One league of 16 (According to the Sun)

I still cannot fathom out how reconstruction saves Hearts, it’s supposed to be second tier teams that come up.

Well it was in 2012, Dunfermline didn’t get our place, not quite reconstruction but surely the same principle?

Or as it should be called in Dundee 'The Thirty pieces of Silver League'.
Having said that, it sounds like a totally unworkable load of shite, so the SPFL might just give it a go.
Totally , bet you like me said that the first time we heard of the league split :D

Its an absolute scandal, they bulldozed and coerced a vote that was already a NO.
Since then they have done everything within their power to cover it up, you can bet there are many more of their deeds that needs a spotlight put on it.
They started digging a small hole to bury what they had done and placate teams so they could hand a title and the monies associated to the team they support.
That hole is turning into a crater and the more involved the more the opportunity for what went on will come out in the open.
The SPFL executive need to be legally challenged to stop this vile rot of the game in Scotland.

I still cannot fathom out how reconstruction saves Hearts, it’s supposed to be second tier teams that come up.

Well it was in 2012, Dunfermline didn’t get our place, not quite reconstruction but surely the same principle?
the lower leagues in England are trying a similar thing, ie no relegation but you still get promotion, because “it just wouldn’t be fair”, it’s embarrassing stuff, you can’t have 1 without the other.

PQ3wliy.gif

:mad:

11 tiers in England and the other clubs would have an uproar if we parachuted into any of them other than the bottom rung.

You willing to wait til 2031 to see Rangers play top flight football again?
I think there will be a drastic cull of clubs throughout the UK so who knows what the future may bring

So 30 games I presume?

Where’s the four Rangers v tramps games then? That’s s’posed to be the clincher for TV money.

At the end of the day , it’s a tin pot league filled with tin pot clubs being run by a corrupt and inept organisation.

No other country has acted like this. I mean the team relegated is in charge of the reconstruction plans? I mean come on really?

Shameful really. Then we have the Scottish cup fiasco. This is all set up to benefit one club, who have power represented above this.

I actually think if Hamilton finished bottom we wouldn’t be scrambling for this “reconstruction”
Welcome to the new League of Ireland , sponsored by Albert Bartlett.

11 tiers in England and the other clubs would have an uproar if we parachuted into any of them other than the bottom rung.

You willing to wait til 2031 to see Rangers play top flight football again?

Nah dont think so would be an invite to play league 1 or league 2 probably old div 3 it needs a wee spark..

There would be uproar without a doubt but there would also be a lot of support for it and the main reason is dosh, everyone loves money.

Scrap both cups next year and have a 16 team league splitting after 30 games into a top 8 and bottom 8 . Play each other twice resulting in 44 game season

Scrap both cups next year and have a 16 team league splitting after 30 games into a top 8 and bottom 8 . Play each other twice resulting in 44 game season

Would almost certainly leave the teams in positions 5-12 at the split playing out the rest of the season with absolutely nothing to play for. Safe from relegation, no chance of a European place.

Would almost certainly leave the teams in positions 5-12 at the split playing out the rest of the season with absolutely nothing to play for. Safe from relegation, no chance of a European place.

True but the same could be said every year. Usually 1-2 teams are well behind the rest and teams 5-10 have nothing to play for

Why don't we play 29 games , one less than the filth & one more game away than the filth , basically 2 less home games than the filth & just give them the title oh wait we just did .

I feel the same. Disgusted with Scottish football but emotionally tied to Rangers so I’ll have to go with whatever happens to keep supporting my team. I totally agree that whatever reconstruction happens needs to be permanent and radical rather than tinkering temporarily and returning to the status quo in a season or two. The status quo doesn’t work, has killed development in Scottish football and sees the top of the game being run and held to ransom by inconsequential diddy clubs who barely manage to get a few hundred people interested enough to actually watch them. The financial havoc that this pandemic will cause in the game is actually an opportunity to be radical in restructuring the game in Scotland for long term good. I’d love to see a broader reconstruction across Europe or even the UK but this seems unlikely. Unfortunately I don’t trust those running the game to actually do this, far too much self preservation at play.

Yeah. Across all walks of life we must use this massive upheaval as a chance to improve everything going forward to whatever the "new normal" is.

It is utter lunacy to just go back to the same old same old.

I will be truly amazed if Thistle go legal mate. Stranraer certainly wont. The only club I could remotely countenance going legal is Hertz and that isn’t going to happen either as Budge is scrabbling trying to keep the powerbrokers onside and not rock the boat.

I’m happy to be proved wrong though.
Personally don,t think hearts have the bottle for it.

I would like a bigger league with 18 no split. We would see a more open game. When voting for it tell the other spfl teams if they do not vote for it we will only take 1 allocation per season for their away games then they have no reason not to vote for it. We would see more young players coming in along with less pressure on mid table teams.

The most embarrassing thing is that they intentionally pick a shit format just to shoehorn 4 derbies in
And that my friend is what it’s all about.All the rest of this bullsh*t is exactly that.The tv people couldn’t give a flying fu*k about anything or anyone else.Us v the tramps is all that they want.If they could get away with us playing the animals weekend after weekend they would.Who the fu*k in their right mind will tune into Motherwell v Hamilton?Can you see that a big draw in the London and middle England areas?Wish they would say let’s get them out of there as it’s a waste of money.Sky have that much power now I think if they wanted it badly enough they would get it.

Don't think this will happen but it seems more like an cynical attempt to bring Dundee into the top league more than anything else.

No doubt at all they were given assurances that a 16 team league would be on the agenda if they switched votes.

Don't think this will happen but it seems more like an cynical attempt to bring Dundee into the top league more than anything else.

No doubt at all they were given assurances that a 16 team league would be on the agenda if they switched votes.
It’s so blatant it’s actually laughable.

It isnt Budge or the other teams that will decide it will be Sky. This is a mess that gets bigger every single day. You couldn't make this up.

I would like a bigger league with 18 no split. We would see a more open game. When voting for it tell the other spfl teams if they do not vote for it we will only take 1 allocation per season for their away games then they have no reason not to vote for it. We would see more young players coming in along with less pressure on mid table teams.

When I first started to go and see Rangers it was a 18 team league, that was in 1967. I have always preferred that setup. Sky will never be happy with just 2 league games against them.

When I first started to go and see Rangers it was a 18 team league, that was in 1967. I have always preferred that setup. Sky will never be happy with just 2 league games against them.

Funny how opinions differ, I too watched that league and all I remember is waiting out the weeks of playing crap teams until we had a "big" game like Hearts, Hibs etc.

Wait until they threaten legal action to delay the season starting

I think that Rangers should let it be known that we are unable to vote immediately ( assuming Budge’s proposal gets that far ) as we are still in the process of assessing what our own options are re court action.

Take the 28 days, drag it out, we owe Scottish football nothing.

In a parallel universe where coronavirus still happened and we had this to sort out but with no corruption in Scottish football let's say we bought into doing this to help other teams.

It's Scottish football so it'd need to be a bit out there and need to ensure 4 old firm games for sky.

16 team league play each other twice. Top 5 and other 11 split into two. Top 5 play home and away with team 5 sitting out the last match for 38 matches. Bottom 11 play once again 5 home 5 away for 40 games.

Yeah it's a bit fùcked up and that but for one season it would offer a decent compromise and make the best of a bad situation.

As it is though we live in this version so fùck them all and no change whatsoever :D

As has probably been stated, I don't think I've ever spoke to a fan of any club who's against a bigger league or at least trying it out. But not in these circumstances to benefit that scum, this crisis could have been an opportunity for big positive changes but the rats have saw fit to ruin that like they do everything they touch.

In a parallel universe where coronavirus still happened and we had this to sort out but with no corruption in Scottish football let's say we bought into doing this to help other teams.

It's Scottish football so it'd need to be a bit out there and need to ensure 4 old firm games for sky.

16 team league play each other twice. Top 5 and other 11 split into two. Top 5 play home and away with team 5 sitting out the last match for 38 matches. Bottom 11 play once again 5 home 5 away for 40 games.

Yeah it's a bit fùcked up and that but for one season it would offer a decent compromise and make the best of a bad situation.

As it is though we live in this version so fùck them all and no change whatsoever :D

Split 4 x 4, 36 games for all

Yeah I've heard that but it's ridiculous hence my slightly less ridiculous suggestion.

Right enough, everyone playing the same amount of games, about the right amount of games, no one sitting out each week does sound ridiculous:D

Right enough, everyone playing the same amount of games, about the right amount of games, no one sitting out each week does sound ridiculous:D
It's all nonsense but the notion of having two sections of 4 for teams finishing 5,6,7 and 8 as well as 9,10,11 and 12 is just baffling.

Once the clubs start shedding players big time, there will be utter carnage. The games as it stands in Scotland is finished. All down to piss poor management and oversight.

At least everyone is playing for something. As I said nonsense but considering less than 4x4.

I'm guessing you quite like the 4x4 idea?

No they're not, there isn't a 16 team league scenario you can come up with in Scotland where positions 5 to 12 would be doing anything other than completing the season, most times in our present, nonsensical, split pretty well everything is decided pre split.
I don't like a 16 team league period, but if there is one and there has to be a split then yes, that makes most sense to me.

Back