O'Neill confirms he wanted to recall Joe Worrall in January

We have games to win this season. If Gerrard deems a loan player to be a better option than a permanent signing then so be it.

Middleton or Grezda before Kent by your thinking.

Kent is head and shoulders above Middleton or Grezda.

Worral isn't head and shoulders above Katic so your comparison is nonsense.

To be honest I wouldn't have been overly bothered if Worrall had gone back to Forest - however, since it's frustrates O'Neill I am happy it didn't happen.

Lies.

Lies.

Lies.

Catholic.

Liars with impunity.

He's trying to unsettle the player knowing his loyalties don't lie with Rangers.

I would love love love Worral to score the goal that wins the league.

Great insight that. Tell me then, which game has he been a 'liability' since the Killie game?

You'll be at odds with our manager as well then who said he was a mountain at Pittodrie. The joke is on you mate.

Really?

Do you only come on FF to cause trouble or have short sighted vision.

He is a liability and like me most posters want Katic in and Worral out. Sorry we wanted you out Joe.

Everytime on the ball he looks shaky.

Because the Manager thinks he’s better than Katic, quite obviously. Matters not a jot what we on FF think of their respective abilities.
I get that m8. However the board need to have a word. Katic is the player who should be learning (and making mistakes if need be) were pissing our investment up the wall by not playing him. All we’re doing is running down his contract without playing him

I get that m8. However the board need to have a word. Katic is the player who should be learning (and making mistakes if need be) were pissing our investment up the wall by not playing him. All we’re doing is running down his contract without playing him

Dangerous territory when the Board start ‘suggesting’ the Manager play a specific player mate. Not a route I’d advise going down. Gerrard has always spoken positively of Katic, just get the impression he thinks he has a bit more development to do and that Worrall is currently ahead of him. Plenty disagree but it’s Gerrard’s neck - and future managerial career - on the line with these sort of decisions. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Really?

Do you only come on FF to cause trouble or have short sighted vision.

He is a liability and like me most posters want Katic in and Worral out. Sorry we wanted you out Joe.

Everytime on the ball he looks shaky.

It's pretty clear Goldson and Worrall are the manager's preferred pairing, he trusts them in the big games of that there's no doubt.

The argument that we should be developing Katic over Worrall is ridiculous. You play your best players whether they are loan players or tied down on 5 year contracts. And I say that as someone who rates Katic highly and hope he's here for years to come.

We're either going for a title or we're not though. To f*ck with sentiment and the complete myth that Worrall is a 'liability.' Russell Martin was a liability :)

Last edited:
It's pretty clear Goldson and Worrall are the manager's preferred pairing, he trusts them in the big games of that there's no doubt.

The argument that we should be developing Katic over Worrall is ridiculous. You play your best players whether they are loan players or tied down on 5 year contracts. And I say that as someone who rates Katic highly and hope he's hear for years to come.

We're either going for a title or we're not though. To f*ck with sentiment and the complete myth that Worrall is a 'liability.' Russell Martin was a liability :)

Fair play mate. I'll get you a beer in the wee rangers next time and we can have a laugh about the posts.:))

Dangerous territory when the Board start ‘suggesting’ the Manager play a specific player mate. Not a route I’d advise going down. Gerrard has always spoken positively of Katic, just get the impression he thinks he has a bit more development to do and that Worrall is currently ahead of him. Plenty disagree but it’s Gerrard’s neck - and future managerial career - on the line with these sort of decisions. Nothing wrong with that at all.
You’re right of course. Just very frustrating to think we’ve giving experience to one of O’Neil’s players. His comment about being up here to make mistakes and learn makes it even more exasperating. Especially when it’s at the expense of developing our own player.

It’s interesting there was a minimum game clause in his contract after all, despite all the pundits telling us Gerrard would never go for such a deal.

You’re right of course. Just very frustrating to think we’ve giving experience to one of O’Neil’s players. His comment about being up here to make mistakes and learn makes it even more exasperating. Especially when it’s at the expense of developing our own player.

It’s interesting there was a minimum game clause in his contract after all, despite all the pundits telling us Gerrard would never go for such a deal.

As far as I’m aware the ‘clause’ was that Forest were entitled to recall him if he didn’t feature in 17 games before the winter break. That’s an entirely different angle to us ‘having’ to play him.

If Gerrard didnt think he merited his place he wouldn’t play him. It really is that simple. Why would he jeopardise his fledgling managerial career by sending out a weakened team. It’s a nonsense and folk (not you) need to stop peddling the nonsense.

Back