Online Poker

RFC1976

Do many still play online ? If so what site youse playing on now ? Are you a cash or tournament player ??
I'm currently still playing on poker stars and mainly just tournaments as cash tables were too easy to waste a while nights / weeks hard work in the space of an hour

Yeah, im still on PS too. Overall i'm up though i'm not playing for large stakes. Highest win was ~$300 in a $1 buy-in tournament. Took me ~7 hours to win it - no lie. For me cash games have more 'logic' to them than the tournaments. You can agree you're strategy for cash hands and work your odds but in tournaments you have to be more daring at times and break your own rules. Harmless fun as long as you stop when the fun stops ;)

Found PS to still be the best although I struggle with online games more than live. Some players online are loose as hell and will bet with any hand

Not played lots in live tournaments but quite enjoyed the sat afternoon one at the Alea , never tried the Genting although heard it's the best but for me it's a hassle getting to Glasgow and for the buy , the time involved and the return it's just not worth it as it's far easier just to load up 4 tournaments and play at home

Totally agree about folk being far looser used to think it was just at lower buy ins but you've got maniacs in every tournament no matter the buy in

Not played lots in live tournaments but quite enjoyed the sat afternoon one at the Alea , never tried the Genting although heard it's the best but for me it's a hassle getting to Glasgow and for the buy , the time involved and the return it's just not worth it as it's far easier just to load up 4 tournaments and play at home

Totally agree about folk being far looser used to think it was just at lower buy ins but you've got maniacs in every tournament no matter the buy in

I stopped playing live about 5 years ago. Got back into it at the end of last year again. The genting for me is the best place to play right now. The monthly classic on the first sunday of the month gets good numbers, 5k guaranteed.
I won the grosvenor glasgow 25/25 series back in june for 6.5k, so thats me hooked again

The PS network is the only pace worth playing now tbh, the rest have too little traffic in comparison and are subsequently loaded with sharks.

Prefer the Full Tilt variant of the software tho. :)

Still have my accounts but rarely play now.
Ten or Twelve years ago I was a winning player at limit hold'em at modest betting limits.
Was building a nice wee bankroll grinding it out but these days I struggle to turn a profit.

Willie Hills flooded their limit tables with bots and got rumbled.The choice of game and traffic on WH.Laddies and PP has dropped alarmingly.

I like 7 stud H/L but the bookies poker rooms don't run it.

Haven't played online for about 4 years now, live only. Just back from Vegas where I was mainly playing tournaments but played a little cash. Might start playing locally here again later in the year (Genting Edinburgh)

I have never played poker before, is it easy to pick up?
It is mate and there lots of great content online to help you learn also either websites or YouTube and most sites do games for fun to get you started but don't blame me when you end up raging at the game as it's frustrating as hell at times lol

Back