abroad should be the only way to see Rangers live next season at home. I had better not be paying £700 quid for a season ticket for games on sky every other week during the closed doors period.
Rangers need to be transparent over this. Why should punters shell out hundreds and even thousands of pounds in season tickets to them have to pay a sky subscription if games are BCD?

They're
I just caught a brief blurb on the back of this mornings Sun (so probably sensationalist crap), but they seem to think Doncaster and co have a backup plan in case the lower leagues can’t get going until crowds are allowed back in.

That is, one league of 16, for next season only. Which funnily enough, would include Dundee........just a coincidence I’m sure.
They're making it up as they go along. When they going to realise the product is the worse it's ever been. What will improve the product is teams getting stuck into Celtic as they do against Rangers. Too many teams would be quite happy just to sit mid table and not improve one bit.

Have to admit , that at this precise moment in time I’m done with Scottish football .

I've felt pretty close to that myself, however, have strength bro, our haters would love nothing better than to see us lose faith.
No Surrender - ever!

This all stems from the corrupt authorities starting from an outcome of handing the scum a title they haven’t won and ensuring this is achieved immediately before they even give a thought to the impact on other clubs.

How these clubs can go along with this for a few crumbs from the table is the baffling part.

Anything more than 14 we should be voting against. Dundee scum.

Is this an 11-1 or a 75%-25% vote?

Surprised the detail hasn’t leaked yet given that the Championship clubs meeting was supposedly at 10am.

Extremely interested to read the small print on this one.

This all stems from the corrupt authorities starting from an outcome of handing the scum a title they haven’t won and ensuring this is achieved immediately before they even give a thought to the impact on other clubs.

How these clubs can go along with this for a few crumbs from the table is the baffling part.
A mixture of pure hatred of everything Rangers , and some form of Stockholm syndrome , the SPFL members show , added with a sprinkle of some clubs being so complicit in illegal dealings the can only vote one way , it’s burst .

My prediction is that nothing will change. Don't believe the spfl can force through a change in structure and the top flight clubs have made it quite clear that they are resistant to change, as we have seen throughout this whole debacle.
Have you learnt nothing?

The first thing we have all learnt is that the SPFL can do EXACTLY what.

The second thing we have learnt is that there is NOTHING we can do about it.

The only decision we as Rangers fans have to make now is whether or not we continue investing time, money and emotions into a football system that is so clearly corrupt and rigged in favour of one club.

A 16 team league either means less OF games or an increased overall amount of games at a time where they still plan on finishing last years cup and will have a backlog of european games.

I don’t see how reconstruction will work no matter how they fudge it

So basically leaving only Partick Thistle and Stranraer as the fucked over clubs.

Stay classy Scottish football.

I think you would have top 8 split into 2 groups of 4, playing home and away for an extra 6 games, then the winners of those 2 groups, which is most likely us and them, play an additional time for the “title”. They will probably through in a 3rd and 4th place game as well just to make up the numbers. I have not idea how the bottom half would work.

Tbh, as has been said on here many a time, I would get all the full time professional teams in a league and tell the part time teams go play amateurs. I don’t know why we prop these teams up, they have zero ambition or fans.
Just when you thought nothing could be more farcical than what we have just now.

If true (likely clickbait) this is definitely the SPFL last throw of the dice if hearts resolution fails as likely as is.

Current 12 SPFL with invites to Hearts, Inverness, Ayr and Dundee.

Thistle will make it a no starter. (legal matters).

What championship clubs must watch out for however, is the sneaky SPFL asking clubs if they can compete. And hoping 4 say they can then coming out with this nonsense. You voted no, so tuff to the likes of the rest with regards to competing in tier 2.

I will be truly amazed if Thistle go legal mate. Stranraer certainly wont. The only club I could remotely countenance going legal is Hertz and that isn’t going to happen either as Budge is scrabbling trying to keep the powerbrokers onside and not rock the boat.

I’m happy to be proved wrong though.

No chance...
No way on earth a league title will come down to a head to head between us and them. It was not be allowed to happen.

Why we aren’t making moves to head down south I’ll never know. Ask the question

11 tiers in England and the other clubs would have an uproar if we parachuted into any of them other than the bottom rung.

You willing to wait til 2031 to see Rangers play top flight football again?

So basically leaving only Partick Thistle and Stranraer as the fucked over clubs.

Stay classy Scottish football.
Until they threaten legal action, then a second league suddenly becomes viable

Probably not a bad move if they can get all the games on tv if theres no crowds. Dundee derby edinburgh derby that we wouldnt have. Scandalous how it came about but hopefully brings more appeal even if for one season

Just when you thought nothing could be more farcical than what we have just now.

The whole thing is bonkers!

Like I said, the ideal setup for me is get the 18 or 20 teams that are actually fully professional (if there are even that many) and tell the rest to go play in the park.

Or they push a club further to the brink by making them groundshare.
In fact, that’s what they’ll do. They’d send Ayr to play at Rugby Park on that awful pitch
Do you not mean groundshare at Ayr they have grass pitch. Ha ha. They could play at the same time and the ground would still not be sold out

Likewise i honestly don’t see me being back at football in this country until the corruption is hunted out and I say that as a season ticket holder of 30 years
For me I don’t want to attend league games , Europe / cups / friendlies I will be there , but let’s be honest here , next year will be nothing but procession to their tainted Ten .

For me I don’t want to attend league games , Europe / cups / friendlies I will be there , but let’s be honest here , next year will be nothing but procession to their tainted Ten .

It would hard enough even if match officials officiated in an honest manner, which they clearly fućking don’t.

Cue the “ we should be able to beat teams even if match officials cheat “ brigade, Rangers fans should expect to get match officials who carry out their duties without prejudice, we actually pay their fućking wages.

The most embarrassing thing is that they intentionally pick a shit format just to shoehorn 4 derbies in

Agree. The deal is less than Norwegian and Danish TV, for example, and yet we say we have one of the 'biggest games in the world' in our League.

The deal isn't enough to allow television to dictate the format. It's ludicrous.

Back