Open Goal - Kenny Miller

Really struggle to understand him and that shite accent ;) audio was horrific.

He gave 100% no doubts at all.

The thing is, he knew himself that he was on the way out and said so several times. Yet he claims to not know why, except that the powers that be at the club wanted him gone.

The fact he doesn't go into anything to do with his relationship with the press, dressing room leaks and any of the details related to the bust ups re Caixinha/Murty suggests there is way more to this than the version Miller wants to portray.

Also, just wanting to play and be involved in a succesful team doesn't explain why he would sign for them. He suggested he had other deals on the table and I believe him... I just think that he got sucked into a Lawwell "GIRUY" special to us. I.e. they offered him the most money.

King and the board had no option but to "back" the man he flung under a bus. Murty should never of been in that position.

Not one rumour that's came out has made me think Miller & Wallace were in the wrong.

It was also handled disastrously. Miller was coming to the end of his contract. All they had to do was say thanks for your service, we aren't renewing. Bye. Instead they courted another round of negative press for the club.

And it's incredible that on other threads we have posters complaining that we have players that have no fight or dont understand what it means to play for our club yet quite happy to throw Miller and Wallace under the bus for doing exactly that.

Reactions: MSF
It was also handled disastrously. Miller was coming to the end of his contract. All they had to do was say thanks for your service, we aren't renewing. Bye. Instead they courted another round of negative press for the club.

And it's incredible that on other threads we have posters complaining that we have players that have no fight or dont understand what it means to play for our club yet quite happy to throw Miller and Wallace under the bus for doing exactly that.
As Miller said, it was a smokescreen to cover that result. Didn’t work as we got thumped by them again the next week.

Second part boggles my mind too.

It's not a myth or a lie , I was at the game , you obviously were'nt , there is a video of it ...ffs
So here is a test for you, if you show us him kissing the Celtic badge against us I will give you £250 to put into any charity you choose or you could even keep it if you wanted but if you fail to produce the said player kissing the said badge v us you give @RSEA £250 for his Erskine fund which he will make good use of

Good interview. There's no doubt he looked after himself throughout his career contractually, but that's his perogative. Many other players such as Riordan, O'Connor and Goram would've earned fortunes and don't have a pot to pi55 in now.

Kenny will be a multimillionaire but he's taken risks and moved around when there's no guarantee that he would be a success. He's backed himself to be a success everywhere he's went through hard work and dedication, and to be fair he has been.

I hated the fact that he signed for them but I'm happy to overlook it knowing that when he played for us he gave his all. His attitude could never be questioned and he's the type of player at currently lack.

I still think he'll be back at Ibrox in some capacity in the future.

Hands up , looks like I got it wrong . I genuinely thought he kissed their badge just before he fist pumped , the video tells a different story . Please accept my apologies ..........WATP

So here is a test for you, if you show us him kissing the Celtic badge against us I will give you £250 to put into any charity you choose or you could even keep it if you wanted but if you fail to produce the said player kissing the said badge v us you give @RSEA £250 for his Erskine fund which he will make good use of

Looking forward this
Easy money
And 0 risk to talk talk

You know that I would honour my side of the deal if I need too, hopefully the 2 gents either get the picture and cost me £350 which I would gladly pay but would expect the same from the two Rangers fans who saw him kiss the badge
Looking forward this
Easy money
And 0 risk to talk talk

Interesting that Tav was going tonto at half time at Hampden too.

He doesn’t care though according to some on here.

Listened to the first 40 minutes or so on my way to work this morning and thought it was a bit of snoozer. I got the impression that Kenny, having been involved in the game so long, is media trained to the point where he instinctively replies with beige soundbites. The players you least expect — GMS, Paul Caddis — often have the best shows.

There were a couple of interesting tidbits though. I was surprised that there was seemingly a bit of bad blood between him and Eck. I was not surprised that Barry was on his case all the time :D

I was disappointed when he signed for The Filth.
But I have never believed him to be anything other than a Rangers supporter, I don't think he has ever hidden that.
Further, I never saw him pull a blue shirt over his head and not give 100%.
Kenny is a good lad, but even the best of us can let ourselves down on occasion.
Kenny is a former Ger who will always be welcome inside Ibrox.
Well said and decent watch all the same, I have plenty of time for Miller.

Liked him at his time with us scoted a lot of important goals for us , but will never be a legend in my eyes playing for the scum and kissing there badge
Seen that game on u tube today he never kissed the badge he thumped the badge a few times after he scored , he celebrated thou as he was a rabid mentally challenged an for that he will never be a legend in my eyes

Was a decent watch whilst admittedly not as funny as previous open goal interviews.

Was interesting to find out the circumstances over him leaving in his first spell. I didn't realise McLeish had any input over Miller being sold to Wolves I thought it was all done and dusted when Advocaat was still in charge.

It was noticeable how he tried to shift the topic of his spell at the bheasts swiftly on. I've always got the impression with Miller that he knows he made a huge mistake.

It makes sense that he left for Bursa if we proposed a 40% pay cut, FFS. To think some were having a go at him for "walking out".

Warburton and Barton was interesting, too. Seems to have been a huge case of wires getting crossed.

Seen that game on u tube today he never kissed the badge he thumped the badge a few times after he scored , he celebrated thou as he was a rabid mentally challenged an for that he will never be a legend in my eyes

So just thirteen and a half years later, (despite the evidence of him not doing it being posted on here over the years) its took you to decide he didn't do it.

Back