Only disappointment today

westenclosurebear

Alfie not scoring for me but tbh I feel he does work we don't realise. Yes the guys a liability but other than rag dolling there defence he also attracts attention and focus from their players which may effect their team.
No rag dolling today, his play from 30.mins to 45 mins was ridiculous and he was a liability. Him and Barker today are the only negatives.

Legend76

I think us not getting out of 2nd gear is more of a mindfuck for them than had they been destroyed. It makes it all more real for them.

Imagine our rivals were out the league for a number of years, crippled financially while we had it all to ourselves. The opportunity and free run of finances to future proof ourselves and make those same rivals merely a whisper for years and years to come. Imagine if we failed to do that?

EKblue

Totally controlled European type performance no need to go for their throats They will tear each other’s out over the next few days

IbroxForever

For me there was no disappointment from today. If as op says we went for them they could have hit us on the break. We controlled them from start to finish.

Talktalk

Is we didn’t go for their throats.
They were there for the taking big time.
A crushing heavy defeat would have potentially kept them on the floor for a long time.
A big defeat would also have burst the stupid Myth around them that makes everyone else quake in fear.

only a minor gripe though and I would take 2-0 at the piggery while only cruising in 2nd gear every time.
I’m 49 and I reckon that was one of the easiest games I’ve seen against them.
Even when they were at their worst when we won 9 they always managed to give us a game at home.

silver lining though, 2-0 with lots of excuses will keep the ginger bigot around a bit longer.
A crushing defeat could have seen the back of him.
We have a hard and important game on Thursday and the players having the last 20 mins in 1st gear will do no harm,

Lenny Dee

A crushing heavy defeat would have potentially kept them on the floor for a long time.
A big defeat would also have burst the stupid Myth around them that makes everyone else quake in fear.

only a minor gripe though and I would take 2-0 at the piggery while only cruising in 2nd gear every time.
Even when they were at their worst when we won 9 they always managed to give us a game at home.

silver lining though, 2-0 with lots of excuses will keep the ginger bigot around a bit longer.
Relax, we did destroy them and they know it. We're back where we belong.

frazz

This. McCann explained exactly why we didn’t “go for their throats”.

We excuted our game plan very very well and in controlled manner. What’s the point in getting all carried away, piling forward looking for a 4 or 5 - 0 only for them to grab one on the break and we immediately go from cruising to an easy victory to clinging on for dear life for the last 15 mins.
this all day it was about getting the points and moving on

ive said it all season there is a difference in us we are very efficient and methodical at times the performance maybe arnt in full gear yet but we are very well drilled organised a but when we do attack we can do it in 3-4 passes and punish teams.

Disraeli

Our game management was absolutely superb today.

We were in complete control throughout. Would have been crazy to go chasing a third when we were so comfortable and there was no need

GarMckin

I kind of agree, I feel we still lack a bit of ruthlessness. Like when they took it into the corner with 3 minutes to play. I get they just want to get the points and clean sheet, but we just took the foot off the throat at the second goal, when we could have went and decapitated them, causing a huge psychological blow. There’s obviously more to think about though, we’ve another big game on Thursday, the players are just back after two weeks, and there’s probably a psychological effect of us barely getting out of second gear and strolling it. Kind of like the staff’s subdued celebrations, it sets the tone that this is just their new normal:

Phantom Jack

Careful. We want Lennon to keep hid job.

Michael Mols

It was an intelligent and disciplined performance. We weren’t set up to go at them.

would have been nice to get a 3rd to top it off right enough.

change consent