Only 1 point clear as far as I'm concerned

Celtic will start to pull it back and things will even out a bit once the likes of McGregor and that Japanese guy are back and they spend in the January window too.

It's only 7-games into the season, a lot of seasons you have an Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell that's started well and it gives them a false standing.

That said, it does make the Hibs game next week an absolutely massive game. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have one eye on them and the 1-point gap and it being vital to win to make that 4-points and start to put a bit of space between us.

For me it's 6-points clear, but I take your point atm as things stand.
The wee tin strap will get sussed out ivy the usual hammer throwers on most swag games

Our biggest challenge looks to be coming from the other side of the M8 instead of the other side of the city.

Angeball is burst and I don't consider them to be title challengers any more.

They can scrap it out with Aberdeen and St Johnstone for that coveted top 6 spot and the chance of another home match against The Famous.

We have two big games coming up against our rivals which could see us pull ahead.

If we get our form sorted there's a lot to look forward to this season. Unlike that lot, who have destroyed their own club through a decade of Sevcoing at the moon.

Looking forward to the media all becoming Hibs fans again. It's always been about The Rangers, always will.
No offence mate, it’s a six point lead.

At the end of the season they will be second so for me it's 6 points. The rest will fall away like they do every year. We are 6 points ahead of the team that will ultimately be our closest rival.

A test for me is this...it was this morning before I knew the Hearts score yesterday. Their game was finished about 5 minutes today and I knew the score. That's the difference in importance.

They are "the rest" this is them now. This is what they did to themselves.

We've barely moved out of first gear this season and we're top. Just wait until we hit form, we'll have the cigars out by new year again.

They will only get top 6 this season because Aberdeen will let them have it.

Correct attitude, we need to think like that and the next two league games against Hibs and Hearts will tell us much about their “challenge”.
The issues they will have is when injuries and suspensions kick in and their squads are paper thin like the tims
And our defence ! :(

Usually the teams with a proper structure, style of play and game management will have a chance of competing over a full season and I would say hibs seem to be the team that are closer to us than anybody else right now if that's true

Our biggest challenge looks to be coming from the other side of the M8 instead of the other side of the city.

They can scrap it out with Aberdeen and St Johnstone for that coveted top 6 spot and the chance of another home match against The Famous.

We have two big games coming up against our rivals which could see us pull ahead.

If we get our form sorted there's a lot to look forward to this season. Unlike that lot, who have destroyed their own club through a decade of Sevcoing at the moon.

Looking forward to the media all becoming Hibs fans again. It's always been about The Rangers, always will.we don't know

I'm concerned over our own form,we don't know what form of ourselves is going to turn up. We need to get back to the one touch stuff we were playing.

This is the correct attitude. As funny as that mob's problems are, we have a tough game next Sunday after an away tie in Europe.

And then we play Hearts after the break. Let's not give either of them confidence that we aren't up for winning this title

Looking forward to the media all becoming Hibs fans again. It's always been about The Rangers, always will.
Ok cool story bro.

Celtic will improve and we will need to improve also.
Too much at stake for us and them with the Champions League money that’s on offer.
We simply have to win the league again.

Part of the challenge for us at present lies not so much in us being defeated, but more in the potential of us drawing a game or 2 imo. Thinks can be a bit nerve-rackerish at present.

Sure things will be fine though.

I'm not too worried about Hibs and Hearts. Their challenge will fizzle out because they don't have the squad depth to handle injuries and suspensions. We need to do two things. 1) find our form from last season and 2) get as far ahead of Celtic as we can.

If what you say is true, and they are our title challengers for this season, they may as well give us the trophy now.

They have very little, if any, strength in depth.
That is why we should prevail yet again.
Even with this mid to low block...style.

Dear oh dear.

By the way. Are we playing this system so it looks like we are now giving the others a chance?

As this thread shows October is going to be interesting. We have not hit form yet but the scum are so bad it doesn't matter. I hope we're on top form before we play them again, we owe them a doing.

Love the sentiment but no, sorry. Our only challengers are the scum. Hibs and Hearts will fade away in the weeks to come. We are 6 points clear of the scum which is excellent.

You can get 10/1 Hibs to beat us next week, that's illuminating. They could potentially be a nuisance, but they're not a direct competitor.

Next two games are vital for us. The incentive of automatic champions league qualification next season must be a huge carrot to dangle for the players. i agree with you, i dont see the manks as title contenders anymore

The manks are going to be our closest rival hibs and hearts will drop points off the lesser teams of the league and then play like of aberdeen and St johstone and will take points off each other.

Hibs and Hearts don’t have the depth to sustain a 38 game title challenge. Although, they may well battle for second.

I agree with you.

None of the 3 of them have the squad depth, or quality, to get close to us, over a season.

Nailed it.

The last time we wrote Hearts off for a league win they destroyed us in the Championship.

The last time we wrote Hearts off as a competition to finish about us in a league they were relegated

2018/19 Hearts won 6 of their first 7 games and ended the season 26 points behind a Rangers team far removed from the one we currently have in terms of the place we are at and what we now have under our belt. A Rangers team that started the season with less points than we currently have.

Last edited:
The manks are going to be our closest rival hibs and hearts will drop points off the lesser teams of the league and then play like of aberdeen and St johstone and will take points off each other.
Is that not exactly what Celtic have been doing for over a year now?

What a deluded thread. A lot on here waiting for us to hit the next gear,we actually may not hit that gear or maybe we just haven’t progressed in the transfer market.
As for the scum they are actually making more chances than us plenty more,ok you’ve got to take the chances, however its maybe them that will hit the next gear taking those chances becacause realistically we haven’t got a clue how to break teams down. It’s concerning.

As per the vast majority of seasons, finish above them and we win the league.
Yes, for the last thirty-five years, whoever has finished top between Rangers and Celtic have been champions.
Some might call that a pattern!
On a lighter note, I recentry had a sellik supporter claim a great achievement in that septic haven’t finished outside the top two in Scotland since 1994.
I could only congratulate them!

At 5pm on Sunday we will know if hibs on current form are the best, 2nd best or 3rd best team in the country. Sunday is a huge game. But they don't have the depth of squad to win title. They can impact our league challenge hugely and put us out of cup competitions but they can't win the league.

it’s a two horse race between us and the mhanks, every other team will start to fade away come the turn of the year as they always do. The others don’t carry the squads that us two do a couple of injuries and suspensions and the arse falls out of them
Celtic don't carry the squad the old firm usually do

See their bench yesterday?

This will definitely be our toughest domestic challenge of the season so far on Sunday. Celtic couldn't wish for a kinder fixture to get themselves back on track - Aberdeen are an absolute riot at the moment and don't exactly get themselves up for games against Celtic at the best of times - so we'll need to produce our best performance of the season to make sure we stay 6 ahead.

Like Livi and Dundee Utd you mean?

Doom mongering?
It's more concern over our lack of form.
You seem to have a guilty conscience.

Otherwise, strange to jump in and reply to that post with the response that you did.

Have you considered that your constant, over bearing negativity might be a little bit out of whack.

Your are depressingly, unceasingly negative.

And no I’m not suggesting head in the sand or happy clapper. But your extreme approach the other way isn’t reasonable or healthy either. Take a day off or turn it down a notch.

What a deluded thread. A lot on here waiting for us to hit the next gear,we actually may not hit that gear or maybe we just haven’t progressed in the transfer market.
As for the scum they are actually making more chances than us plenty more,ok you’ve got to take the chances, however its maybe them that will hit the next gear taking those chances becacause realistically we haven’t got a clue how to break teams down. It’s concerning.
What a deluded post.

Rangers awful and no hope for improvement

Celtic amazing lots to be excited about

Your analysis of the current situation is crazily wrong.

The last time we wrote Hearts off as a competition to finish about us in a league they were relegated

2018/19 Hearts won 6 of their first 7 games and ended the season 26 points behind a Rangers team far removed from the one we currently have in terms of the place we are at and what we now have under our belt. A Rangers team that started the season with less points than we currently have.

I'd wager the current Hearts team are far better too.

Back