Only Disappointment - Fans at Full Time

The critics in here are just lashing out at someone to deal with their hurt, as if we aren’t just as fuckin gutted about the result seeing the penalty live and hearing Frankfurt celebrate it. All while being dangerously dehydrated.

The singing wasn’t what we wanted it to be, tried my best and so did my dad and brother. We were so close.

Criticise the fans who were there all you want lads.

At the end of the day, you sat on your fat arse in Glasgow for one of the biggest games in our history, while the rest of us took planes, trains and automobiles to support our team. Spending an absolute fortune and being treated like animals in the process.

You can ram your excuses. I know who I am prouder to be associated with.

At the end of the day, you sat on your fat arse in Glasgow for one of the biggest games in our history, while the rest of us took planes, trains and automobiles to support our team. Spending an absolute fortune and being treated like animals in the process.

Indeed. A lot of blind revisionism on this post from folk not in the ground. Probably my 25th or so euro football trip and the worst set up in a stadium in relation to the games stature I've ever seen. Genuinely the first time I've ever drunk from taps in stadium bogs anywhere, be it football or gigs, such was the desperation for water and as I was driving to Madrid straight after, I only had a couple of midi pints with a steak and potatoes bravas lunch around 1230. Folk going on about everyone drinking too much is nonsense. A massive chunk of that support were on deadlines for transport and as such were pretty sober if not completely sober. Some utter bell ends on this thread who will also probably be bitching about the cup final on Saturday too regardless of result.

A mixture of too many people spending big bucks for a ticket that never go to games and fans that were more interested in getting pished for 3 days and too fvcked for the game.

Was embarrassing watching the players go to clap the fans and hardly anyone there.
Think you’ve missed out the part where quite a lot of fans were leaving straight after the game. I had to get from the stadium to the other Olympic stadium to get a bus back to faro for a 6am flight and it was stressful as %^*&.

A mixture of too many people spending big bucks for a ticket that never go to games and fans that were more interested in getting pished for 3 days and too fvcked for the game.

Was embarrassing watching the players go to clap the fans and hardly anyone there.
Funnily enough, the people I seen outside the stadium before the second place medals were handed out included the people I see at virtually every European away

So your generalisation is completely wrong

The game kicked off at 9pm local. The game finished close to midnight and all day we were getting fed mixed messages about whether we would get travel back to Jerez for a 4am flight. As soon as they scored the winning penalty we headed for the exits. Leaving at 4am wasn’t ideal but we didn’t have much choices with travel, and originally the flight was suppose to be to/from Seville but got changed to Jerez about less than 24 hours before we flew out, and Jerez is roughly a one hour drive to Seville.

People who weren’t there slating those of us who were for leaving is ridiculous. 40 degrees, no fluids for 4 hours, early busses, planes etc, thousands spent, stadium conditions worse than anything I’ve experienced.

I love these players and il roar them on on Saturday but on Wednesday i was fucked and dehydrated beyond belief. Probably a lot less comfortable than those on their couch throwing mud around.

The players will hear my thanks and congratulations when we win on Saturday. The same folk moaning can tell me then what the noise is like from that same couch.

The game kicked off at 9pm local. The game finished close to midnight and all day we were getting fed mixed messages about whether we would get travel back to Jerez for a 4am flight. As soon as they scored the winning penalty we headed for the exits. Leaving at 4am wasn’t ideal but we didn’t have much choices with travel, and originally the flight was suppose to be to/from Seville but got changed to Jerez about less than 24 hours before we flew out, and Jerez is roughly a one hour drive to Seville.
On the same flight. Just wonder what the OP would have done if he had got up of his a@&@ and went into debt like many did to get to the game, instead of sitting with a pint in Glasgow saying their not real fans.

On the same flight. Just wonder what the OP would have done if he had got up of his a@&@ and went into debt like many did to get to the game, instead of sitting with a pint in Glasgow saying their not real fans.
There are always members of the ‘not a real fan’ brigade on here mate. Be it your views on politics, attending games, standing, singing, opinions on players, the board etc. You can never win. Best ignored. Everyone knows themselves how big a fan they are or aren’t. Ignore the noise. We had a memory of a lifetime in Seville.

Op…We were at the game and hadn’t had any water / sugary drinks for over 6 hours. We were drinking Tap water that gives you the shits.

We were also treated like animals by the Spanish Police whilst the EF thugs seemed to have free reign and the thought of leaving the stadium at the same time as them was not exactly appealing. We had just seen our team lose on penalties in one of the biggest games of our lives and spent thousands of £s doing so.

I was physically and emotionally spent and the last thing on my mind was staying behind to watch the Germans lift the trophy so I could applaud our team also. I’ll do that tomorrow.

If that’s not good enough for you then tough shit. Please know all the facts before jumping to conclusions and criticising your fellow supporters.

I stayed when they lost 10IAR and one of our greatest teams were going to be dismantled.

I stayed in Manchester

I stayed tonight.

Many of our fans are absolute frauds.
Well good for you I take it you didn’t have less than an hour to catch your transfer for a 4am flight. It would have meant more if you had had to spend a couple of grand to stay as many would have if they had missed their flights. Then maybe because they can’t afford that they are not as loyal as you.

As an 'armchair fan' for this game I criticised the atmosphere and a fair few have taken serious offence.

Given this is the Bear Pit, that criticism was extremely mild compared to the criticisms the team and fans get on a twice-weekly basis throughout the season.

From what I've read over the past couple of days there were obviously issues that affected the fans in the stadium but I hope that the 'righteously angry' reflect that players suffer from various issues affecting performance throughout their careers and fans have very little understanding or patience if they don't deliver.

It just seemed that, on the night, for whatever reasons, Eintracht fans gave their team better backing than we did - which seemed inconceivable before the game.

As an 'armchair fan' for this game I criticised the atmosphere and a fair few have taken serious offence.

Given this is the Bear Pit, that criticism was extremely mild compared to the criticisms the team and fans get on a twice-weekly basis throughout the season.

From what I've read over the past couple of days there were obviously issues that affected the fans in the stadium but I hope that the 'righteously angry' reflect that players suffer from various issues affecting performance throughout their careers and fans have very little understanding or patience if they don't deliver.

It just seemed that, on the night, for whatever reasons, Eintracht fans gave their team better backing than we did - which seemed inconceivable before the game.
I really don’t think you have got any idea of what some of us had to do to get to seville on the day of the game. By the time I got back to Edinburgh I hadn’t slept for 48 hours and had walked over 20km on the day of the game is 33 degree heat and sung my heart out for the full game. Throw in the emotional stress and lack of any drinks in the stadium and then you might just maybe could give some supporters who were in a bad way health wise a wee break.

Shite apology.

I really don’t think you have got any idea of what some of us had to do to get to seville on the day of the game. By the time I got back to Edinburgh I hadn’t slept for 48 hours and had walked over 20km on the day of the game is 33 degree heat and sung my heart out for the full game. Throw in the emotional stress and lack of any drinks in the stadium and then you might just maybe could give some supporters who were in a bad way health wise a wee break.
Stand corrected but what i was saying is that there seems to be an influx for tickets these days.
I would never criticise a Rangers supporter ,but sometimes the club needs to get a grip.
I have never missed a European game at Ibrox in years.
Been going since the mid 70's ,and never got a sniff of a ticket for the Euro Final ,Scottish semi ,or final.
The club needs to get to grips with this imo ,too many "big game hunters " ,appearing now.
Anyway would never criticise the ordinary suoporter like yourself ,and the way our support was treated was shambolic.
Again the ordinary punter treated with contempt again.

The fans as a whole were pretty poor, they were out sung form the first minute until the end.
I'd have given my left bollock to be in that Stadium, yet our fans just sat there quiet as mouse's when being outsung by the Germans, who also had no water and were in the sun.

The players needed a lift, their fans gave them it constantly, ours didn't.
Thats well. Thats pure bollocks.

I stayed and clapped every Rangers player collect their medals. I sang every song. I shouted myself hoarse.

No criticism at all from me for any Bear who left as soon as the final penalty was scored or who wasn’t in their best singing shape. It was fucking hot, fucking dry and people had spent a lot of money and travelled a fucking long way to get there. Easy to throw stones from home.

I wasn't there, I posted on here why I didn't go but was at 5 of the aways in the lead up to the final.

You're 100% spot on, the amount of folk with something negative to say about the lads and lassies who burst their arses to get there is a fucking embarrassment.

Last edited:
Plains trains and automobiles in stifling heat and tight deadlines regarding travelling back home and with arseholes in uniforms trying to make life as difficult as possible for us...all in all the bears were outstanding in the circumstances.

As for the ticket distribution and debates about the atmosphere a SERIOUS discussion needs to take place regarding UEFA‘s decision making in various matters and the club’s disgusting MyGers scheme/scam! Proud of the team and all TRUE bears who got a ticket and the many who didn’t which is hard to take given the diabolical way this cup final was handled.

Demand was always going to outstrip supply for this but Euro final venues...Stadiums and the cities ultimately chosen need to reflect more on the size of the fan bases involved, both UEFA in this instance and in all future cases should only be giving tickets to fans who are legitimate season ticket holders of the team’s playing in the final and if there’s any tickets left which is unlikely they can be sold to whoever wants to buy them and as for the MyGers scheme...that is simply disgusting and insulting that people who‘ve spent more on merchandise got a ticket for such a prestigious event over people who’s credentials cannot be questioned. Bigger wallets do not a Ranger make.

My only disappointment after tonight is that every Rangers fan should have stayed and applauded the team for there efforts when they went to collect there medals and the amazing run they have had.

The bit looked empty as they went up

They made us dream

They made us proud
Not got a problem with your post but we're you there a lot supporters had very little time to get

back to there transport to get back to what ever airport that was,
Let's not forget that once again we were at the bottom of the consideration league.

Absolute fucking drivel, give your head a wobble.

Absolute fucking drivel, give your head a wobble.
What's your problem?

You want a medal for going to a big football final in a country with a warm climate?

The next time you feel like criticising a professional footballer, you can't because you don't have a fraction of the ability?

What's your problem?

You want a medal for going to a big football final in a country with a warm climate?

The next time you feel like criticising a professional footballer, you can't because you don't have a fraction of the ability?

I don't have a problem. I'm not going to speculate what yours is but there clearly is one

Tbh, if I had just sat in the heat of Spain for well over 2 hours with no water, I would have left as soon as it finished just to get a shop for a drink alone.

What's your problem?

What kind of post is this man?

T
Stand corrected but what i was saying is that there seems to be an influx for tickets these days.
I would never criticise a Rangers supporter ,but sometimes the club needs to get a grip.
I have never missed a European game at Ibrox in years.
Been going since the mid 70's ,and never got a sniff of a ticket for the Euro Final ,Scottish semi ,or final.
The club needs to get to grips with this imo ,too many "big game hunters " ,appearing now.
Anyway would never criticise the ordinary suoporter like yourself ,and the way our support was treated was shambolic.
Again the ordinary punter treated with contempt again.
Then you cant be in mygers then. If you go to all the games over the last few years you got a ticket for the final. I take tickets for every home game all the shite friendlies and Scottish cup and league cup early rounds and got a ticket for the semi v Celtic, the europa league final and tomorrows final.

What kind of post is this man?
I criticised the fans.

Fans that were there went 'off on one.'

I pointed out that fans often unfairly criticise footballers and shouldn't be so precious about what they perceive as unfair criticism.

That was it, basically.

T

Then you cant be in mygers then. If you go to all the games over the last few years you got a ticket for the final. I take tickets for every home game all the shite friendlies and Scottish cup and league cup early rounds and got a ticket for the semi v Celtic, the europa league final and tomorrows final.
So do l, my kids also but I got a ticket and they didn’t. Only difference between us is I pay for Rtv. Cost me £ 1800 each for the kids. Oh by the way lm 66 and the kids are in their 30ts

I really can’t get my head around these MyGers complaints. Criticise the random UEFA ballot maybe, but the people who received myGers tickets will all be in gold tier or a high silver. From my experience of the scheme, the only way to get there is by going to EVERY game including aways. Merch etc won’t give you enough points without these.

You might not get to go to cup games, friendlies or away matches because your work or finances don’t allow it, but I’m afraid that’s the way it is.

I was there, stood right behind our dugout.
What I will say is, the bears dotted around us did attempt to join in and sing every song that started up, but all of our songs did seem a bit subdued and never picked up the usual gusto that goes with them.
We weren’t quiet, but every time the Frankfurt fans sang, it boomed out at us and they were all belting everything out.
I saw a mention in a thread (might’ve been this if this was merged) that Frankfurt basically gave all of their tickets to their ultras, which would’ve helped massively.

On another note, we stayed till Alex Lowry and one of the staff were the last ones off, and I shouted young Alex to pass a bottle up as we were gasping, and he duly did.
We applauded every single player and shouted our thanks and well dones to all of them. Most of them responded with a wave or thumbs up, but they were all just as devastated as we were.
When we got out, every single shop/kebab shop/pizzeria/take away had massive queues outside and we had to get back to my mates hotel before we could get a drink. It really was crazy!

Players get paid thousands a week to make up for the criticism. Its part of the job.

Fans like myself paid thousands to be treated like prisoners of war.

It’s hardly comparable.

For what its worth, i dont care who went or who watched it wear. But, maybe think before posting mate.

T

Same.

Mental that I took 2 trains, a plane and then drove for 7hrs to get to a game which cost me a fortune.

Got there and in 35 degree heat ended up drinking Spanish water out a tap in the toilets.

Now I'm getting pelters from folk on an internet forum who 'couldn't hear out support on the tele'.

Couldn't make that up man honestly.

For what it's worth the Frankfurt fans were louder than we were and they were more organised. Their team also performed better on the night which helps.

The noise when we scored was unlike anything I've ever heard.

As for staying behind... We just lost on penalties, needed to get transport and more importantly some water.

Cry me a river about staying behind to clap the players honestly.

It wasn’t just the tv. We were quiet all night. In fact, all day.
I think we were in the same row in N42. Patched my seat and just stood near the barrier at the concourse exit further down to avoid injuring myself or anyone else falling arse over tit. Sang my chops off the full game but we just never seemed to get going in the stands. Had plenty around me were trying but didn't know the songbook.

We'll never know, but the Ibrox atmosphere carried us over the line against Braga and Leipzig - can only wonder what a smaller allocation of the hardcore would have done to see out the game after Aribo's goal...

People criticising don't have any idea how stressful it was in that stadium and the walks people had to do etc after the game to get back to their transport.

I was the only guy on my bus who was lucky enough to have a ticket to the game and I had a 5k walk back to my bus and wasn't 100% sure exactly how to get back to where it was. I had it on Google maps and my battery was running low, if I missed my bus I would have been stuck in Malaga and unable to transfer the cash I needed to my card I was using to pay to get back to my digs and I was leaving at 8am the next morning.

I'm sure thousands of bears have similar tales.

That's before you even get into the fact we were treated like animals and the heat and water situation.

The armchair fans firing shots at the people who were there should politely shut the f*ck up.

Mental that I took 2 trains, a plane and then drove for 7hrs to get to a game which cost me a fortune.

Got there and in 35 degree heat ended up drinking Spanish water out a tap in the toilets.

Now I'm getting pelters from folk on an internet forum who 'couldn't hear out support on the tele'.

Couldn't make that up man honestly.

For what it's worth the Frankfurt fans were louder than we were and they were more organised. Their team also performed better on the night which helps.

The noise when we scored was unlike anything I've ever heard.

As for staying behind... We just lost on penalties, needed to get transport and more importantly some water.

Cry me a river about staying behind to clap the players honestly.
Exactly. I had to be up 6 hours after FT to be in a 6 hour car journey to the airport. I also hadn’t had water since 6pm. I love my team but i was humped. Il roar them on at hampden and cheer them at full time. I certainly wont be critical of what couch someone was in or how many snack runs they did because i, quite frankly, dont care.

I would have hung about but I honestly thought I was going to keel over through dehydration. That and the disappointment was just too much. Felt bad not staying as it was some achievement by the team just to get there.

Back