Only 1 point clear as far as I'm concerned

Were Hearts relegated in 18/19.

You claim they were.

Both teams have moved forward. We will win the league but they won't finish 26 points behind.

They weren't, season after another season when they were a threat to finish above us but didn't, is what it is, the notion Hearts are closer to us now then they were is absurd to be honest.

What a deluded post.

Rangers awful and no hope for improvement

Celtic amazing lots to be excited about

Your analysis of the current situation is crazily wrong.
you really are dreaming mate.You like many others just can’t see we have big problems. I think we will win the title but it’s not going to be a cake walk.

In a normal season the league winners will win the league with about 90 points and third place (usually top diddy team) would have about 60-65 points.

this season I think we will win the league with about 86 points and the the best diddy team will be 20 points behind us.

Hibs started well last season and then they ended up finishing 3rd which they will do so again come the end of the season. They don't have the squad or the consistency over a season to sustain a challenge same with Hearts. We are 6 clear of our main title rivals as it stands the now but we have to get the finger out and get going performance wise.

Honestly at this point they look worse than last season and I didn’t think that was possible. I don’t think the gap will be 20 odd points like it was last season but I do think it will be around 15, just down to our level not being at the same level as last season. Hearts and hibs will fall away because they’ll get injuries to one or two key players and they don’t have the squad depth to keep their form up.

you really are dreaming mate.You like many others just can’t see we have big problems. I think we will win the title but it’s not going to be a cake walk.
Only one person is dreaming, and unfortunately it’s a nightmare you are having.

Your argument is essentially the best possible outcome will occur for Celtic and the worst possible outcome will happen for Rangers. The truth for both clubs will likely be somewhere in the middle. Your are guaranteeing, as you do persistently on here, that Celtic will get a lot better and Rangers will be worse. But the objective evidence does not suggest these are the most likely outcomes.

Rangers have more reasons to expect improvements. This squad was 25 points ahead last year and has been there and done it. We know we have levels to go up. We have key players to come back e.g. Jack. We have greater squad depth than them
We have causes for concern. We aren’t playing well, we aren’t playing with enough intensity or pace in our game. Key players are off form.

Celtic have many of the same issues and worse. They don’t have the squad depth to absorb loss of key players. They don’t really have a squad that have been there and done it now. They have a rookie manager in European terms who can’t change a failing style. They haven’t won away in the league since Feb. Etc etc

It is utterly ridiculous that you persist with this Celtic will definitely realise their best possible situation and Rangers will definitely realise their worst schtick.

Your perspective cannot reasonably be supported by current available evidence.

You are dreaming.

Last edited:
Yes, for the last thirty-five years, whoever has finished top between Rangers and Celtic have been champions.
Some might call that a pattern!
On a lighter note, I recentry had a sellik supporter claim a great achievement in that septic haven’t finished outside the top two in Scotland since 1994.
I could only congratulate them!
Finished 4th in 1995.

Honestly at this point they look worse than last season and I didn’t think that was possible. I don’t think the gap will be 20 odd points like it was last season but I do think it will be around 15, just down to our level not being at the same level as last season. Hearts and hibs will fall away because they’ll get injuries to one or two key players and they don’t have the squad depth to keep their form up.
Whilst in general I agree, would you not say the last part of your post also accurately describes Celtic right now?

Kyogo out and their toiling to collect points and toiling in 6th

You think Motherwell will finish 2nd? Bold shout

We do like to titillate ourselves over which team can finish 2nd. Probably a bit too much actually.

Had this all last season as well, these threads every time they dropped points, and in the end no one even got close.

To be honest we’ve been below par ourselves. 6 points is nice but we certainly need to improve rather than fantasising about who will come 2nd. We haven’t won it yet

Whilst in general I agree, would you not say the last part of your post also accurately describes Celtic right now?

Kyogo out and their toiling to collect points and toiling in 6th
Definitely but they most likely have more quality through their squad than a hearts and hibs, that’s why they will probably beat hearts and hibs to second place:p

Only one person is dreaming, and unfortunately it’s a nightmare you are having.

Your argument is essentially the best possible outcome will occur for Celtic and the worst possible outcome will happen for Rangers. The truth for both clubs will likely be somewhere in the middle. Your are guaranteeing, as you do persistently on here, that Celtic will get a lot better and Rangers will be worse. But the objective evidence does not suggest these are the most likely outcomes.

Rangers have more reasons to expect improvements. This squad was 25 points ahead last year and has been there and done it. We know we have levels to go up. We have key players to come back e.g. Jack. We have greater squad depth than them
We have causes for concern. We aren’t playing well, we aren’t playing with enough intensity or pace in our game. Key players are off form.

Celtic have many of the same issues and worse. They don’t have the squad depth to absorb loss of key players. They don’t really have a squad that have been there and done it now. They have a rookie manager in European terms who can’t change a failing style. They haven’t won away in the league since Feb. Etc etc

It is utterly ridiculous that you persist with this Celtic will definitely realise their best possible situation and Rangers will definitely realise their worst schtick.

Your perspective cannot reasonably be supported by current available evidence.

You are dreaming.
None sense . I’m not suggesting such thing ie Celtic will get it together and we won’t.
Although it’s a possibility. I’m not interested in those scumbags whatsoever but I’m not so deluded to write them off like you.
Its my opinion that they are creating more chances than us and that’s where our problem lies midfield to front we lack ideas and creativity in this area which in turn puts pressure on our defence.
I also don’t think we have progressed in the market and it’s a concern that we may not hit the upper level where we were.
So don’t suggest I see the scumbags in a greater light,it’s quite offensive actually.

None sense . I’m not suggesting such thing ie Celtic will get it together and we won’t.
Although it’s a possibility. I’m not interested in those scumbags whatsoever but I’m not so deluded to write them off like you.
Its my opinion that they are creating more chances than us and that’s where our problem lies midfield to front we lack ideas and creativity in this area which in turn puts pressure on our defence.
I also don’t think we have progressed in the market and it’s a concern that we may not hit the upper level where we were.
So don’t suggest I see the scumbags in a greater light,it’s quite offensive actually.
Your post history undoes you

You repeatedly express confidence they will improve and we will not

Celtic will start to pull it back and things will even out a bit once the likes of McGregor and that Japanese guy are back and they spend in the January window too.
Says who?
What has the Japanese actually done to deserve all this adulation?
And McGregor?
He featured for them throughout last season when they crashed and burned so spectacularly.

Neither Hearts nor Hibs will be near second by the end of the season.

The same pish gets trotted out every year. They were in turmoil in 20/21 and still finished 14 points clear of the rest.

There is some real (misplaced) confidence in this Celtic team and no mark manager on here.

Extremely odd for a Rangers forum to be honest.

Celtic with an unproven manager and under strength squad will come good, the Rangers team who done all they could to earn the trust of the support are destined to play out the season with performances like Saturday, really is strange.

Our biggest challenge looks to be coming from the other side of the M8 instead of the other side of the city.

Angeball is burst and I don't consider them to be title challengers any more.

They can scrap it out with Aberdeen and St Johnstone for that coveted top 6 spot and the chance of another home match against The Famous.

We have two big games coming up against our rivals which could see us pull ahead.

If we get our form sorted there's a lot to look forward to this season. Unlike that lot, who have destroyed their own club through a decade of Sevcoing at the moon.

Looking forward to the media all becoming Hibs fans again. It's always been about The Rangers, always will.
Writing them off is mental mate as they had plenty chances to score on Sunday but failed, it won’t always be the case and with our lack of goals they’re far from out of it at the moment

Hibs Hearts will never sustain it over the season. However the current bheasts squad doesnt look blessed with great depth of quality either. I can see the gap slowly increasing as we have still to hit form and have the likes of Jack to return.

If Celtic can keep their key players fit (Furuhashi, McGregor) then they’ll go on a run at some point and leave Hearts and Hibs behind I think. That’s a big if though, considering McGregor has been playing probably up there with the most minutes in Europe for the last 4 years, and Furuhashi is basically playing a second league season without a break given how the J-League is scheduled - I dare say it might be quite likely they both suffer from niggly injuries this season, especially given the high pressing game they seem insistent on playing.

Both Hibs and Hearts will have an opportunity to make a go at second this season I think, but it will ultimately depend on how well they put away the other 8 teams in the league out with the top 4 - I suspect they’ll be generally more capable of chucking away stupid points than Celtic will over the course of a season.

For us though, if we hit form in any decent time we’ll win this league with a bit to spare. I’m optimistic Hibs and Hearts at home with a big crowd will get the players up for it and get another few levels out of our performance and we should have a comfortable gap in a few weeks at the top of the table.

It never crossed my mind to look at the one point gap ! By the time I do it will be irrelevant, the teams between us and them will all take points off each other.

Writing them off is mental mate as they had plenty chances to score on Sunday but failed, it won’t always be the case and with our lack of goals they’re far from out of it at the moment

They won a league in 2019/20 while we fucked about doing that to be honest, our run after we went to Dubai was never entirely related to performance as such but taking chances, we lost 1-0 at home to Hamilton after having a good 345 shots at goal, while we were doing that they won a league

Not taking chances can become a theme, it is for them.

They won a league in 2019/20 while we fucked about doing that to be honest, our run after we went to Dubai was never entirely related to performance as such but taking chances, we lost 1-0 at home to Hamilton after having a good 345 shots at goal, while we were doing that they won a league

Not taking chances can become a theme, it is for them.
All that is needed to change it is a player getting his confidence infront of goal and everything changes whether it’s a theme or not.

the luck genuinely tends to follow good coaching to be honest.
There are players who score goals that can’t be coached where to be when the ball drops in the box and the same players will tell you that they haven’t got a clue why they moved to a certain spot as instinct took over any coaching.

I agree with players like Itten as he is a coached forward but players like Ally , Boyd or Ian Rush just seem to be at the right place at the right time, if that is coached then why isn’t a defender coached to counter the coached forward ?

There are players who score goals that can’t be coached where to be when the ball drops in the box and the same players will tell you that they haven’t got a clue why they moved to a certain spot as instinct took over any coaching.

I agree with players like Itten as he is a coached forward but players like Ally , Boyd or Ian Rush just seem to be at the right place at the right time, if that is coached then why isn’t a defender coached to counter the coached forward ?

Boyd would probably disagree with your assessment of him based on his comments about his willingness to learn and work when speaking about his progress and ability on Open Goal to be honest.

A defender is coached to counter it, it is why games don't always end up about 32-24

Boyd would probably disagree with your assessment of him based on his comments about his willingness to learn and work when speaking about his progress and ability on Open Goal to be honest.

A defender is coached to counter it, it is why games don't always end up about 32-24
So lucky players don’t exist.? We won’t agree on this so better leaving it be, we will agree that We are the people though :))

Nah, they're absolutely rotten. Their squad is so thin and badly assembled its hilarious. They are reduced to the rest and will be lucky to get a European spot.

Their only hope this season is if they manage to stay within 10-12 points of us then in January have another Robbie Keane "rhats jus won us ra league so it hus" moment when they go out panic buying, for all that to fail as well.

If we even shift up a couple of gears, they won't even have that.

We have big problems but are still going to win the league? I'll take big problems every season if that's the outcome

We have big problems but are still going to win the league? I'll take big problems every season if that's the outcome.

We have big problems but are still going to win the league? I'll take big problems every season if that's the outcome
What about overall progression?
What about Europe? Because we can still take the league doesn't mean we have progressed to a higher level.

What about overall progression?
What about Europe? Because we can still take the league doesn't mean we have progressed to a higher level.
The league is number 1 priority every season. If we have big problems, as you say, we don't win the league. We have tried to do better in Europe for years and have done it a handful of times. Doesn't mean we have big problems

Back