Only songs about Rangers sung last night ?

We all know Bobby Sands is dead, even the groin brigade are aware....

Why would any Rangers fan want to reaffirm this fact at Ibrox, or anywhere else for that matter? Serious question by the way.

Reactions: WBD
Rangers to me is more than a football club. If I wanted to be associated with a football team I would support my local team Alloa or Stirling Albion. However, I support a club that is unashamedly unionist, I support a club who toasts the Monarch , I support a club who flies the union flag.
We live in a country that is being hijacked by right wing nationalists and therefore it’s great to sit amongst like minded people.

They are not crap it’s about people who paid the ultimate sacrifice for their country.
Should they be sung at the football now ? No. I believe it time to move on and therefore stick to the two traditional songs the sash and Derry’s walls.
The pope has nothing to do with anyone who bravely fought for their country.

There is no greater opposed to the IRA than me, but I dont want to sing about it when supporting my team

You are in the minority though. Not everyone has to like Wee spot in Europe or the Sash or whatever else. But THE MAJORITY do sing them, and they're not songs that cause any issues.

Given all that, it really irritates me when people on forums take the high horse about how they shouldn't be sung. I mean, I've been a Rangers fan for 25 odd years and I don't ever remember this land of milk and honey when only songs specifically about Rangers the football club were sung.

I doubt any of you can remember that time and it's certainly not your place to lecture of what you think SHOULD be sung, beyond the "illegal" songs, especially when your views are in a minority.
This.

It’s sad there’s people who are in the minority that literally want to bin half of the songs sung at Ibrox. The same ones who moan about it being a library. A Wee Spot in Europe was great to hear last night. After you do that the club will literally be soulless, these songs make what makes Rangers and Celtic the best derby in the world.

Maybe to but not to thousands of others who sing We’re Coming Down The Road. :)) Don’t see why singing about Volunteers off to fight in WW1 is embarrassing.

i can guarantee you 95% of people singing about the uvf will be singing about the modern day uvf ,I don’t want associated with that pish ,a very weak disclaimer to say most people are singing about ww1 volunteers ,infact id be amazed

Haha Ibrox would be a library on old firm day if we got rid of the loyalist songs. It would turn into Tottenham v arsenal, ie. Pish. Im not against singing more of our transitional Rangers songs though, but even follow follow hardly gets belted out now. Na keep all the song imo. The more the merrier!

i can guarantee you 95% of people singing about the uvf will be singing about the modern day uvf ,I don’t want associated with that pish ,a very weak disclaimer to say most people are singing about ww1 volunteers ,infact id be amazed
You have to be an absolute idiot to think that when the lyrics say “Go take our sons and tell the Huns”. I think people realise we’re talking about the Germans here. You’re just trying to spin the narrative. Also “In 1912 a Home Rule Bill”?

Haha Ibrox would be a library on old firm day if we got rid of the loyalist songs. It would turn into Tottenham v arsenal, ie. Pish. Im not against singing more of our transitional Rangers songs though, but even follow follow hardly gets belted out now. Na keep all the song imo. The more the merrier!
It’s interesting to see these people wanting to get rid of them when they are not banned, add to the atmosphere. I agree we had to stop singing the likes of the Billy Boys however by wanting them gone you’re going to eventually kill off any atmosphere. Games v Celtic would just be utter shite.

I really doubt these people go to Ibrox on a weekly basis.

The young lads up in the corner of the Copland/ sandy jardine were a credit- sung their wee hearts out throughout the game, refreshing to hear
They were great, what a sight when it was quite and that was all you could hear.

You have to be an absolute idiot to think that when the lyrics say “Go take our sons and tell the Huns”. I think people realise we’re talking about the Germans here. You’re just trying to spin the narrative. Also “In 1912 a Home Rule Bill”?

Spin the narrative ? Errrr no I’m just giving an opinion and one I’m confident in giving .

You sound angry wee man

Have you ever listened to the words of the song? The words are clear what time in history the song is about

Long may it continue. I was thinking about this one today and would love to hear it again.

"We love you Rangers we do
We love you Rangers we do
We love you Rangers we do
Ohhhh Rangers we love you."

Simple, straight to the point and is bang on the money. We totally love our Club and if we started singing that again it would go round the stadium no problem.

Spin the narrative ? Errrr no I’m just giving an opinion and one I’m confident in giving .

You sound angry wee man
I’m 6ft 2 and you are. Not angry at all just intrigued. I made my point clear, you’re perceiving songs to be about the UVF involved in the Troubles.

Back