Only 550 PSV fans tonight?

Holland has still got covid restrictions , that will explain why they took so few , probably a lot of hassle for the psv fans to come over here

translated from the tweet

PSV will be supported by 550 supporters in Glasgow tonight. For the game against the Rangers, more than 2,600 tickets were available for the away section -
I
translated from the tweet

PSV will be supported by 550 supporters in Glasgow tonight. For the game against the Rangers, more than 2,600 tickets were available for the away section -
I Presumed they had sold their allocation :eek:

Mate we will sell out our section at any ground we get tickets for if we get through.
Bookmark this

It’ll only be the well off fans potentially attending.

Normal punters are bound to be constrained financially by having to find £200-300 extra a month.

Harsh economic reality is our European away support will be way down this year as well.

If we get through this tie, the demand for away tickets will be insane.

Group stage of the EL, perhaps it'll drop off a little. Still comfortably be one of the biggest traveling supports in Europe though.

If we get through this tie, the demand for away tickets will be insane.

Group stage of the EL, perhaps it'll drop off a little. Still comfortably be one of the biggest traveling supports in Europe though.
Especially if go into the Europa league & are top seeds, will probs get some awful eastern european ties for travelling wise.

I got off at Cowcaddens at about just after 5:30pm today and there was easily a couple hundred of them piling on as I was getting off. They were pretty loud but seemed in good spirits.

It’ll only be the well off fans potentially attending.

Normal punters are bound to be constrained financially by having to find £200-300 extra a month.
The reality is our support will find a way by hook or crook and make sacrifices somewhere to be there.

Sound hopefully we do. Some are obviously rich enough or have no responsibilities when it comes to children. Many do. We won't travel in numbers of previous years for a variety of reasons. Anyone thinking we will obviously is in 1 of the 2 brackets or both I mention.
Some people are responsible enough to save money especially for trips like these, the same people who usually know how to arrange childcare as well.

lady's front bottom s with Celtic flags in their end.

Thought the bheasts had a speshul relationship with feyenoord

I only noticed them when they scored. Thought they were quite disappointing myself

Yes not getting the “they out sung us” nonsense. They were quiet till they scored, then sat in stoney silence from the moment rangers equalised till they themselves equalised.

Also what is it with opposition “wind up flags”? There was a Celtic flag in the PSV fans and at least two Ajax flags in the Broomloan. Trying to outcringe each other

There were about 100 maybe more PSV fans up in the club deck. They were cordoned off by stewards as I walked passed just after the final whistle.
Just along from me but didn’t notice them until the final whistle.

If we can do this for European ties we can accommodate small away supports in the Club Deck and sell out the away section to Rangers supporters.

If we can do this for European ties we can accommodate small away supports in the Club Deck and sell out the away section to Rangers supporters.

We have to sell a certain % of “premium” tickets to away Euro fans.

That’s why unless high risk, there is always some in clubdeck.

Out sung us for large parts. Annoyingly.
I watched on Stan Sports Australila, who buy from the UK.
Commentator Dury and Townsend.

At one stage in first half when they had a lot of the ball Townsend said this is what PSV would want, nullify crowd and only have their own fans singing.
Except the only singing could hear was our fans...

I noticed how few seats were being used for segregation between the fans at the broomloan, and it made me wonder why we can’t do the same thing against the teams in the league that bring hardly anyone

Wonder of the local police next week Will go into their end and take out any mentally challenged flags.

Yes that’s what we need, less away fans still.

We have to sell a certain % of “premium” tickets to away Euro fans.

That’s why unless high risk, there is always some in clubdeck.
Yes, UEFA policy but it shows we can share turnstiles, concourse and toilets without any trouble so the Scottish authorities should have no issue with low risk matches.

For clarity, I thought we were quiet other than bursts where Ibrox is probably the loudest stadium in Europe. They created a racket during our periods of quiet. Was a nervy atmosphere. I stood in GF1. Folk getting their knickers in a twist over a comment :D

Yes not getting the “they out sung us” nonsense. They were quiet till they scored, then sat in stoney silence from the moment rangers equalised till they themselves equalised.

Also what is it with opposition “wind up flags”? There was a Celtic flag in the PSV fans and at least two Ajax flags in the Broomloan. Trying to outcringe each other

4 Ajax flags in the Sandy Jardine (tbf one was a Rangers/Ajax flag) and 3 in the Broomloan. Also seen a lad, right on the divide between Broomloan and away fans with the black Ajax top on who ended.up dropping his arse and putting his jacket back over it when some big Dutch bloke started noising him up a bit!

Expected more noise from them last night, they came alive after each of their goals but otherwise I'd say USG support were louder despite their team being really poor last week.

Thought their guys on the drums were excellent though, a level above the UB in that regard.

Back