Open Goal - Kenny Miller

It’s guys Like Kenny, Barry or Kevin T we need as part of the managers coaching staff in some capacity imho ( not all of them one like them or of that ilk.)

I was disappointed when he signed for The Filth.
But I have never believed him to be anything other than a Rangers supporter, I don't think he has ever hidden that.
Further, I never saw him pull a blue shirt over his head and not give 100%.
Kenny is a good lad, but even the best of us can let ourselves down on occasion.
Kenny is a former Ger who will always be welcome inside Ibrox.
How can he be if he signed for them?

How can he be if he signed for them?
He has to feed his family mate, and he does that by playing football.
When it is a job and a profession, then you simply put your supporting instincts on a back burner whilst you get on with the day job.
It may be mercenary, but most of us tend to accept being a mercenary if it means getting a decent cut of the economy.
Maybe if he had an offer from Rangers at the same time as he signed for The Filth, he would never have felt the need to sign for them.

I was disappointed when he signed for The Filth.
But I have never believed him to be anything other than a Rangers supporter, I don't think he has ever hidden that.
Further, I never saw him pull a blue shirt over his head and not give 100%.
Kenny is a good lad, but even the best of us can let ourselves down on occasion.
Kenny is a former Ger who will always be welcome inside Ibrox.
Great post

Actually thought the part where he discusses Pedro was pretty interesting.
yeah the part where he mentions Pedro would base his tactics on watching spl teams playing each other, but obviously they don’t play as open against us. They Sit in and the style he wanted to play didn’t work. Similar kinda to what’s happening now

Not a dig at Miller, but more of an observation....

You know that your career has already peaked and your on the decline when you’re on this ‘show’.

Warburton and Windass spring to mind. Neither of them will play/manage/work for a club as big as ours ever again!
Neither will ever run out to a backing support of circa 50,000 again!

You might wanna tell that to Andy Robertson who was on last year.

Not as if he went on to win a Champions League or is about to win the Premier League or anything...

People get pissed off with him over smutty and Pedro. Ironically he kept those those charlatans in a job longer than they should have been in one.

I was fuming when we signed him second time. But he did well, no doubt.

yeah the part where he mentions Pedro would base his tactics on watching spl teams playing each other, but obviously they don’t play as open against us. They Sit in and the style he wanted to play didn’t work. Similar kinda to what’s happening now

Its only similar in regard to teams sittin in v us which had been the way since year dot.

Gerrards team deal with this tactic a million miles better than Pedro's.

Can’t wait to see this. So Ferry always mentions Ferguson. Think he appreciates he was a quality player.

Musselburgh, says growing up, him his cousin and father were Rangers fans and went to Ibrox with his older cousin.
There is a well known poster on here who is family friends with the Millers and Kenny and Kenny‘s family are Rangers supporters and Kenny has been his whole life.

Can you show us a picture of him kissing the Celtic badge if you can I will put £100 into any charity you pick , if you can’t then you give Erskine the same £100.
No photoshop though
Did he not kiss it when he scored a penalty against us? Memory might be a bit foggy for obvious reasons.

Anyone who thumps their badge shouldn’t be welcome in Ibrox. Glad he’s retired now and we hopefully don’t need to see anymore of him around Ibrox.

Just need Naismith to retire now and I won't have to suffer fellow bears being desperate to see former players who stabbed us in the back making a return.

As for this interview, unless he apologises for signing for the scum or actually says something interesting about what happened under Pedro, I think I'll give this a swerve.

A fantastic player for us arguably the best striker we have had these past 13/14 years even when pushing 40 the Tim’s were still terrified of him and he still delivered in some real shocking sides just past.

Hall of fame 100 percent.

Our best striker in the last 13/14 years? Simmer down

A fantastic player for us arguably the best striker we have had these past 13/14 years even when pushing 40 the Tim’s were still terrified of him and he still delivered in some real shocking sides just past.

Hall of fame 100 percent.
Morelos, Jelavic and Boyd were all better for a start and that's without thinking about it.

Miller knew what it meant to play for Rangers and still signed for them, I've never seen him go more mental than he did after scoring against us.

It's absolutely mental that the same people who call him a legend boo Scott Allan whenever he touches the ball

Morelos, Jelavic and Boyd were all better for a start and that's without thinking about it.

Miller knew what it meant to play for Rangers and still signed for them, I've never seen him go more mental than he did after scoring against us.

It's absolutely mental that the same people who call him a legend boo Scott Allan whenever he touches the ball

He was better for us than all those strikers imo jelavic didn’t hang around long enough not a chance Boyd was better and neither Morelos too .

Miller was better for Rangers than all of them.

i find it baffling he was chucked under the bus for basically telling the squad that getting shagged 4-0 at Hampden is unacceptable? also don't forget that Murty hung Halliday out to dry by subbing him at HT.

his bit about Pedro preparing for Motherwell type games based on Motherwell vs other league opposition, without considering they would completely alter their system vs us. the board fucked 18-24 months of all our time and money by appointing Pedro. then appointing Murty from December to June. no wonder he went ballistic after the cup game vs them.

Miller was important for us but that's a different argument from who was the best striker.

To say he was a better striker than any of Jelavic/Boyd/Morelos is absolutely ludicrous.

I said he was better for Rangers mate and he was imo of course.

It’s like when I say Butcher was a better player than Gough but Gough was better for Rangers.

Back