Only disappointment today

Totally controlled European type performance no need to go for their throats They will tear each other’s out over the next few days

For me there was no disappointment from today. If as op says we went for them they could have hit us on the break. We controlled them from start to finish.

They are shit scared of us,if we can see the other teams off 55 is in the bag this season

Is we didn’t go for their throats.
They were there for the taking big time.
A crushing heavy defeat would have potentially kept them on the floor for a long time.
A big defeat would also have burst the stupid Myth around them that makes everyone else quake in fear.

only a minor gripe though and I would take 2-0 at the piggery while only cruising in 2nd gear every time.
I’m 49 and I reckon that was one of the easiest games I’ve seen against them.
Even when they were at their worst when we won 9 they always managed to give us a game at home.

silver lining though, 2-0 with lots of excuses will keep the ginger bigot around a bit longer.
A crushing defeat could have seen the back of him.
We have a hard and important game on Thursday and the players having the last 20 mins in 1st gear will do no harm,

Neil McCann got it spot on during sportscene we didn't need to go for it and open up sat in soaked everything up won at a canter

Barker and probably Morelos were my only issues from today, but it’s a 2-0 at Parkhead in first gear.

A crushing heavy defeat would have potentially kept them on the floor for a long time.
A big defeat would also have burst the stupid Myth around them that makes everyone else quake in fear.

only a minor gripe though and I would take 2-0 at the piggery while only cruising in 2nd gear every time.
Even when they were at their worst when we won 9 they always managed to give us a game at home.

silver lining though, 2-0 with lots of excuses will keep the ginger bigot around a bit longer.
Relax, we did destroy them and they know it. We're back where we belong.

This. McCann explained exactly why we didn’t “go for their throats”.

We excuted our game plan very very well and in controlled manner. What’s the point in getting all carried away, piling forward looking for a 4 or 5 - 0 only for them to grab one on the break and we immediately go from cruising to an easy victory to clinging on for dear life for the last 15 mins.
this all day it was about getting the points and moving on

ive said it all season there is a difference in us we are very efficient and methodical at times the performance maybe arnt in full gear yet but we are very well drilled organised a but when we do attack we can do it in 3-4 passes and punish teams.

Our game management was absolutely superb today.

We were in complete control throughout. Would have been crazy to go chasing a third when we were so comfortable and there was no need

Our game management was absolutely superb today.

We were in complete control throughout. Would have been crazy to go chasing a third when we were so comfortable and there was no need

It reminded me of an Italian team or maybe a Sir Walter team. We got the job done with no fuss

I kind of agree, I feel we still lack a bit of ruthlessness. Like when they took it into the corner with 3 minutes to play. I get they just want to get the points and clean sheet, but we just took the foot off the throat at the second goal, when we could have went and decapitated them, causing a huge psychological blow. There’s obviously more to think about though, we’ve another big game on Thursday, the players are just back after two weeks, and there’s probably a psychological effect of us barely getting out of second gear and strolling it. Kind of like the staff’s subdued celebrations, it sets the tone that this is just their new normal:

Careful. We want Lennon to keep hid job.

It was an intelligent and disciplined performance. We weren’t set up to go at them.

would have been nice to get a 3rd to top it off right enough.

Spend all their efforts on stopping alfie from scoring then it’s inevitable that someone else will. His goals will come though

I kind of agree, I feel we still lack a bit of ruthlessness. Like when they took it into the corner with 3 minutes to play. I get they just want to get the points and clean sheet, but we just took the foot off the throat at the second goal, when we could have went and decapitated them, causing a huge psychological blow. There’s obviously more to think about though, we’ve another big game on Thursday, the players are just back after two weeks, and there’s probably a psychological effect of us barely getting out of second gear and strolling it. Kind of like the staff’s subdued celebrations, it sets the tone that this is just their new normal:

On the other hand, we go for it, they sneak a goal and it's 2-1 and we're holding on.

The psychological blow will be we never got out of 2nd gear, we let them have more of the ball and they played where we wanted.

It reminded me of an Italian team or maybe a Sir Walter team. We got the job done with no fuss
Actually thought that too.

Wonder of Walter and Gerrard have been talking. They seem to get on well.

Must be nice to know you can pick up the phone to winners like Walter, Souness and Klopp.

For me, although the tacticians on here will correct me, I think Barker was a bit pedestrian, made weird runs and didnt close with any real conviction.
its not a Bash Barker post, I like an underdog and championed him when we were linked with him initially, and showed some decent glimpses pre injury.
Just picking corn out of shit with my post really lol but he was the weakest of our 11 today for me.

My only disappointment was that Goldson couldn’t get a hat-trick - that would have really destroyed them.

We have a lot of games coming up with Europe. The team done what they had to tl get the points nothing more. Very professional display

The toughest away game in our fixture card. Zero shots on target against us, a clean sheet, two goals, chances created, a well oiled, organised, commanding, disciplined performance that saw us stick to our game plan from the very first to last kick of the ball.

2-0 doesn't tell the whole story but any one that watched the match knows it was men vs. boys. Celtic weren't bad, we just never allowed them to settle or play. They couldn't work us out, break us down or match our intelligence, work rate, movement, anticipation, desire, intensity or game plan. We could have lifted it had we needed to.

I never bothered celebrating by hitting the bevvy. I watched a re-run of the match followed by extended highlights and without the nerves, passion, heart pumping or kicking any thing that moved. I sat back and enjoyed the game. What a difference.

The time and space we created was ridiculous. The passing at times made them look like amateurs - one touch, two touch, pass and move, short, direct, tempo and with authority. The defence was a wall - do not enter, bar when Ajer stepped up the park and Griffiths rounded McGregor. Even then he had no sight at goal and our defence reacted first.

Early doors and Barišić would have been disappointed with his decision making - plays it across goal instead of that rash effort and we've two players waiting for a shot at goal within 10 yards. The build up to the Morelos effort minutes later was football of the highest order. Kent takes the ball on the volley and Ajer gets lucky. We played one touch triangles in their box and got efforts in to dangerous positions on a few other occassions that they saw our for Rangers corners. Ajer makes a cracking last ditch tackle on Kent when he looks like being through on goal, albeit it from a slightly wider angle.

It was a real team performance from manager down to his players and I sat yesterday proud as punch like a man that had just won the lottery.

Don’t forget Scott Brown I want him there when they turn on him when they realise their whole 10 in a row quest was a fraud from the start,5 titles with no Rangers and the rest with Rangers understrength and rebuilding from scratch.

I mean surely tae'fark after a day like today we can have one night on the FF without some whiney wee bitch thread? No?

Not even tonight?

Mental, OP should think about another sport.
I said I was happy with a 2 nil win at the Piggery but wished we had destroyed them.
What’s wrong with that?
Not Whiney at all

You obviously don’t do irony either.
A whiney post to moan about whining

The only thing that disappointed me about yesterday was the empty stadium.

Not seeing 60,000 greetin faced arseholes streaming out with 30 minutes to go was the only low :))

I love it that we have some dissapointment in only beating them 2-0 at their place. Things are getting back to normal.

Yes and no. They were there to be thrashed.

On the other hand we played within ourselves and won comfortably. Energy preserved for the next round of Thursday/Sunday matches.

We looked like a european team disposing of the opposition with ease while keeping a lot in reserve for the more important next game. Utterly professional.

I get what you are saying OP but that is the second game at their midden we have won with most people pointing out ‘they had more in the tank’.

That’s damning on Lennon.

Back