Only Disappointment - Fans at Full Time

I wouldn't criticise anyone leaving right after the final whistle, even if they didn't have to catch a flight or drive for ages back to where they were staying.

No water for ages, terrible heat, devastating result,...

My only disappointment after tonight is that every Rangers fan should have stayed and applauded the team for there efforts when they went to collect there medals and the amazing run they have had.

The bit looked empty as they went up

They made us dream

They made us proud
Easy for you to say when you can pop to your kitchen to hydrate yourself and your journey is a 60 second walk upstairs to bed.

What we seen tonight was people with money.

Listening to germans out singing us, tells me how much football has left behind the rest.
What we saw was the Frankfurt club engaging with their fans and ultras. They were so organised and everything orchestrated. Fantastic show from them.
In F11, it was difficult to hear what was coming from our end.
It seemed Frankfurt took it seriously and we didn’t.
They also had most of their fans in place well before kickoff when we probably had about 75% still in the pubs.

Must be magic being able to get up from
Your couch for a glass of water, beer or juice then come on here and criticise people.

See if you don’t know the circumstances of last night as a whole from 615 on wards in the ground then just stfu

I watched people collapse on concourses, people going to the toilets and ending up just drowning themselves in water, to cool down. All kiosks closed from about 7pm, not one bottle of water to be had.

We then had people myself included who had a 1am pick up, the police weren’t allowing people through to meet with their group to go home and were forcing people the long way round.

I don’t honestly get people who’s first thought is to have a go about people who stayed or left. The team were applauded as soon as the final whistle went and tav etc came over behind the goal.

Genuinely everywhere I’ve ever been with us from shite holes to some of the best stadiums in Europe that was the most disgusting “facilities” I’ve ever encountered. Police, ambulance etc all just saying toilet toilet when as asked about water not giving a %^*&.

Never seen so many people struggle with exhaustion etc, young old the lot. That heat last night I’ve never experienced in my life.

For a showcase final it was a fucking joke

I was a bit pissed off when I saw it nearly empty, but then I turned the tv off as the last penalty went I so I’m just as bad.
Had a wee emotional moment or two then put it on again for about 2 minutes and couldn’t bring myself to watch it.
It’s alright being Uber fan when sitting at home I wouldn’t have liked to have been stood in that heat for that length of time with little water especially after drinking all day.

Why was it taken off you!? I didn’t want to sound judgmental having not been there but I’ve been a bit confused why so many didn’t bring plenty water in those conditions.

Said I could've used it as a missile. My brother got his taken off him too (small bottle, same size that they were actually selling in stadium). There was then no more water available to buy before the game even kicked off.

Quite a lot of judging going on over the various threads it seems mate. Seen our support called everything from a 'disgrace' to 'embarassing' and then looking down their noses because people paid a fortune to be there, whilst conveniently ignoring the fact we were treated like animals. Even getting in was a shambles. We had to 'lap' the stadium twice in 35 degree heat to get in. They said it was for segregation but, we were then allowed to freely mix inside. Police, Uefa, Stewards didn't give a single %^*&.

The major disappointment for me tonight was our fans. Completely outsung from start to finish bar a few minutes. Maybe they were just too pished to realise the significance of the game but I was extremely disappointed in them.
Aye mate everyone was too pished ffs

What we saw was the Frankfurt club engaging with their fans and ultras. They were so organised and everything orchestrated. Fantastic show from them.
They also had most of their fans in place well before kickoff when we probably had about 75% still in the pubs.

let's be honest, our leadership team had to expend all their effort to accommodate fans travelling without tickets. we need a serious conversation about leadership, resourcing and lessons learned for going forward, but we as a support didn't do much to help

A mixture of too many people spending big bucks for a ticket that never go to games and fans that were more interested in getting pished for 3 days and too fvcked for the game.

Was embarrassing watching the players go to clap the fans and hardly anyone there.
Watching on television worst Rangers support I've seen (heard). You nailed it for the reason.

Disagree with your last sentence. It was an utter shambles getting in last night. You were there so you'll know they segregated everyone outside too. I obviously don't know this for a fact but, given our numbers v theirs isn't it possible that their support would've found it far easier to get in abs certainly a lot quicker? I know for my part I was dropped at the stadium at 6pm. Didn't get in until 6.50.

I’m reading that again.

Toilets were rammed with folk drinking from sinks.

And I’ll add, in second hand cups.

We were treated disgustingly today. Tens of thousands of pounds (maybe more) stolen from us. Herded and treated like scum by the police. No water. And a frankly substandard and extremely dangerous stadium.
That's ridiculous probably a lot of fans were expecting to get some kind of refreshment then to wait in that heat to get into.the ground and there's nothing. A European final absolutely shocking .

Said I could've used it as a missile. My brother got his taken off him too (small bottle, same size that they were actually selling in stadium). There was then no more water available to buy before the game even kicked off.

Quite a lot of judging going on over the various threads it seems mate. Seen our support called everything from a 'disgrace' to 'embarassing' and then looking down their noses because people paid a fortune to be there, whilst conveniently ignoring the fact we were treated like animals. Even getting in was a shambles. We had to 'lap' the stadium twice in 35 degree heat to get in. They said it was for segregation but, we were then allowed to freely mix inside. Police, Uefa, Stewards didn't give a single %^*&.

What’s worse is that the kiosks that were never opened… were fully stocked and branded with uefa Europa stuff.

My only disappointment after tonight is that every Rangers fan should have stayed and applauded the team for there efforts when they went to collect there medals and the amazing run they have had.

They made us dream

They made us proud
Our bus was leaving at 1am then pushed to 2am very last minute and was a lady's front bottom of a walk back to the bus so no chance I could wait longer

That's ridiculous probably a lot of fans were expecting to get some kind of refreshment then to wait in that heat to get into.the ground and there's nothing. A European final absolutely shocking .
We waited near one and were told it was opening. Waited and waited and waited, a couple of Rangers fans who are obviously well versed in bar work opened for everyone waiting and we just took the water and juice.

I can’t stress enough how dangerous our end was and not for the reasons people would expect

He's not wrong though, it was rotten.
It was shite but there are huge factors at play and it was an absolute disgrace.

Why people want to keep having a go at people for leaving after a match is done after the team had been applauded is beyond me

Who needs enemies. Do you know thousands were held back by police, with no explanation, from 7:40pm(maybe earlier) until 8:25pm at both entrance points? Then you had the 3 processes to get in ground. This was after a good 40 min walk from the centre & the stadium was bone dry of beer or water so the getting pissed comments so wide of the mark its unreal. You could literally see fans wiltering away on the screens.
The whole set up was a disgrace & Spain shouldn’t get another final for a long time after that bullshit. Have been better accommodated at a junior match.
Some of the comments on here are a joke.

Last edited:
Must be magic being able to get up from
Your couch for a glass of water, beer or juice then come on here and criticise people.

See if you don’t know the circumstances of last night as a whole from 615 on wards in the ground then just stfu

I watched people collapse on concourses, people going to the toilets and ending up just drowning themselves in water, to cool down. All kiosks closed from about 7pm, not one bottle of water to be had.

We then had people myself included who had a 1am pick up, the police weren’t allowing people through to meet with their group to go home and were forcing people the long way round.

I don’t honestly get people who’s first thought is to have a go about people who stayed or left. The team were applauded as soon as the final whistle went and tav etc came over behind the goal.

Genuinely everywhere I’ve ever been with us from shite holes to some of the best stadiums in Europe that was the most disgusting “facilities” I’ve ever encountered. Police, ambulance etc all just saying toilet toilet when as asked about water not giving a %^*&.

Never seen so many people struggle with exhaustion etc, young old the lot. That heat last night I’ve never experienced in my life.

For a showcase final it was a fucking joke

Well said! Fact the OP is trolling fans who were actually there is mind-boggling, but its what some will do on here for staunch points.

Can we not just have one thread, having a go at the fans. Must have been at least a dozen since last night.

I think out of the 1000s I walked past in the concourse in our area, maybe only a handful were steaming.

Yeah seeing a lot of people saying our support were too pished. Not my experience of it tbh. Obviously there WAS a few who had overdone it but, in my area it was all good spirited stuff rather than people falling about steaming as some are hinting at.

Well said! Fact the OP is trolling fans who were actually there is mind-boggling, but its what some will do on here for staunch points.

Can we not just have one thread, having a go at the fans. Must have been at least a dozen since last night.
All from folk who dont go abroad or probably even away but would have been there in a heartbeat if the club gave them a ticket.

Yeah we werent bouncing all match but bears were trying.

Amazing how many armchair ultra capo's we have in our midst.

I will admit I never stayed to see rangers players get their medals (something I’ve never done previously and will certainly be there on Saturday after the result no matter what

I just didnt want to risk not finding the bus back to Malaga airport for the day trip,

They made us dream

They made us proud
Aye right. Our top tear section had no water from 10 minutes into the game and people were collapsing from Dehydration.

What little water we could get was shared between fans including the Germans. That includes drinking the tap water which was either switched off or run out.

It was a 30 minute walk for us to get anything after the game. I was desperate to get out of there. And I was one that didn’t drink yesterday.

The fans as a whole were pretty poor, they were out sung form the first minute until the end.
I'd have given my left bollock to be in that Stadium, yet our fans just sat there quiet as mouse's when being outsung by the Germans, who also had no water and were in the sun.

The players needed a lift, their fans gave them it constantly, ours didn't.

Last edited:
Hours of being made to stand in the sun inside and out the ground with no water, and lots of day trips that where already past the time they said would collect us in coaches far from the ground to be made. Would have loved to have stayed and soaked it it, but wasn’t the slightest bit practical to do and risk being left behind. Don’t be so quick to Criticise when knowing nothing of what tonight was like for any of us inside
Yet the Germans were loud as %^*& and were in the same situation.

Can’t even fathom what an utter pish statement that is, total nonsense
So it was all dyed in the wool, regular, bears in attendance was it? Because I personally know that seven of eight work colleagues that were there don’t attend regularly.
On a pro-rata basis, I reckon we can safely say “a large portion” is a fairly accurate statement.

I didn’t say “all” I didn’t even say “the majority”.

They made us dream

They made us proud
We stayed until the trophy was presented and then had a 3 hour walk to our hotel as there were no cabs. All pubs were closed and it was impossible to get any drinks. I applauded the team bus at it passed us on the riverside and the driver acknowledged me B-) .

WATP.

So it was all dyed in the wool, regular, bears in attendance was it? Because I personally know that seven of eight work colleagues that were there don’t attend regularly.
On a pro-rata basis, I reckon we can safely say “a large portion” is a fairly accurate statement.

I didn’t say “all” I didn’t even say “the majority”.

The vast majority were yes.

"a large porting of fans leaving early" are actually... you know, at the game to leave it early TBH, the at the game bit is pretty important.

It's easy to turn on the TV and watch a game of football, going to a game generally involves a f*ck load more investment

Why was it taken off you!? I didn’t want to sound judgmental having not been there but I’ve been a bit confused why so many didn’t bring plenty water in those conditions.
Bottles of water were either taken off us or they insisted that the top be removed so difficult to carry without spilling in the crush to get in.
Also, we shouldnt have had to be prepared by bringing in water. It is not unreasonable to expect to be able to buy water in the stadium
Do you being drinks to Ibrox or buy in the stadium. You are not allowed to take bottles into most stadiums these days

I've always stayed and applauded my team after the game. I did so again today. I think this is something we should always do. I hate seeing Ibrox almost empty with 10 mins to go in most games.

Clearly just a trait of our support.

Also, I do understand people rushing out for food or water, or to catch transport. I've paid the price of getting back starving and thirsty because of nothing in the stadium. Also I had very few options left to me for transport that I'm staying in Seville 'til Sunday. So I understand the reasons of people getting transport also.

And I want to stop hearing this rubbish that if your paying "big bucks" for a ticket then you aren't a "proper" supporter. It just sounds like a bitter statement. One of the great things about our club is our massive worldwide support. So it should be no surprise that demand drives ticket resale prices up. That doesn't mean that those going aren't giving their all to support the team.
Also, our support is into the millions of individuals. Unfortunately Ibrox doesn't hold that much, so it's not possible for all fans to go to every game. Also, why are people having a go at fans that live in different parts of the world. I met people paying thousands just to go to the fan zone. So many just love the club and want to show support however they can. But that seems to be a bad thing to some of our support. I find that strange.
We a whinging at ones who don't create an atmosphere

Hours of being made to stand in the sun inside and out the ground with no water, and lots of day trips that where already past the time they said would collect us in coaches far from the ground to be made. Would have loved to have stayed and soaked it it, but wasn’t the slightest bit practical to do and risk being left behind. Don’t be so quick to Criticise when knowing nothing of what tonight was like for any of us inside
Bang on. It’s easy to sit on your sofa and moan about this and that but unless you were there and had to experience the whole thing you don’t know how that felt.

We had seats just behind the goal but people had clearly moved into our area from elsewhere and there were about 2 people to each seat. We got into the ground 2 hours before kick off and had to queue for an hour to get water but they had sold out.

Wasn’t particularly pleasant.

Why were the Germans louder though? Were they being treated differently in terms of facilities and police enforced waiting?

Completely agree that folk were dehydrated and/or had planes to catch, what bothered me was the lack of vocal support, hardly heard a peep until the half hour mark.

Maybe it sounded that way on the telly but it was noisy inside the ground. I waited to see them collect their medals but left before the cup presentation. Now I haven’t had a sleep for 28 hours so going to my bed.

Yeah, it was disappointing. I just spoke with friends who were there though, and they were saying loads of people had no access to water, and they were desperate to get out and eat/drink. Heads should roll for that in Seville.
It was disgraceful from UEFA, also no directions around the stadium etc when entering or leaving the staduim back to the city.
We ended up paying €20 for a moped taxi ride back to our hotel, a great way to a brilliant day

Back