Open Goal Broomhill FC make Broadwood home

Status
Not open for further replies.
The coupon show with Frank McAvennie is brutal to watch. He just talks over everyone and his voice goes right through you.
Aye a think I lasted about two weeks with that then binned it - havnt watched or listened to OG for a while but if I’m all out of heart and hand content and going for a long run then I’ll listen to OG no bother - it got considerably more listenable when Halliday became a regular though

I was pissing myself when Slaney's in at Hampden for his first medical and Si hits out with this...

Also noticed Slaney's had operations on both legs for compartment syndrome. Something I wish I'd done years ago. Suffered with it for 10+ years now and it basically stopped me from playing at any decent level. Can hardly run a 5k now without it flaring up.

Honestly don't understand the hate they get on here just because they're Celtic fans?

Wasn't going to bother following this, but it's actually really smart and well done content. Interesting insight into how a medical done and then hearing from people like O'Hara about the lower leagues. Slaney comes across well too when not in banter mode.

Great watch.

Anyone who watches that and doesnt feel sorry for that lad is a bit heartless. Imagine being his parents. Whether it be that lot or us. Put yourself in the his shoes. Making your debut for the team you love then get the injuries he had. He literally went from about to play for his boyhood team to not kicking a ball. Canny imagine where that would take you

Wasn't going to bother following this, but it's actually really smart and well done content. Interesting insight into how a medical done and then hearing from people like O'Hara about the lower leagues. Slaney comes across well too when not in banter mode.

Great watch.
I hate open goal but actually enjoyed this as he’s not playing the class clown and the medical stuff was interesting.
A decent watch.
Who doesn’t love a comeback?
Slane is like a ned mentally challenged version of Rocky Balboa ;-)

The coupon show with Frank McAvennie is brutal to watch. He just talks over everyone and his voice goes right through you.
Forgetting he's about 90 and only talks about sex for a second, Derek Ferguson mentioned he had a drink for David Hagen (I think) because he had recently passed and was feeling emotional about it.

Frank then laughs and mentions that he played against Maradona and you don't see him doing that.

He's a bitter, classless tramp.

Anyone who watches that and doesnt feel sorry for that lad is a bit heartless. Imagine being his parents. Whether it be that lot or us. Put yourself in the his shoes. Making your debut for the team you love then get the injuries he had. He literally went from about to play for his boyhood team to not kicking a ball. Canny imagine where that would take you

I agree. Going from making your debut with Motherwell at 15 then getting a dream move to your boyhood club. Within a short time you go from having the world at your feet to being released and unemployed with no real life skills. You can definitely see how it'd affect someone's mental health.

I agree. Going from making your debut with Motherwell at 15 then getting a dream move to your boyhood club. Within a short time you go from having the world at your feet to being released and unemployed with no real life skills. You can definitely see how it'd affect someone's mental health.
100% mate even as a parent of a wee boy thats 6 and loves football i hope he sticks to something else. Hellish

Amsterdam apparently.

I've only ever watched the Kevin Thomson interview they did.

I'm not a fan of podcasts but at the end of the day if you enjoy it then crack on.

231825,xcitefun-colonel-gaddafi-1.jpg

The kit man

Yes. What's your point caller?

Lawell's son and Mark Guidi own the company. Of course, if you think they are even handed with no agenda then y'all crack on.

So you've got an issue with Open Goal but not the Daily Record for example? The same paper who printed a load of shit about H&H then got caught out when dozens of their journalists were found out to be bigots?

So you've got an issue with Open Goal but not the Daily Record for example? The same paper who printed a load of shit about H&H then got caught out when dozens of their journalists were found out to be bigots?
You're making things up. Where did I say I didn't have a problem with the Record? Do you not read my posts.

H&H were done in the Daily Record - I was down to be attacked in the same manner in that week's Sunday Mail but after the debacle in the Record they scrubbed that.

I’ve explained this quite a few times over the years - but for the hard of thinking here’s another go.

Purchase of single newspaper - very low marginal rise in income of paper.

Hundreds, and often thousands, of punters being able to read the content and not pay for it - quite a substantial loss of income for said paper.

So, for a few farthings we get to see what the enemy is up to whilst at the same time depriving them of a fair bit of income taken over the months and years.

I’m sure someone else may be able to explain that rather more simply but that’s the best I can do.

I’ve explained this quite a few times over the years - but for the hard of thinking here’s another go.

Purchase of single newspaper - very low marginal rise in income of paper.

Hundreds, and often thousands, of punters being able to read the content and not pay for it - quite a substantial loss of income for said paper.

So, for a few farthings we get to see what the enemy is up to whilst at the same time depriving them of a fair bit of income taken over the months and years.

I’m sure someone else may be able to explain that rather more simply but that’s the best I can do.
Posting links drives traffic to their site. Increased traffic = higher advertising revenues.

I don't have the insight you will but you'll know how many views threads on here get and on a popular story it could easily generate thousands of clicks to the linked article.

Same applies in Facebook/Twitter links.

I'd guess that if the DR's web revenue isn't higher than the profit they make from sales of newspapers yet, it will be pretty soon.

The real way to stymie them is for OPs to copy/paste the story. Then we still get to see their take on whatever they're writing about and deprive them of that traffic.

Two wins out of two for OG Broomhill. Good start having beat both Spartans and Cowdenbeath. Can they win the league?

With the money they’ve likely invested, you’d imagine that’s the aim.

Broadfoot won’t be playing for free, for example.
Absolutely, he will stroll it at that level. Didn't look out of place in the Championship last season at all. Can't say I recognise any of there other players mind you. Wonder if Slaney will ever get a game?

Posting links drives traffic to their site. Increased traffic = higher advertising revenues.

I don't have the insight you will but you'll know how many views threads on here get and on a popular story it could easily generate thousands of clicks to the linked article.

Same applies in Facebook/Twitter links.

I'd guess that if the DR's web revenue isn't higher than the profit they make from sales of newspapers yet, it will be pretty soon.

The real way to stymie them is for OPs to copy/paste the story. Then we still get to see their take on whatever they're writing about and deprive them of that traffic.

He posts actual photos of the paper not links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back