Open Goal - Kenny Miller

Just listened to the interview and was interesting at times albeit one of the more boring Open Goal Si Ferry interviews.

think you need to get your own patter instead of recycling FF sound bites. what do you actually mean by this? is Jase a Jase fan?

I think what I mean by this is fairly clear in the post.

As far as being a Jase fan is concerned I’ll take a wild guess that you’re not one. :D

I don’t know Si Ferry well at all but he comes into my work quite a bit and chats away to me about football. He told me months ago that this had been filmed but afterwards Kenny had phoned him and the producers and told them to leave certain bits out, which has resulted in the interview being heavily edited. He wouldn’t tell me what parts had been left out mind you. Will ask him next time I see him.

A fantastic player for us arguably the best striker we have had these past 13/14 years even when pushing 40 the Tim’s were still terrified of him and he still delivered in some real shocking sides just past.

Hall of fame 100 percent.
Sorry but no who ever played for them should ever be in our HOF

No matter what they achieve with us

Miller knew what it meant to play for Rangers and still signed for them, I've never seen him go more mental than he did after scoring against us.

Yep he went absolutely wild when he scored against us for the green and grey, was almost as warped as him signing for them.

Yep he went absolutely wild when he scored against us for the green and grey, was almost as warped as him signing for them.

He was just as bad when fester Graveson scored against us. Acted like it was the greatest moment of his life when it wasn't even him that scored. Miller was a great servant to Rangers whilst employed by the club - but describing himself as a Rangers fan is a joke. A Rangers fan would not act like that.

For those advocating him as a future Hall of Fame inductee - listen to his words - he went to Celtic because he saw that as his chance to win things and be successful, he doesn't regret it and he thinks that it is a great club and the fans are 'brand new'.

Last edited:
I don’t know Si Ferry well at all but he comes into my work quite a bit and chats away to me about football. He told me months ago that this had been filmed but afterwards Kenny had phoned him and the producers and told them to leave certain bits out, which has resulted in the interview being heavily edited. He wouldn’t tell me what parts had been left out mind you. Will ask him next time I see him.

I think there's a bit missing when he's talking about the beginning under Pedro, then it skips to him talking about being frozen out under him. Probably more bits cut out as well.

He has to feed his family mate, and he does that by playing football.
When it is a job and a profession, then you simply put your supporting instincts on a back burner whilst you get on with the day job.
It may be mercenary, but most of us tend to accept being a mercenary if it means getting a decent cut of the economy.
Maybe if he had an offer from Rangers at the same time as he signed for The Filth, he would never have felt the need to sign for them.
Not sure if true but I was told he did have the chance and chose them. Can anyone enlighten us on this?

Great Professional, really entertaining interview. Did not like everything he said, but hey, its his life.

Miller was nothing but a top professional his entire career and it was really disappointing the way it ended for him with us. In three different spells he gave his all every time. His goals speak for themselves but as for his controversial end to his career I tend to be on his side.

He saw through the fraud that was Pedro Caixinha immediately. A disgraceful appointment by the board that set us back even further and cost us millions of pounds in the process. Leaking stories to the press was a bad way to go about things admittedly but maybe he felt it was the only way to force change.

And as for that horrible day at Hampden, him and Wallace had every right to tear the players to shreds. I'd be disappointed if those incidents weren't happening in our dressing room after bad results to be honest. To suspend and banish two players that actually cared was another bad call.

Who was the cause of the breakdown in his move to Fiorentina? Couldn’t work out what was said between them, a ex manager of Ferry’s?

i've always liked miller, he was excellent for us in walters second spell , he was right at the top of his game and always gave 100%, didnt leave in the best circumstances but we were a farce at that time

Professionals looking out for themselves-who’d have thunk it

I’d be the first to acknowledge that he was a good pro, kept himself in top shape and did his best wherever he played.

But he sold his soul to the devil when he moved in with the kiddy fiddlers.

Also we’ll probably never know what happened wi him , Wallace and Murty but I’ll wager KM wasn’t totally innocent in that one.

i find it baffling he was chucked under the bus for basically telling the squad that getting shagged 4-0 at Hampden is unacceptable? also don't forget that Murty hung Halliday out to dry by subbing him at HT.

his bit about Pedro preparing for Motherwell type games based on Motherwell vs other league opposition, without considering they would completely alter their system vs us. the board fucked 18-24 months of all our time and money by appointing Pedro. then appointing Murty from December to June. no wonder he went ballistic after the cup game vs them.
Who did Dave King back?

Rangers fans are easily pleased these days, Kenny Miller a Rangers legend, haha don’t me laugh

Who did Dave King back?

Rangers fans are easily pleased these days, Kenny Miller a Rangers legend, haha don’t me laugh
Im a fan of Dave King and the board but dont forget that they also backed Pedro to the tune of £10m+ and wasted 18-24 months of all out time. By your logic, they backed Murty, was that a good decision? I'd say it is you that's easily pleased. Also never said he was a rangers legend.

King and the board had no option but to "back" the man he flung under a bus. Murty should never of been in that position.

Not one rumour that's came out has made me think Miller & Wallace were in the wrong.
Yep , they had to back Murty, however if they didn't %^*& up the Pedro appointment they might not even had to back him.

yeah the part where he mentions Pedro would base his tactics on watching spl teams playing each other, but obviously they don’t play as open against us. They Sit in and the style he wanted to play didn’t work. Similar kinda to what’s happening now
You're comparing Pedro with Gerrard?

You cannot be serious.

i find it baffling he was chucked under the bus for basically telling the squad that getting shagged 4-0 at Hampden is unacceptable? also don't forget that Murty hung Halliday out to dry by subbing him at HT.

his bit about Pedro preparing for Motherwell type games based on Motherwell vs other league opposition, without considering they would completely alter their system vs us. the board fucked 18-24 months of all our time and money by appointing Pedro. then appointing Murty from December to June. no wonder he went ballistic after the cup game vs them.
Was surprised when he mentioned that Murty wasn’t even in the dressing room at the time. Also says that the one going mental was Tav (which was good to hear)

Last edited:
It's not a myth or a lie , I was at the game , you obviously were'nt , there is a video of it ...ffs

Post the video then? I'm sure there is another poster on here offering £100 for proof he kissed their badge so I'm sure you'll be happy to collect that since you are so positive it happened.

Listening to it now.

I've always been a big fan of Miller apart from THAT season (Again, WHY DID YE DAE IT, KENNY?!)

Scorted lots of big goals for us at every level, shame it finished the way it did, all he did was go mental at the underperformers in the team after geting 5 stuck past us at home by the scum.

Said it before and I'll say it again, would rather have had Miller in the squad last season that Lafferty or Sadiq.

Kenny Miller was a great servant and big part of a successful period.
He should never be in the hall of fame though, he earned forgiveness from most Rangers, that's as far as it should go.

yeah the part where he mentions Pedro would base his tactics on watching spl teams playing each other, but obviously they don’t play as open against us. They Sit in and the style he wanted to play didn’t work. Similar kinda to what’s happening now
I have to disagree with you here. Whilst the formation is largely the same, the current management react pretty well game to game with small tactical changes. Examples would be changing to a 4141 shape in the cup final, with the 1 in between marking christie in the 10 position. Also we made slight tweaks to Aribos role at ross county away and he played excellently. They haven't had the same solutions in the last 5 games, but the management team are not against some changes to suit opposition.

I have to disagree with you here. Whilst the formation is largely the same, the current management react pretty well game to game with small tactical changes. Examples would be changing to a 4141 shape in the cup final, with the 1 in between marking christie in the 10 position. Also we made slight tweaks to Aribos role at ross county away and he played excellently. They haven't had the same solutions in the last 5 games, but the management team are not against some changes to suit opposition.
Yeah I agree, the management teams are worlds apart and obviously current management is more open to make changes. I just meant that teams change the way the play against us and generally we play the same way in most games.

Never wanted Kenny back after playing for them ..along with thousands of other bears sung the "stick yer Kenny miller" song at Hampden to let Walter know our thoughts ..but he won me round very quickly with his performances and attitude .. superb pro .. easily one of our best players in the last decade and someone who cares deeply about our club as was proven when he called out murty after the Hampden hammering

Back