Only Disappointment - Fans at Full Time

All this chat about fair weather fans and “tourist types” is pathetic.

Near enough everyone from my RSC was there. Me and all of my mates who have STs and follow us home and away were there. That would have been fairly well replicated around our support that was in the stadium.

We were cattled into the stadium for near enough 2 hours. We were offered dribbles of lukewarm toilet water to ease horrendous dehydration. Huge numbers of our support had extremely tight schedules to get to airports and get coaches back to other resorts. That wasn’t helped by the fact the police seemed hellbent on fûcking up transport around the city. We thought we were going to be spending the night on the street at one point but eventually got up the road.

In this instance I think we can cut our support some slack.

“Were you at the game, caller?”

After being in a 35 degree stadium for more than three hours after walking two miles in the same heat to get to the stadium, I’m willing to give people a pass for wanting to get out of there as quickly as possible. Especially when there was no transport back to the city and the Frankfurt fans seemed to want a scrap.
This in spades.

See if people weren’t there, they wanty %^*& up about it tbh. One of the most horrible stadiums I’ve been in. The lack of water/juice etc was an absolute disgrace.

“Were you at the game, caller?”

After being in a 35 degree stadium for more than three hours after walking two miles in the same heat to get to the stadium, I’m willing to give people a pass for wanting to get out of there as quickly as possible. Especially when there was no transport back to the city and the Frankfurt fans seemed to want a scrap.
What’s this about the Frankfurt fans?

Primarily, I had a bus to catch. I was also physically exhausted baking in the heat inside the stadium after being in it from 6:45pm, no water, nothing. You just love when folk come on here for a dig having zero concept of the circumstances, pathetic.

The only fans that are pathetic are the morons on this board who instead of being gutted like the rest of us about last nights first thought is to come on and have a go at fans who actually went to the game. Pretty sure people wouldnt have minded missing busses/flights back home if we won, but why the %^*& would they want to miss that and pay more money than they already have. I hope all the people moaning are going to the airport to welcome the team home, probably cba and will moan about that as well

All this chat about fair weather fans and “tourist types” is pathetic.

Near enough everyone from my RSC was there. Me and all of my mates who have STs and follow us home and away were there. That would have been fairly well replicated around our support that was in the stadium.

We were cattled into the stadium for near enough 2 hours. We were offered dribbles of lukewarm toilet water to ease horrendous dehydration. Huge numbers of our support had extremely tight schedules to get to airports and get coaches back to other resorts. That wasn’t helped by the fact the police seemed hellbent on fûcking up transport around the city. We thought we were going to be spending the night on the street at one point but eventually got up the road.

In this instance I think we can cut our support some slack.

At a rough count about 30-40 from our RSC were at the match aswell

UEFA and stadium organisers running out of water was a disgrace given the extreme heat yesterday in Seville

Loads of people collapsed in concourse due to heat exhaustion and dehydration and turning off water with no alternative is a major concern

As others have stated the travel companies left many people with zero transport back to airports and it was a shambles getting out of the city

People left due to various factors but not staying and applauding the players isn’t a sign of disrespect. It was outwith our control as majority had to get out of the city and back to regional airports or face getting stranded

People were leaving to get water, it was a disgrace. After getting out every shop around the stadium was closed, a random selling beer and water at 3 euro a pop sold out within seconds.

Even during the game while Balogun doing warm ups gave fans water sitting near the front.

Yeah, it was disappointing. I just spoke with friends who were there though, and they were saying loads of people had no access to water, and they were desperate to get out and eat/drink. Heads should roll for that in Seville.
Yes shutting water kiosks being closed during the game should result in a fine for someone it could have caused fatalities and it certainly subdued our supporters

i hate this about some on here

Unless you live it you’ve no space to speak about people inside a stadium
Spot on, was there and it was a nightmare inside the ground with no food or water and that was even before kick off as well as temp touching 37degrees.

To add further the fan zone Rangers fans were at was 35-45 min walk away, no taxi or transport to get there. By the time you walked in the heat you were f*cked.

I’m fit but by full time my legs and body were tired. I got a lot songs started in my area, got the bouncy going but with all zones singing different songs it also killed it. But by 90 mins I was done, I felt dehydrated and was going to pass out. I like many others were drinking from taps in the bogs, thanks to all the bears keeping the taps running for others to drink and sharing cups and bottles when they could. The water got me going again in extra time, just to pull through but did feel done in.

At half time people were laying on the concourse with heat stroke. 2 fans collapsed around us, that killed the atmosphere for a while.

A lot of factors at play. Yes we Scots drink a lot and probably spent too much time in the heat and never hydrated enough with water rather than beer. But the facilities should have been better for a major final.

A random Spaniard set up one bucket with water and beer outside the stadium, luckily we got there as it sold out within seconds, 3 euro a bottle.

Took another 1.5 hour walk back to the city to find somewhere open to get a drink from a pizza shop and waited 30 mins in the queue.

Fans knew what was coming mate and were nervous, nothing wrong with that poor display from word go intensified that . Did you go to Seville ?
I didn't go to Seville - your question reminds me of Jimmy Sanderson's, " Were you at the game, caller? " :)) - but if I was there I would have supported the team unconditionally.

This was not a domestic challenge where fans can quite rightly at times be critical, this was a unique achievement to be even there against yet another opponent with hugely greater resources. A good support will literally support the team win, lose or draw, especially when you are underdogs.

I'm not making sweeping judgements against fans in general but those in the stadium last night failed as supporters.
(In my opinion.)

What a terrible statement, was a horrific experience in that heat and nothing to drink apart from water out the toilet sinks! And as every one has said the transport was horrific as were the police.

I didn't go to Seville - your question reminds me of Jimmy Sanderson's, " Were you at the game, caller? " :)) - but if I was there I would have supported the team unconditionally.

This was not a domestic challenge where fans can quite rightly at times be critical, this was a unique achievement to be even there against yet another opponent with hugely greater resources. A good support will literally support the team win, lose or draw, especially when you are underdogs.

I'm not making sweeping judgements against fans in general but those in the stadium last night failed as supporters.
(In my opinion.)
What does that even mean. I have been to 6 Euro aways this season and backed the team to the hilt. Unless you were there, you cannot criticise those that were and made the decision not to remain for a multitude of reasons. We certainly didn't 'fail as a support' (in my opinion.)

Can see where you're coming from but I was with 2 kids who hadn't had anything to drink since before the game, the section we were in we were surrounded by a mixure of people who clearly don't regularly attend games acting stupid and Frankfurt fans. The car was also parked a half an hour walk from the stadium and we had a 6 hour drive to Porto, had it ended in regulation time we possibly would have stayed but all of the above made it extremely difficult, especially the water situation which was an embarrassment and a disgrace.

Ao
My only disappointment after tonight is that every Rangers fan should have stayed and applauded the team for there efforts when they went to collect there medals and the amazing run they have had.

The bit looked empty as they went up

They made us dream

They made us proud

I agree they made us proud. But when you’ve been kettled 3 times, made to wait in ridiculous queues for checks and searches that went against UEFA policy and then stood out in the heat for several hours with nothing to eat or drink (we could take nothing in) then people left to go and get water and stop ourselves from falling over then I make no apologies whatsoever for leaving sharp.

(In my opinion.)
You are an absolute throbber

(In my opinion.)
You didn’t go, so you didn’t support the team unconditionally.

All fine to say would could and should but thousands of Rangers fans actually did it. Whether that was through the official channels or forking out for the resale platforms.

Whether you think they failed or not is irrelevant because of the fact you weren’t there.

30 plus degree heat.
No public transport to and from the stadium.
Folk in there from 6/7pm onwards.
No sale of water.
Told to fill up dirty bottles with dirty tap water.

You can't blame folk for wanting out the place ASAP.

In my opinion it's lucky nobody died, and that's not an exaggeration.

What’s this about the Frankfurt fans?
They jumped a boy in my section when he was trying to buy water from the one concession stand opened at half time. He was a bit shaken but fine. Then as we were leaving there were a few Frankfurt fans trying to push their way into the stadium and getting beaten back by police batons. I was sitting in the “neutral” section beside the Frankfurt fans but there was no segregation between them and the neutrals so we were all using the same spaces in the concourses. Police were monitoring the toilets pretty heavily thankfully.

30 plus degree heat.
No public transport to and from the stadium.
Folk in there from 6/7pm onwards.
No sale of water.
Told to fill up dirty bottles with dirty tap water.

You can't blame folk for wanting out the place ASAP.

In my opinion it's lucky nobody died, and that's not an exaggeration.
It could have happened mate it was fucking horrendous

The same thing happened at the Estadio La Cartuja. Not too bad an atmosphere. I estimated about 20 to 30,000. After the final whistle the place was emptying. Mainly because they would be either dying for more bevvy, some much needed grub, a pish or even a connection. There will be many who wouldn't stay though because they really do not appreciate what that team achieved and would not have been to most of the previous 18 ties was it? There were small pockets who stayed.

I stayed though along with my daughter just like I did with my son in Manchester to applaud their valiant efforts. It will be a memory that will live with me forever and no regrets. We just did not really deserve it in my opinion as the best team and fans won on the night.

No surrender.

My only disappointment after tonight is that every Rangers fan should have stayed and applauded the team for there efforts when they went to collect there medals and the amazing run they have had.

They made us dream

They made us proud
If you ask me not enough of our real fans in the stadium last night, clear to hear the atmosphere from us was terrible all I heard was ze Germans singing, so not surprised they left.

I’ve never left a game early in my life but it seems like there were many reasons to do so last night. Tbf I don’t think it’s the worst thing in the world as it might just gee the players on to win the Scottish Cup if they realise that losing last night isn’t seen as any kind of victory. It’s a loss, plain and simple. Don’t even fucking think about repeating it against Hearts.

A mixture of too many people spending big bucks for a ticket that never go to games and fans that were more interested in getting pished for 3 days and too fvcked for the game.

Was embarrassing watching the players go to clap the fans and hardly anyone there.
I think you are right most that had tickets probably hardly set foot in Ibrox at a normal league game,but that's the way it goes

(In my opinion.)
Genuinely %^*& you.
What a fucking stinking statement that is

I’ve never left a game early in my life but it seems like there were many reasons to do so last night. Tbf I don’t think it’s the worst thing in the world as it might just gee the players on to win the Scottish Cup if they realise that losing last night isn’t seen as any kind of victory. It’s a loss, plain and simple. Don’t even fucking think about repeating it against Hearts.
No one left early. As far as I could see everyone also stayed a good 5 mins after the pens finished and applauded the players.

I didn’t even think about them getting a medal. It didn’t register

Shite conditions, thirsty as %^*&, roasting, thanked the players and had just got beat. No reason to hang about

I think you are right most that had tickets probably hardly set foot in Ibrox at a normal league game,but that's the way it goes
I’m sure a big portion went to fans that go all over but I have seen so many people this past week talking about getting tickets and I wouldn’t even have known they were into football never mind support Rangers.

Then you have the club issuing out tickets to staff, ex players, sponsors etc.

How many ex players did we see pictured? Did they buy tickets from touts or were they issued by the club?

If you ask me not enough of our real fans in the stadium last night, clear to hear the atmosphere from us was terrible all I heard was ze Germans singing, so not surprised they left.
Thats a uefa problem, the tickets that rangers were given were done top down so most of those in the rangers section go week in week out, if youve got a problem with the number of tickets that were given to neutrals and resold on then direct your anger towards uefa for their ticket distrubution, no one should be coming on here having a go at our own fans

Mass exodus didn’t look great, but people had their reasons. Waited until our players got their medals and then headed up the stairs.

I hated having to leave but I had to:

Not able to eat before the game as most restaurants had shut 4pm-5pm.

Police directed us away from Main Street where we could get a drink (beer or water).

Went into the stadium at 19:30, it was still 29°C at that time and there was no water available and I queued until 20:45, ended up buying a Coke and Fanta from a kind fan.

No water at HT, no water at ET. They directed us to drinking wells in the toilets at 23:15, but they had turned off all water in the toilets.

I had to leave to out to find a taxi to get to Jerez airport, 90km for a 4am flight as our travel agent was a nightmare.

Many fans had little or no charge on phones whilst trying to make onward travel plans. The Spanish police allow Frankfurt pyros yet a helluva lot of our fans had phone battery pack, chargers and other vital UEFA approved equipment binned on the way into the Pizjuan.

So I wanted to stay and clap our team but that’s the reasons why I, my group and thousands of other could not. Worst stadium for a final in both its set up and the actual state it was in. Spanish do not care for health and well-being and now off to escalate this to Rangers and UEFA.

This is why I left sharp after pens. Was absolutely choking for a drink and felt unsteady on my feet. Wasn't good at all.
Same for me I had my nine year old son desperate for a drink. Already had to give him water from bathroom out a cup I dunno how many people used before him

They made us dream

They made us proud
Dying for a drink, i clapped my team for 10 mins and left as I was dehydrated. I was dehydrated BEFORE kick off, mental having someone who probably wasn’t even there tell me what I SHOULD have done.

It looked sad.

The lads went up to collect their medals and our side of the stadium had already been abandoned.

The players deserve so much more than they got from the support last night.

The Ibrox crowd has been the difference this year, and yes the stadium sounded like a nightmare, but last night was now or never and we were simply outsung despite being the majority.

We may never live to get the same chance again.
Away you go.

I left the game after applauding the players.

Walked an hour from the stadium to the bus.

Our bus left Seville at 2 got back to Malaga at 5 straight to the airport for the 6am flight to Geneva we just made it. Currently on board a flight from Luton to Edinburgh.

I’ll get back to my house in Glasgow about 6 after being on the go with my 11 year old son for nearly 36 hours.

I don’t know if the people putting the boot into the fans after last night appreciate what it takes sometimes to support the team.

They made us dream

They made us proud
Yet more criticism from someone ignorant of the conditions before the game and in the stadium.

Back