Only Rangers matters?

RangerInCanada

I just realized.... I used to enjoy watching a lot of football (English, European, Scottish).
These days - only Rangers matters!!

NOTHING can match the buzz of adrenaline when we are playing.

This team is just so inspiring - especially in Europe.
I am living in Canada and came back last year just one time for the Porto home game. Amazing night!

Watching other football (take tonight's champions (??) league dross as an example) does nothing for me. It's awful.
Watching every Rangers game is an unmatched experience.
A team to be proud of!!!

Do you guys know what I mean - have the same feeling?

[Long time reader (my first post) so go easy...]

Unless you’re emotionally invested in the game, watching other football can be absolutely boring yeah.

I watch the English Premiership games and Champions League as a neutral and to be honest, it might be more accurate to say they’re on screen in the same room I’m in because I’m not really tuned in unless the commentary indicates something interesting is happening.

Welcome to not lurking by the way, I was the same for a long time and then once I gave in and started posting I kept at it :))

I’m 35 used to love the EPL and champions league especially . But there’s not as much competition ruined by money . Will sometimes watch the latest stages and still watch the international tournaments but qualifying etc is shite .

I blame the fact you can see a live game(s) every day so novelty has gone. Also the way the TV (sky) hype up games which almost always turn out to be rubbish whilst paying £100M a year ruins my enjoyment of football.

I just realized.... I used to enjoy watching a lot of football (English, European, Scottish).

I am living in Canada and came back last year just one time for the Porto home game. Amazing night!

Watching other football (take tonight's champions (??) league dross as an example) does nothing for me. It's awful.
A team to be proud of!!!

Oh ffs... Ok I'll be the first... Sniff Sniff:))

A team to be proud of!!!

Welcome to FF, mate, and a cracking first post.

I take a general interest in Scottish football and usually scan the results on the 4 leagues once every weekend. I also usually watch Sportscene each week.

However, the only time I watch full games is when we're playing and then I am glued to the telly or laptop for the whole 90 minutes if I can't get to Ibrox.

So when asked if I'm a football fan my reply is, "Not really. I am, though, a Rangers fan".

A team to be proud of!!!

Firstly, welcome to the forum and secondly your recent experiences are similar to mine. I have lost all enthusiasm for watching football other than our matches. I have always been a poor neutral but nowadays I just cant get interested in any non Rangers football (with the exception of the mentally challengeds losing).

I love watching us play but id hardly say I get a buzz of adrenaline when watching games like Livingston at home on Saturday. Agree though most other Football in general has became a bit stale , I quite like watching the goals show on champions league nights instead of an actual game, just shows you the best bits of all the games as they happen.

I love watching football. In fact. I watch too much football.

However, I genuinely enjoy other games. Rangers games leaves me tense as fûck. Haha.

I can only “enjoy” our games after we’ve won. :))

I'm not as staunch as some but if football is on tv I'll watch it.
Rangers will always be my first watch but Scottish football is levels below other leagues and I'm surprised at folk saying they don't watch other games from other countries

I'm not as staunch as some but if football is on tv I'll watch it.
Rangers will always be my first watch but Scottish football is levels below other leagues and I'm surprised at folk saying they don't watch other games from other countries
I’m actually looking forward to the Hearts & Hibs game on Saturday

Only watch Rangers and
I have seen every game this season despite being down South

I pay £10 for non Sky games
Buy clothing from online site - my way of helping club - had ST for SG first season . but heading towards 70 was too much physically .

Love my club and obsessed as was at 10 yo !

Im working Saturday but would probably have watched that. Just seems odd to me that we (Rangers fans) mostly claim to have no interest in other games.
Yeah I find it a bit odd myself, obviously Rangers are only team that affects me but I enjoy watching English football etc. As we all know it’s a much higher standard & not caring who wins is a lot less stressful.

Live in Houston Texas and watch every Rangers game I can which is a lot easier today than it used to be! So it’s only Rangers matters for me. Occasionally watch epl but most games are not worth watching and I rarely get through a whole game. My only other real interest was watching Scotland back in the day, I’m talking 60’s and 70’s when Rangers players for the most part still formed the backbone of the team. Nowadays My only concern is that any Rangers return injury free. Welcome to Follow Follow.

Yeah I find it a bit odd myself, obviously Rangers are only team that affects me but I enjoy watching English football etc. As we all know it’s a much higher standard & not caring who wins is a

Yeah I find it a bit odd myself, obviously Rangers are only team that affects me but I enjoy watching English football etc. As we all know it’s a much higher standard & not caring who wins is a lot less stressful.
I've done the whole travelling around Europe watching Rangers. If I'm being honest it was very little to do with the standard of football and more about watching something that was from my neighbourhood.
If your really a football fan then you would watch games from pretty much anywhere

I've done the whole travelling around Europe watching Rangers. If I'm being honest it was very little to do with the standard of football and more about watching something that was from my neighbourhood.
If your really a football fan then you would watch games from pretty much anywhere
Less said about Europe the better. Gutted we can’t get away this year

I am only interested in watching Rangers and might watch Match of the Day on occasion.
We are saturated with football these days, there seems to be a so called big game on every other day.

When I was younger me and my mates would make plans all week for big Super Sundays when there was a Man Utd v Chelsea on or something, same with the Mourinho v Guardiola classicos.

Maybe it was just being young and it went hand in hand with the weekend/pub but the games did seem genuinely better then. Ferguson's United, Chelsea with Terry, Lampard, Drogba etc and Liverpool under Benitez.

Now I'll maybe catch 1 game a week from the EPL and maybe watch MOTD. It's definitely losing it's appeal year on year.

Why put money on games if your not particularly interested?
I'm not a gambler but if im gonna put money on something then I'd like to think ive got a bit of knowledge about it.
Im not just betting for the sake of it.
I do like a bet, and if I think there’s a good thing I’ll have a punt.
I won’t always watch the games I bet in, even less likely the games I don’t.
There’s some dross getting served up in that EPL.

Im not just betting for the sake of it.
I do like a bet, and if I think there’s a good thing I’ll have a punt.
I won’t always watch the games I bet in, even less likely the games I don’t.
There’s some dross getting served up in that EPL.
There's dross in every league mate. I just dont get betting on something that anyone says they dont usually watch. How would anyone know if its a good thing without watching other games regularly?

There's dross in every league mate. I just dont get betting on something that anyone says they dont usually watch. How would anyone know if its a good thing without watching other games regularly?
I’m not totally out of the loop with the EPL, due to the saturation coverage. Pretty much stick to the UK leagues for the betting.
Not been easy getting winners this season, some strange results, Arsenal on Sunday being one!

I’m trying not to get carried away, and keeping my feet on the ground, but apart from a couple of games that we dropped points, and we deserved to win them, I’ve been well impressed with our football.
I’ve just totally got the blinkers on this season, only interested in our next game as soon as the last ones finished.
I didn’t even know the rotten mob had dropped points the other day until Neil McCann mentioned breathing space just before kick off.

Since 2012 I have had absolutely no interest in football outside of Rangers.
I have not even seen a World Cup or Champions League match since.
Don't know if that will ever change, but at this point i cannot see it.

I used to be the same but I recently said to someone that I cant really call myself a “football fan” anymore, but really I just watch Rangers these days. Im not going to pretend is some worthy reason like a disconnection with the billionaires in the EPL or because it’s “not like the old days”. I just have limited time in my life and others things take priority.

I find it hard to carve out 2 hours on a Sunday to watch the English match...but happily spend half of Saturday travelling up top, and half of Sunday travelling back for our games. Maybe 3 out of every 10 weekends gone completely, to watch our 90 mins. And I absolutely cannot wait to do so again.

My parents, on the other hand, still won’t miss a game on TV. You can’t talk to them on a Sunday in case you let slip the score of a game they have recorded whilst watching another. Joys of being retired, I guess. I swear, if you got live coverage of two kids kicking a can around the streets of Caracas, my folks would add it to their Sky package and watch it every week :D

Only interested in Rangers - as a kid in the early eighties I used to go watch Scotland at the boys gate and can remember the excitement/disappointment of the 78 World Cup.

if Rangers were playing tiddlywinks on tv I’d watch them. If Scotland were playing out my back window I wouldn’t open the curtains. Same goes for pretty much any football now. Football is not better for not being a tough, man’s game. It will become fully non contact over time I feel.

If theres a game on and I've spare time I'll usually watch it, but if its pish I'll often not persevere. I listened to the Stevie Gerrard high performance podcast recently in which he mentioned he'd watched the 90 mins of Harrogate - Bolton the night before as it was the only game on the telly.

Back