only 1-0, last 16. Check his contract, not good enough.

Thankfully our board are not so reactionary, and results like tonight, and previous successes it should be said, are viewed though the prism of realism and progression being made. Yes we are still performing terribly at times domestically but the bigger picture is being noted. For us as fans, it's bloody frustrating as we want to win every game regardless of opposition! It's the Rangers way!
WATP

We shouldnt have collapsed the way we did after the winter break, Gerrard needs to figure out a system to beat the SPL dross next season and we need to cut back on the pointless loan signings and squad fillers and get in some experienced players who have the mentality to win trophies and remain consistent throughout an entire season.

I think the frustration is that we can beat all of these sides which are light years better than our domestic competition but are regularly dropping points to the likes of Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and Hearts. Given where we were after the 29th of December our collapse has been both disappointing and a tad damming on manager and players.

The problem with the tainted titles claims is that history will not mark them as such and to that ending stopping the filth by succeeding domestically should be the clubs primary goal. Last night was enjoyable but it left me struggling to understand why we can’t flex our system to cope with the ‘park the bus’ dross in domestic competition.

We have a very good bunch of players who are going toe to toe with some of Europe’s better players and standing out. For me it is clear that the rigid 4-3-3 does not serve us well in domestic competition and seems to render our players less competent and capable going by the kind of defensive mistakes and lack of goals since the turn of the year.

If people think the domestic league season being done 2 years on the trot before February is out is acceptable good luck to you's.

Well there's multiple threads and threads being put back on front page by people having digs at posters that have been critical of Gerrard ,as if domestic form of last 2 months means nothing after last night.
I think that’s more to do with folk writing him off as a manager rather than accepting the factors which you have stated.

We are
it’s up to us to take the title off of them and or win a cup something we have failed abysmally in the previous few years, yes referees are against us and give bizarre decisions but the truth is we have not matched them in a playing squad or consistently on the park yet
we are not far away inconsistent (or cheating) refereeing can be the one or two per cent we are short
That's not paranoia in my opinion its factual

I think that’s more to do with folk writing him off as a manager rather than accepting the factors which you have stated.
I think most have just questioned why he continues to make the same mistakes domestically and have quite reasonably said that it can't go on forever.I know some people go over the score but that's the same on the other side of the argument.I've read him described as the best young manager in Europe on here.

Last night was brilliant, atmosphere and performance top drawer, proud of each and every one of them

However , it is frustrating, we can't do that in run of the mill games.

I am delighted we are through, and what an achievement, but Domestic is our bread and butter and I stand by trophies as the barometer of success, we NEED to win the SC, Gerrard NEEDS to win, this team NEEDS to win it.

If the pressure is too much domestically, then Europe in reality means nothing but a good couple of trips and some cash in the bank.

That team are good enough to win trophies, so why aren't they?

Anyway, lets enjoy last night

I think most have just questioned why he continues to make the same mistakes domestically and have quite reasonably said that it can't go on forever.I know some people go over the score but that's the same on the other side of the argument.I've read him described as the best young manager in Europe on here.
People get carried away, win lose or draw especially on here.

Back