Only songs about Rangers sung last night ?

The Goal Machine

I may be wrong as I wasn't there but watched the match on my phone.

But every song sung was about our club definitely didn't hear him that shouldn't be mentioned anyway B.... S....

How refreshing to hear all the new chants about our players and club. Maybe it is because for the first time since 2012 we now have players and a team to look up to.

Long may it continue.

Wondered with the statement from the club yesterday, similar to those issued for Europa league games, are the SFA playing by different rules to the SPFL with lability?

But every song sung was about our club definitely didn't hear him that shouldn't be mentioned anyway B.... S....

How refreshing to hear all the new chants about our players and club. Maybe it is because for the first time since 2012 we now have players and a team to look up to.

Long may it continue.
Good point, mate. I'm not against any of our traditional songs in the pubs but we better keep them out of the stadium. Not that it'll make any difference to the perception of the poisonous media in Scotland!

Wondered with the statement from the club yesterday, similar to those issued for Europa league games, are the SFA playing by different rules to the SPFL with lability?

What was the statement yesterday? I missed it

Pretty sure wee spot in Europe was sang early in the first half

Only noticed this on my ticket email confirmation the other day, although having looked back on older emails it seems to have been added back in September.

FORM OF UNDERTAKING **
I acknowledge that in applying for this ticket, and as a condition of any tickets or tickets being issued to me, I am aware of, endorse and will comply in all respects with Article 14 of UEFA disciplinary regulations on racism and other discriminatory conduct. I shall not indulge in behaviour which insults the human dignity of a person or group of persons on whatever grounds, including skin colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, gender or sexual orientation and shall not sing any words that could be construed as having that effect. Any song that includes abusive language that is directed at any persons or groups within the above categories would breach this undertaking regardless of the word or words used to describe such person or groups and whether or not it can be argued that the word has some other meaning. I acknowledge that any breach of this undertaking will result in my being denied tickets for all future matches involving Rangers Football Club and that any tickets that I have already purchased will be cancelled.

Absolutely sickens me when I hear our support martyr the name of that bastard.

The song was so much better without the need of bringing a dead terrorist into it.

Our version was actually sung at least a full season before the Bheasts adopted the original song to the same tune (FOA)

Long may it continue.
Been there done it, but glad too hear that this will hurt the haters more than anything

Absolutely nothing wrong with cultural songs being sung. People that want to eradicate that are for the watching. A mixture of new glorious Gers songs like ESWF and FFGR are superb mixed in with Englishman’s command, coming down the road, wee spot in Europe etc is a terrific song book. BB TFS and SR are a thing of the past now thankfully.

And the hypocritical stance you have taken on the thread makes you look silly.
Take away our cultural side of our club and I’m afraid the soul has been taken out of us.
The quintessential British club for me
Rubbish. We didn’t have these things when we were formed. We became the country’s biggest club without these things.

This isnt a criticism of them. This is to say we are not soulless without them.

Rubbish. We didn’t have these things when we were formed. We became the country’s biggest club without these things.

This isnt a criticism of them. This is to say we are not soulless without them.
So, back to the political monicker proudly on display then.....

I heard one, although as some said, there were probably one or two others. But nothing offensive, unless you are one of the permoffended - we all know the arseholes I'm talking about - they are offended because we draw breath.
As for Sands, confine him to the bin, even the poets have almost forgot about him - after he paid for all their new bungalows in Donegal. A few weeks ago, his Da croaked, and they didn't even mention it.

Long may it continue.
Eh ????

The crap is being phased out which I love.

We are there for Rangers and Rangers alone. No politics, no religion, no geography.... just Rangers, the way it should be

They are not crap it’s about people who paid the ultimate sacrifice for their country.
Should they be sung at the football now ? No. I believe it time to move on and therefore stick to the two traditional songs the sash and Derry’s walls.

Why do some folk on here have nearly an aneurysm about Loyalist songs sung at Ibrox? :))

Some of the best songs like Derry’s Walls have been an integral part of our support for years upon years. Rangers Football Club has a strong Loyalist/Unionist following so it’s no surprise that these songs are sung. Politics and Football go hand in hand. If you genuinely get upset by folk singing the Sash I suggest maybe stop going to the games.

If this continues hopefully the club will sit up and take notice, and move forward with safe standing for the centenary year

Reactions: WBD
The atmosphere has been killed at Ibrox unfortunately. Did hear a wee rendition of the sash last night right enough in the second half.

I don’t nearly have an aneurysm but not songs I ever want to hear at our games. Something I have never been able to connect with.

You are in the minority though. Not everyone has to like Wee spot in Europe or the Sash or whatever else. But THE MAJORITY do sing them, and they're not songs that cause any issues.

Given all that, it really irritates me when people on forums take the high horse about how they shouldn't be sung. I mean, I've been a Rangers fan for 25 odd years and I don't ever remember this land of milk and honey when only songs specifically about Rangers the football club were sung.

I doubt any of you can remember that time and it's certainly not your place to lecture of what you think SHOULD be sung, beyond the "illegal" songs, especially when your views are in a minority.

Back