Open Goal - Kenny Miller

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Who did Dave King back?

Rangers fans are easily pleased these days, Kenny Miller a Rangers legend, haha don’t me laugh
Im a fan of Dave King and the board but dont forget that they also backed Pedro to the tune of £10m+ and wasted 18-24 months of all out time. By your logic, they backed Murty, was that a good decision? I'd say it is you that's easily pleased. Also never said he was a rangers legend.

supersonic

Official Ticketer
King and the board had no option but to "back" the man he flung under a bus. Murty should never of been in that position.

Not one rumour that's came out has made me think Miller & Wallace were in the wrong.
Yep , they had to back Murty, however if they didn't %^*& up the Pedro appointment they might not even had to back him.

Alex Venters

yeah the part where he mentions Pedro would base his tactics on watching spl teams playing each other, but obviously they don’t play as open against us. They Sit in and the style he wanted to play didn’t work. Similar kinda to what’s happening now
You're comparing Pedro with Gerrard?

You cannot be serious.

cloodie

i find it baffling he was chucked under the bus for basically telling the squad that getting shagged 4-0 at Hampden is unacceptable? also don't forget that Murty hung Halliday out to dry by subbing him at HT.

his bit about Pedro preparing for Motherwell type games based on Motherwell vs other league opposition, without considering they would completely alter their system vs us. the board fucked 18-24 months of all our time and money by appointing Pedro. then appointing Murty from December to June. no wonder he went ballistic after the cup game vs them.
Was surprised when he mentioned that Murty wasn’t even in the dressing room at the time. Also says that the one going mental was Tav (which was good to hear)

Last edited:

TPB90

It's not a myth or a lie , I was at the game , you obviously were'nt , there is a video of it ...ffs
Post the video then? I'm sure there is another poster on here offering £100 for proof he kissed their badge so I'm sure you'll be happy to collect that since you are so positive it happened.

evo14

Official Ticketer
Listening to it now.

I've always been a big fan of Miller apart from THAT season (Again, WHY DID YE DAE IT, KENNY?!)

Scorted lots of big goals for us at every level, shame it finished the way it did, all he did was go mental at the underperformers in the team after geting 5 stuck past us at home by the scum.

Said it before and I'll say it again, would rather have had Miller in the squad last season that Lafferty or Sadiq.

Teddy bear

Official Ticketer
Kenny Miller was a great servant and big part of a successful period.
He should never be in the hall of fame though, he earned forgiveness from most Rangers, that's as far as it should go.

supersonic

Official Ticketer
yeah the part where he mentions Pedro would base his tactics on watching spl teams playing each other, but obviously they don’t play as open against us. They Sit in and the style he wanted to play didn’t work. Similar kinda to what’s happening now
I have to disagree with you here. Whilst the formation is largely the same, the current management react pretty well game to game with small tactical changes. Examples would be changing to a 4141 shape in the cup final, with the 1 in between marking christie in the 10 position. Also we made slight tweaks to Aribos role at ross county away and he played excellently. They haven't had the same solutions in the last 5 games, but the management team are not against some changes to suit opposition.

Erik Bo Selecta Anderson

I have to disagree with you here. Whilst the formation is largely the same, the current management react pretty well game to game with small tactical changes. Examples would be changing to a 4141 shape in the cup final, with the 1 in between marking christie in the 10 position. Also we made slight tweaks to Aribos role at ross county away and he played excellently. They haven't had the same solutions in the last 5 games, but the management team are not against some changes to suit opposition.
Yeah I agree, the management teams are worlds apart and obviously current management is more open to make changes. I just meant that teams change the way the play against us and generally we play the same way in most games.

Forever blue

Never wanted Kenny back after playing for them ..along with thousands of other bears sung the "stick yer Kenny miller" song at Hampden to let Walter know our thoughts ..but he won me round very quickly with his performances and attitude .. superb pro .. easily one of our best players in the last decade and someone who cares deeply about our club as was proven when he called out murty after the Hampden hammering

BriggsLoyal82

Official Ticketer
Really struggle to understand him and that shite accent ;) audio was horrific.

He gave 100% no doubts at all.

stewarty

The thing is, he knew himself that he was on the way out and said so several times. Yet he claims to not know why, except that the powers that be at the club wanted him gone.

The fact he doesn't go into anything to do with his relationship with the press, dressing room leaks and any of the details related to the bust ups re Caixinha/Murty suggests there is way more to this than the version Miller wants to portray.

Also, just wanting to play and be involved in a succesful team doesn't explain why he would sign for them. He suggested he had other deals on the table and I believe him... I just think that he got sucked into a Lawwell "GIRUY" special to us. I.e. they offered him the most money.

SenoraCuellar

King and the board had no option but to "back" the man he flung under a bus. Murty should never of been in that position.

Not one rumour that's came out has made me think Miller & Wallace were in the wrong.
It was also handled disastrously. Miller was coming to the end of his contract. All they had to do was say thanks for your service, we aren't renewing. Bye. Instead they courted another round of negative press for the club.

And it's incredible that on other threads we have posters complaining that we have players that have no fight or dont understand what it means to play for our club yet quite happy to throw Miller and Wallace under the bus for doing exactly that.

Reactions: MSF