Open Goal Broomhill FC make Broadwood home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, he is an ex pro. Sure he didn't quite make the grade but it is not inconceivable to think he could do something at that level.
Aye, I'm sure that years of getting bevvied and whatever else hasn't affected his ability to play a decent 90 minutes at all. Slaney, the Kranjcar of the lowland league.

Shitiest name ever , you look at well run teams like pollok , auckinleck , kilwinning ect who should be higher up than f**king open goal broomhill

They could have been if Junior clubs in the West had taken the decision to move on a few years ago like the East clubs.

Slaney signed up for them! F*ck me like a comedy show all this. How anyone can take that guy serious is beyond me.

Ferry also seems to fancy himself as the Billy Big Baws and all this is destined to fail.

They are throwing some decent money at it. Know a lad who signed for them and is getting the same wage part time as he was getting full time last season in League 1. Broomhill offered him 4 times what he was getting offered by League 2 clubs.

It was so obvious that was going to happen was only a matter of time before it was announced. He kept saying he was making a come back and they've supposedly been filming his progress.
He acts like a superstar.
Behaves like a prick.

Wonder what club he played for:rolleyes:

It's something different I suppose . Can't see them being successful. Ex pro Slane has played the grand total of 36 professional 1st team games and last 1 was 6 years ago. He will be shown up by younger fitter hungrier boys.

My BB was in Broomhill, the famous 130th. Our evil enemy the 101st lurked around Broomhill Cross. Grrrrr !

Where is Broomhill?
If it’s the one next to Thornwood/Partick, I’d never heard of a team from there until last season.
That’s exactly it. Originally called BSC which was Broomhill Sports Club, which I believe was affiliated to the tennis/squash club…

I see they won 4-1 last night against Craigmark

My mate is the gaffer @ Bellshill and they are likely playing them in the cup (assuming OGB beat Glenrothes - looking forward to getting a long to watch)

I see they won 4-1 last night against Craigmark

My mate is the gaffer @ Bellshill and they are likely playing them in the cup (assuming OGB beat Glenrothes - looking forward to getting a long to watch)

That could get messy for Bellshill in a similar vein to the darvel game tail end of last season. They brought in many?

That could get messy for Bellshill in a similar vein to the darvel game tail end of last season. They brought in many?
Yeah mate good few boys - question is whether they are up to the standard needed - some ex pro / juniors - so hopefully should be …
as you say depending on how much money / what players OGB bring in teams will struggle to compete (Simmilar to Darvel)

Yeah mate good few boys - question is whether they are up to the standard needed - some ex pro / juniors - so hopefully should be …
as you say depending on how much money / what players OGB bring in teams will struggle to compete (Simmilar to Darvel)

EK look to have blown OGB out the water in that lowland league with some of their signings. Plus there's already a few better teams in there.

Was a tough time for Bellshill last year until the boy from the Sunday team took over. Will take time. Saw they had signed big Jarvie. That guys been round the block enough times to know what it's about. My own team will be in their league this year so looking forward to seeing them.

I was pissing myself when Slaney's in at Hampden for his first medical and Si hits out with this...

Also noticed Slaney's had operations on both legs for compartment syndrome. Something I wish I'd done years ago. Suffered with it for 10+ years now and it basically stopped me from playing at any decent level. Can hardly run a 5k now without it flaring up.

Honestly don't understand the hate they get on here just because they're Celtic fans?

EK look to have blown OGB out the water in that lowland league with some of their signings. Plus there's already a few better teams in there.

Was a tough time for Bellshill last year until the boy from the Sunday team took over. Will take time. Saw they had signed big Jarvie. That guys been round the block enough times to know what it's about. My own team will be in their league this year so looking forward to seeing them.
Yeah good few teams throwing money at it.

Gary the boy from the Sunday team is my mate - he's doing a decent job with the tools that he has available to him - as you say they have brought in Jarvie and a few experienced lads from Harthill as well as a couple of young lads - so hopefully a decent mix of experience and youngsters,

not sure what the expectation is this year - just hope he gets a decent crack at it.

I thought it was quite good, he's a harmless boy. I had a proper laugh at the bit about the farmfoods bag B-D

Aye that was class.

The story of him signing for Celtic and his dad’s suit being too big is genuinely one of the funniest things I’ve heard in a long time. I can’t look at him without thinking about how funny that is

I was pissing myself when Slaney's in at Hampden for his first medical and Si hits out with this...

Also noticed Slaney's had operations on both legs for compartment syndrome. Something I wish I'd done years ago. Suffered with it for 10+ years now and it basically stopped me from playing at any decent level. Can hardly run a 5k now without it flaring up.

Honestly don't understand the hate they get on here just because they're Celtic fans?
The hate they get is because they are Rangers hating neddy trash.

I think it is because they are Celtic fans. Hard to complain about bias when they have Andy Halliday on the panel!

Listening to Slaney over the years I think he suffered mentally as well as physically. He's admitted to feigning injury so he could come off the park.

What other excuse do you need?

Don’t watch open goal but you should all listen to Johnny McFarlane now as an authority on all things Rangers

Aye that was class.

The story of him signing for Celtic and his dad’s suit being too big is genuinely one of the funniest things I’ve heard in a long time. I can’t look at him without thinking about how funny that is

I had to buy a new suit jacket last minute for a work thing and I didn’t have time to get it tailored. Couldn’t wear it without thinking of that story.

Tragic patter.

No one can watch any of the Open Goal shows and come away thinking Si Ferry is a "Rangers hater".

Him and Slaney don't hide their colours but think Ferry talks quite positively about our style of play or some of our players from his coaching point of view. The pods are better after we've beat them as the 2 of them want to move on quickly from talking about it .

Him and Slaney don't hide their colours but think Ferry talks quite positively about our style of play or some of our players from his coaching point of view. The pods are better after we've beat them as the 2 of them want to move on quickly from talking about it .

Nothing wrong with that though. As others said they have Halliday on the show as a regular.

During our European run Si was constantly full of praise about how good we were. Same during our 55 season.

I only watch it when the scum get beat tbh as their tears are delightful. Open Goal along with PLZ Soccer were must watch tv during our 55 season.

Tragic patter.

They clearly hate everything about Rangers mate, just look at the guests, McCoist, Durrant, Barry Ferguson, Derek Ferguson, Kevin Thomson, Alex McLeish

No one can watch any of the Open Goal shows and come away thinking Si Ferry is a "Rangers hater".
Lawell's son and Mark Guidi own the company. Of course, if you think they are even handed with no agenda then y'all crack on.

The Open Goal fanboys will be along soon trying to convince everyone, including themselves, that the pod isn't just for mentally challengeds. By tims for tims
I have tried to listen to it, but let us be honest, it is just mainly tims talking to other tims and strangling the English language egregiously.
That said, the interview with McInnes was excellent, mostly because they allowed him to rattle on and his stories were first class.

Lawell's son and Mark Guidi own the company. Of course, if you think they are even handed with no agenda then y'all crack on.

It must be hard navigating through life in Scotland avoiding anything owned by anyone with a connection to Celtic.

I have tried to listen to it, but let us be honest, it is just mainly tims talking to other tims and strangling the English language egregiously.
That said, the interview with McInnes was excellent, mostly because they allowed him to rattle on and his stories were first class.

Aye tims like Andy Halliday, Derek Ferguson, Kevin Kyle, Ally McCoist, Barry Ferguson, Kevin Thomson, Mark Warburton, Derek McInnes, Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd, Charlie Adam, Davie Weir, Lee McCulloch, Alex Rae, Marvin Andrews, Ian Durrant...

Basically like a night out at Charlie and the Bhoys.

It must be hard navigating through life in Scotland avoiding anything owned by anyone with a connection to Celtic.

Aye tims like Andy Halliday, Derek Ferguson, Kevin Kyle, Ally McCoist, Barry Ferguson, Kevin Thomson, Mark Warburton, Derek McInnes, Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd, Charlie Adam, Davie Weir, Lee McCulloch, Alex Rae, Marvin Andrews, Ian Durrant...

Basically like a night out at Charlie and the Bhoys.
Yes, they have guests from Rangers.
How could they not.
They need an audience.
A few tasty scraps to lure in the gullible might be another way of putting it, whilst the main feast is one for 19th Century Terrorists.

However, maybe I am being a bit over the top, but it is nonetheless wise to stay wary.
These people hate us.

The interviews are better than their show on a Tuesday I wish he would dump Slaney for them but the other show is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back