Open Goal Meets Mark Hateley

I've actually always thought that Miller was exceptional at that age as was Derek Ferguson but they lost their way a bit as young lads often do.
He was exceptional. Like Barry Ferguson and John Fleck after him, was always a complete standout coming through. To make it into that first team at that time shows the measure of his talent. He wasn't out of place.
Watching his interviews now with the "wee guy fae Castlemilk" patter he doesn't seem to have regrets. But he should have been the best Scottish player of his generation.

I must be in the minority but I enjoyed it. Listened to it as a podcast on the way to work this morning.

Felt they could have dug a little deeper into his relationship with his father. I dont mind the jovialness of the Open Goal interviews, and understand that's the attraction somewhat, but a good interviewer gets more out of Mark than Ferry or Slane.

The show could be genuinely brilliant with a mix of serious and keeping that humour but that is down to Ferry to improve as an interviewer now.

Had no issues with Hateley wanting to promote his book, no different to any celebrity on a talk show etc.

Some of our supporters are miserable bastards trying far too hard to be staunch.

"I won't watch a video because a Celtic fan hosts it"

Grow up.

I don’t mind watching stuff if the Celtic fan isn’t a complete moron

Poor interview, generally find them very good, like the setting for them as players tend to be more open than they usually are and breakaway from the usual bland sh*te answers you usually get from football players, Carragher one was outstanding.

The episode with Jermaine Pennant is brilliant. Comes across a lot different than I thought he would. Some cracking stories.

Slainey is on McAvennie levels of intelligence, utterly embarrassing and should be nowhere near the media. As for Hateley he came across fine with a good amount of name dropping - some big big players to be fair. “It’s in the book” got a bit tedious after a while.

Listened to it today on my post run. Ok but yeah he is a bit boring. With some of he guys he’s played with should have been sensational.
Prefer “Under the Cosh” podcast if I’m honest.

Charlie Miller was unbelievable his golden season was over shadowed by the arrival of Laudrup but he was exceptional. Shame he never developed into the player he could have been.

I must be in the minority but I enjoyed it. Listened to it as a podcast on the way to work this morning.

Felt they could have dug a little deeper into his relationship with his father. I dont mind the jovialness of the Open Goal interviews, and understand that's the attraction somewhat, but a good interviewer gets more out of Mark than Ferry or Slane.

The show could be genuinely brilliant with a mix of serious and keeping that humour but that is down to Ferry to improve as an interviewer now.

Had no issues with Hateley wanting to promote his book, no different to any celebrity on a talk show etc.
I enjoyed it aswell and the two boys no matter their allegiances were in awe.

"Awww weet man ats pure mental big man nat yoor some buzz so ye urr."

Embarrassing listening to those two fannies.

I don't care if Hateley's not the most scintillating of speakers he's an absolute monster of the game and a legend for Rangers.
If only we had our own fan led podcast to showcase stories from legends and promote their book

Got to 30 minutes and binned it. Hately, great player for us that he was came across as boring and disinterested.
Wasn't Si's fault, he was just there to plug his book and that was it.

With his history and career that had potential to be one of the best

Turned out to be one of the worse with the constant plugging of his book .. it actually put me off ever buying it
“Any stories about Baresi?”

“Read the book”

“But what about when you signed for Wenger? Any stories?”

“It’s in the book”

Back