Only Disappointment - Fans at Full Time

Yeah, catching transport home and no water would not have been issues if we'd won and were not issues for our opponents.

I've got no complaints at all about our team who have exceeded all expectations and performed magnificently in this run...but the 'fans' in the stadium tonight were utterly pathetic.

They had run out of water before the game even kicked off. At half time the toilets were absolutely rammed with people having to drink from sinks.

I stayed to see the players get their medals but, will not judge anyone for leaving.
I’m reading that again.

Toilets were rammed with folk drinking from sinks.

And I’ll add, in second hand cups.

We were treated disgustingly today. Tens of thousands of pounds (maybe more) stolen from us. Herded and treated like scum by the police. No water. And a frankly substandard and extremely dangerous stadium.

My only disappointment after tonight is that every Rangers fan should have stayed and applauded the team for there efforts when they went to collect there medals and the amazing run they have had.

The bit looked empty as they went up

They made us dream

They made us proud

They were thirsty.

My only disappointment after tonight is that every Rangers fan should have stayed and applauded the team for there efforts when they went to collect there medals and the amazing run they have had.

They made us dream

They made us proud

The fans in were awful. Thats an element to how how tickets are distributed.

During the be 90 mins barely audible. A bit better during extra time.

I’m reading that again.

Toilets were rammed with folk drinking from sinks.

And I’ll add, in second hand cups.

We were treated disgustingly today. Tens of thousands of pounds (maybe more) stolen from us. Herded and treated like scum by the police. No water. And a frankly substandard and extremely dangerous stadium.

I actually got a 1.5l bottle of water taken off me walking in. I basically had to walk the entire perimeter of the stadium twice they way they did it in that ridiculous heat. Stood in a queue for 25minutes to get water. Managed but guys were coming up 20 minutes saying they had run out. This was 7.45pm. absolute disgrace

They made us dream

They made us proud
I'll admit I left pretty sharpish, stayed about 5 mins after the game, should have stayed to see our players get their medals, but I was so gutted I had to get out of there.

Yeah, it was disappointing. I just spoke with friends who were there though, and they were saying loads of people had no access to water, and they were desperate to get out and eat/drink. Heads should roll for that in Seville.
This. Not an enjoyable experience. Cramped. Scorching hot. People trawling the concourse with empty cups and bottles looking for a working tap.

When we did get out everything in the near vicinity was closed. Never been so thirsty. No public transport available. Literally just lucked into a taxi from a guy coming back from hospital who broke his leg when we scored as it was too steep.

The major disappointment for me tonight was our fans. Completely outsung from start to finish bar a few minutes. Maybe they were just too pished to realise the significance of the game but I was extremely disappointed in them.

We were out the ground straightaway as we had to get back to drop 2 off at Faro.

We are in a few hours to Lisbon.

Some on here just want ro criticise the fans with no facts.

We were treated like shit today. 40 degree heat in the ground for 2 to 3 hours before the match, no water, police removed power banks which meant very little battery left. Even after the game the police were dicks. Toilets were not working in the neutral zone either for a couple of our group.

I’m currently on the road to Madrid, having finished the first driving shift of 270km. Some would have left because we lost, but many like me and my pals are fighting time, especially after extra time and pens. Even if we’d won, we’d have had to split.,

We had to catch the Barrhead travel flight , no transfers so had to head unfortunately.
Home now. Shattered.
And gutted.

They made us dream

They made us proud

36 degree heat, no access to clean drinking water (or any liquid for that matter) for 3 hours and you want folk keeling over to clap the players? It's an absolute no from me. We applauded the team at the end but the ceremony wasn't anywhere near set up about 15 mins after full time. We'd had our fill and went in search of clean drinking water.

I stayed when they lost 10IAR and one of our greatest teams were going to be dismantled.

I stayed in Manchester

I stayed tonight.

Many of our fans are absolute frauds.
Pish.
You probably stayed in Seville too last night.
Above posts are very accurate. In fact my coach waited on me till 1.20 and I’m typing this at 7.30 and.still on the coach.

I actually got a 1.5l bottle of water taken off me walking in.
Why was it taken off you!? I didn’t want to sound judgmental having not been there but I’ve been a bit confused why so many didn’t bring plenty water in those conditions.

Hours of being made to stand in the sun inside and out the ground with no water, and lots of day trips that where already past the time they said would collect us in coaches far from the ground to be made. Would have loved to have stayed and soaked it it, but wasn’t the slightest bit practical to do and risk being left behind. Don’t be so quick to Criticise when knowing nothing of what tonight was like for any of us inside
OP probably wasn’t even at the game

Why was it taken off you!? I didn’t want to sound judgmental having not been there but I’ve been a bit confused why so many didn’t bring plenty water in those conditions.

If you are confused to why people didn’t take bottles of water in, you can’t have been to many games here have you? They where chucking peoples headphones in the bin, no chance you get to take bottles in

It’s obviously different but I was in a pub in Glasgow city centre for the game. Had we won I would have been caught up with the celebrations & not even thought about how I was getting home. When we lost I thought I’ll go for the last train instead of hanging about, missing that then struggling to get a taxi. The fans in the stadium would have been the same. Had we won all thoughts of catching their transfers would have went right out of their minds but we lost so yes they would prioritise getting home.

Yeah, it was disappointing. I just spoke with friends who were there though, and they were saying loads of people had no access to water, and they were desperate to get out and eat/drink. Heads should roll for that in Seville.
My mouth was so dry could barely sing. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I've never experienced anything like that ever

Hours of being made to stand in the sun inside and out the ground with no water, and lots of day trips that where already past the time they said would collect us in coaches far from the ground to be made. Would have loved to have stayed and soaked it it, but wasn’t the slightest bit practical to do and risk being left behind. Don’t be so quick to Criticise when knowing nothing of what tonight was like for any of us inside
This.
The Policing was an absolute joke. Stopping fans and herding us in like cattle was way OTT in that heat.
There were no water or liquid refreshments available to buy just before half time in the area where we were.

Steps in that death trap of a stadium should be condemned. The slightest surge upon exiting could have resulted in serious injuries. Thankfully those around us were very careful, letting women and children out first, which set the tone for sensible heads down the passageways.

It is something we said straight away after it was all over.

I honestly thought the fans would see our players pick up their medals (which after all were representative of the full campaign). I am sure not everyone was rushing off for transport.
I stayed but I can't blame anyone for leaving. The kiosks were closed for the full game and there was no water in 36 degree heat. It was a terrible experience.

I’m actually glad I never went over. Seville is nice for wandering around and doing a bit of sightseeing. It is certainly not capable of accommodating a major European final.

If you are confused to why people didn’t take bottles of water in, you can’t have been to many games here have you? They where chucking peoples headphones in the bin, no chance you get to take bottles in
Never been to a game in Spain no so shocked they would take water off people. Absolutely unbelievable.

Never been to a game in Spain no so shocked they would take water off people. Absolutely unbelievable.
I meant here as in Scotland. Bottles get smuggled in here, not taken in. Add In the level of searching going on over there and there’s no reason for you to be confused as to why no one took their own water in

They made us dream

They made us proud

Well said

It broke my heart leaving after a short applause for the team as BUT I had to do so as I had a 0150 flight to catch at Sevilla airport with no gtee of getting back.

I was dissapointed with the number of Rangers fans leaving at the same time, unless they all had similar predicaments as me.

This team are giving us an unbelievable European run, quite frankly that's the greatest in my lifetime.

They made us dream

They made us proud

Laughable post. Cheered the team through out. Clapped them at the end for a good 5 minutes.

Then walked for 50 minutes to get my hire car, drove 3 hours to drop 8 bears off at the airport and hotels. Got 5 hours sleep and now have a 12 hour trip home.

Aye but I'll stay and clap them getting their medals.

They made us dream

They made us proud
I'll be honest, I completely agree with your sentiment but if I were in that stadium I don't think I'd stay either.

It was a 56 minute walk from the stadium to the bus we were on and he was clear he was leaving at 1am and if you weren’t on it he was leaving anyway.

I stayed applauded the team at the end and left, I made the bus by 2 minutes.

A lot of us were in “neutral” areas with Frankfurt fans going mental celebrating around us.

Well done to anyone who stayed in that situation but I left and make no apologies for it.

The stadium, the planning and the fascist police didn’t make it a place I wanted to hang around in.

They made us dream

They made us proud
%^*& up, vast majority hadn’t had so much as a water in 4 hours in 32 degree hit in that shithole. People were desperate to get a drink.

Latest posts

Back