Only Disappointment - Fans at Full Time

Mental that I took 2 trains, a plane and then drove for 7hrs to get to a game which cost me a fortune.

Got there and in 35 degree heat ended up drinking Spanish water out a tap in the toilets.

Now I'm getting pelters from folk on an internet forum who 'couldn't hear out support on the tele'.

Couldn't make that up man honestly.

For what it's worth the Frankfurt fans were louder than we were and they were more organised. Their team also performed better on the night which helps.

The noise when we scored was unlike anything I've ever heard.

As for staying behind... We just lost on penalties, needed to get transport and more importantly some water.

Cry me a river about staying behind to clap the players honestly.

Spot on mate.

As an 'armchair fan' for this game I criticised the atmosphere and a fair few have taken serious offence.

Given this is the Bear Pit, that criticism was extremely mild compared to the criticisms the team and fans get on a twice-weekly basis throughout the season.

From what I've read over the past couple of days there were obviously issues that affected the fans in the stadium but I hope that the 'righteously angry' reflect that players suffer from various issues affecting performance throughout their careers and fans have very little understanding or patience if they don't deliver.

It just seemed that, on the night, for whatever reasons, Eintracht fans gave their team better backing than we did - which seemed inconceivable before the game.
Please stop talking shit, you are boring

They had run out of water before the game even kicked off. At half time the toilets were absolutely rammed with people having to drink from sinks.

I stayed to see the players get their medals but, will not judge anyone for leaving.

They switched the tap water off in our section just after half time as well. People were going mental at the Spanish robocops who just shrugged or shoved people away.

They switched the tap water off in our section just after half time as well. People were going mental at the Spanish robocops who just shrugged or shoved people away.
Im 35 and my son is 3 but if i was there with my son, the way some around me were, id have taken a lifting to get him water.

See to be fair it was Spanish coppers that eventually went and got us paper cups for water after the kiosk had run out of water at full time. Think the female cop could tell people were getting desperate so fair play to her. Appreciate that was probably the odd one out from other people's stories tho

Tbh mate I don’t know why guys like yourself are trying to justify these things , to people who weren’t there or in that situation .
Unless I missed it
I think we were in the same row in N42. Patched my seat and just stood near the barrier at the concourse exit further down to avoid injuring myself or anyone else falling arse over tit. Sang my chops off the full game but we just never seemed to get going in the stands. Had plenty around me were trying but didn't know the songbook.

We'll never know, but the Ibrox atmosphere carried us over the line against Braga and Leipzig - can only wonder what a smaller allocation of the hardcore would have done to see out the game after Aribo's goal...
i was in f42. In theory, those in the rangers end were the regular match goers. There wasn’t much more noise coming from there than there was from the neutral (rangers 99%) zone.

My voice is still goosed. Woke up this morning and could barely speak :D

You know after the game I immediately thought our fans weren't as loud as they could have been. But then you read on here the circumstanentces of what people went through to get there. Hats of to all the Bears that went you did us proud. Its crap you were treated like that.
And re watching the game I have heard us singing a few times up to 55mins just as much as Frankfurt really. Sometimes the TV doesn't convey the sound as much as it should.
Some people just like a moan.

Ive lost count of the number of times on here ive been called ‘not a real rangers fan’. Yet this has definitely got to be the most wild take on it all. Leaving devastated in search of water and 5 hours sleep. This is a wild place.

The comforting thing for me is what they will say to their grandkids when they ask them about the 2022 final in Seville.

“Nah son, didn’t go myself, watched it on BT Sport. Did a lot of moaning about it on the internet though”.

Ive lost count of the number of times on here ive been called ‘not a real rangers fan’. Yet this has definitely got to be the most wild take on it all. Leaving devastated in search of water and 5 hours sleep. This is a wild place.
I'm the same as you, I was desperate for water, that and finding my bus so I wasn't stranded with just the clothes on my back

I'm the same as you, I was desperate for water, that and finding my bus so I wasn't stranded with just the clothes on my back
I walked past the buses and felt instant empathy for those that had to get on them. That was my first thought. I had a 40 min walk and a 5 hour sleep. That trip cost me hundreds and i was away from my young kids for 3 days. Nobody will guilt me for leaving to make sure i got home, slept and made my flight

I walked past the buses and felt instant empathy for those that had to get on them. That was my first thought. I had a 40 min walk and a 5 hour sleep. That trip cost me hundreds and i was away from my young kids for 3 days. Nobody will guilt me for leaving to make sure i got home, slept and made my flight
I struggled through the game, my voice was practically gone when I got in and could barely speak, I didn't drink out the taps for fear of making myself ill but I must have stood and poured litres upon litres over my head trying to cool down, unless you were in the stadium nobody really knows what most of us were going through, it was absolutely horrendous, can't even begin to imagine how the older bears and those with young kids were feeling, genuinely hope no fans from any team ever have to put up with what we did.

I struggled through the game, my voice was practically gone when I got in and could barely speak, I didn't drink out the taps for fear of making myself ill but I must have stood and poured litres upon litres over my head trying to cool down, unless you were in the stadium nobody really knows what most of us were going through, it was absolutely horrendous, can't even begin to imagine how the older bears and those with young kids were feeling, genuinely hope no fans from any team ever have to put up with what we did.
Correct. I had 2 mouthfuls out the tap and was, after travelling all day on Thursday, in work at 0645 today. By 0720 id been to the toilet twice. Thats on me though because i left after pens. Apparently.

T

Then you cant be in mygers then. If you go to all the games over the last few years you got a ticket for the final. I take tickets for every home game all the shite friendlies and Scottish cup and league cup early rounds and got a ticket for the semi v Celtic, the europa league final and tomorrows final.
No not in mygers ,but have had a season ticket for years.
Paid for a season ticket with no football , but anyway ,so its Mygers or bust.

Correct. I had 2 mouthfuls out the tap and was, after travelling all day on Thursday, in work at 0645 today. By 0720 id been to the toilet twice. Thats on me though because i left after pens. Apparently.
I don't care what anyone has to say about us, heat affects everyone in different ways and for some us after 4hrs in there the feeling of needing water to stay alive was very much real

As an 'armchair fan' for this game I criticised the atmosphere and a fair few have taken serious offence.

Given this is the Bear Pit, that criticism was extremely mild compared to the criticisms the team and fans get on a twice-weekly basis throughout the season.

From what I've read over the past couple of days there were obviously issues that affected the fans in the stadium but I hope that the 'righteously angry' reflect that players suffer from various issues affecting performance throughout their careers and fans have very little understanding or patience if they don't deliver.

It just seemed that, on the night, for whatever reasons, Eintracht fans gave their team better backing than we did - which seemed inconceivable before the game.
Just cause you think something doesn’t mean you need to start a thread about it

Is everybody aware the players lapped the Rangers fans applauding them after the full time whistle and before the medal ceremony ? That was my reasoning for heading out for water , we’d already thanked them for their efforts

Edit

Maybe the adverts were on the tv coverage when that was going on

Is everybody aware the players lapped the Rangers fans applauding them after the full time whistle and before the medal ceremony ? That was my reasoning for heading out for water , we’d already thanked them for their efforts

Edit

exactly how i saw it. Didn’t see anyone leave before the players come across the pitch.

The majority of folk were leaving or had left just as they were completing the stand for the trophy ceremony

We arrived at the stadium before 6pm after walking from the official fan zone for 40mins.

So our last drink, which was a beer, was around 5.30pm and the next drop of liquid was a 0% Heineken beer at 60mins into the game so roughly 10.30pm. Not what I wanted or needed. No water or any juice available and the beer was literally the only cold liquid available.

I had been drinking during the day but wasn’t ever drunk as I was on a day trip and the timings didn’t really allow it.

Come extra time, the thirst was unbearable and all I could think about was finding water but still supported the team. Players were handing out water to fans in the lower tiers which is credible. Once the game was done, we had a charter flight to catch but the priority was water. The stadium was in a residential built up area. No shops or supermarkets. No garages open. Train station closed and only a Burger King that was rammed, vending machines that didn’t work and finally a cafe that we managed to get some bottled water from.

Anyone who criticises Rangers fans in the stadium for not doing their part are bang out of order. We were vocal and supported the team. Yes it could have been better but it wasn’t to be for the fans or the players.

Blame what you like…the weather, the drink, the part time fans but one thing you can’t blame is the team. An incredible European season and it just wasn’t our night. The fans, the management and the players done Rangers FC proud.

Edit

The players never lapped the Rangers fans.
They went over to the far side and stayed there.
We were right behind the dugout, and the only time they came near us was when they were leaving to go back to the dressing room.

The players never lapped the Rangers fans.
They went over to the far side and stayed there.
We were right behind the dugout, and the only time they came near us was when they were leaving to go back to the dressing room.
They came over and clapped behind the goals

What's your problem?

You want a medal for going to a big football final in a country with a warm climate?

The next time you feel like criticising a professional footballer, you can't because you don't have a fraction of the ability?
You just
I criticised the fans.

Fans that were there went 'off on one.'

I pointed out that fans often unfairly criticise footballers and shouldn't be so precious about what they perceive as unfair criticism.

That was it, basically.
Nah. You just doubled down on being an *rseh*le, that's what you did. If i was in the trenches, I'd take anyone of the supporters that travelled to Seville over a sanctimonious cretin like you.

I stayed and clapped every Rangers player collect their medals. I sang every song. I shouted myself hoarse.

No criticism at all from me for any Bear who left as soon as the final penalty was scored or who wasn’t in their best singing shape. It was fucking hot, fucking dry and people had spent a lot of money and travelled a fucking long way to get there. Easy to throw stones from home.
Much the same but left before presentation. 4 hours no water in hot and humid conditions, I was shouting and singing with a parched throat that actually made me feel nauseous. Another 1 hour walk back to my digs before I got water and it was still roasting. I thought I'd clap the players but they didn't look like they were coming to my end and uefa were arsing about for what seemed ages setting up the presentation so I left. Easy spent a grand. This is the stupidest OP on FF history which is quite an achievement.

Btw. Seville is a great city but it should never get another game of this magnitude. It's just too hot and the guardia civil are hooligans with a badge.

Criticise the fans who were there all you want lads.

At the end of the day, you sat on your fat arse in Glasgow for one of the biggest games in our history, while the rest of us took planes, trains and automobiles to support our team. Spending an absolute fortune and being treated like animals in the process.

You can ram your excuses. I know who I am prouder to be associated with.

Many of those sitting at home may not have the means - it takes a fair chunk of disposable income to be able to go off at short notice to another country particularly in the current economic climate. A lot of very loyal and passionate fans just don't have a grand laying about able to spend at the drop of a hat (especially if they've just renewed season tickets) plus the flexibility to take time off work at short notice. Being able to do so is a privileged position to be in and doesn't make someone a better fan than those who can't.

You've established %^*& all except a difference of opinion.

Don't want to be part of a pile on here mate but you're all over the shop.

You got it wrong about our fans and are now trying to tie that to people criticising players performances. It's honestly wild.

There's a thread on here trying to get a class action law suit against UEFA ffs and your posts are making sure it's not even the most bonkers post on the site. That's good going.

Reactions: TPP
Back