Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather McGeady than Kyle. Far better listen, couldn’t give a toss if he’s ex Celtic, I’m not that much of a weirdo to dodge interviews because of that.

I actually think it will be decent as well, hopefully tears from them right enough.

Notice when ever they post a Tweet all the replies are just folk trying to join in with 'banter' and get themselves a few likes/retweets!

He probably speaks a bit of basic Russian. A bit different.

Saw Matthews was on the normal interview last night - can't believe he's 28!

Tonight's will be pish with those 3.

All the focus will be on whats wrong with Celtic just now whilst we hardly get a mention.

Fair enough, he spoke a bit like one and I guess I made the unfair presumption that most players tend to be relatively rough.

His old man is a former footballer turned secondary school English teacher. I'd imagine he's nowhere near as rough as he comes across.

Surprising as it sounds as he looks like an idiot, isn’t he actually really clever?
An interview with another player (could've been Lewis Morgan) said that McGeady is actually quite intelligent, he may be but it's probably all relative.

I don't think he comes across as being particularly daft.

My sister in law works at Glas Airport, he regularly flies to the US for internationals and breaks during season, and can say hi, thanks and bye basically.
He’s been on Instagram live talking with fans in English so that’s a load of pish

He speaks more English than he lets on. Not fluent mind you.
How people can see him talking to players at training, on nights out and during his troubles earlier this year had him shagging half of Glasgow and still claim he can’t speak English like he’s got special needs is beyond me.

Excuses bingo from Si on KTBOTG tonight.

“Players are injured”
“he’s not had the players to play the shape he wants”
“ players like *insert foreign player name here* need to do better”

He’s really beginning to annoy me with his chat. Easy to be impartial when they don’t have a challenge.
I don't really see much fault in what he's saying.
They are missing Forrest from injury. The other injury issue is that the rumored dressing room problems are being sold as injuries. Unless proven, you can't really say it's the dressing room, so it looks like injuries are part of the problem.

The players and the shape is a load of rubbish. He's signed players and has been manager long enough that if that was an issue, it's still on Lennon.

Tied in with the dressing room issues, some have allegedly "downed tools". Makes sense if you're not getting results, players should do better.

I find Ferry mentally challenged leaning, but says a lot of sensible things about a lot of teams and subjects. There are 100 other members of the media I'd go after before him. He just seems to be the up and coming one these days. Compare what he says to what clowns like Hartson, Sutton, McNamara etc. It's night and day.

I'm just going to enjoy their current status of "PAIN" and hope we continue to bang out results and further their discomfort.

Excuses bingo from Si on KTBOTG tonight.

“Players are injured”
“he’s not had the players to play the shape he wants”
“ players like *insert foreign player name here* need to do better”

He’s really beginning to annoy me with his chat. Easy to be impartial when they don’t have a challenge.

Long may the media cheerleaders make excuses for Lennon, it's when they turn on him we should get annoyed!

McGeady's Russian is decent enough if not sparkling, which is fair enough, it is murder to learn.

His interview was actually pretty good.

Rather McGeady than Kyle. Far better listen, couldn’t give a toss if he’s ex Celtic, I’m not that much of a weirdo to dodge interviews because of that.
i've just finished the McGheady inteview its pretty decent to be fair but i have to be honest i skipped the end of the 2008 season

How people can see him talking to players at training, on nights out and during his troubles earlier this year had him shagging half of Glasgow and still claim he can’t speak English like he’s got special needs is beyond me.
Literally every player says he can’t speak English. Nobody understands what he is saying, they just laugh.

I don't really see much fault in what he's saying.
They are missing Forrest from injury. The other injury issue is that the rumored dressing room problems are being sold as injuries. Unless proven, you can't really say it's the dressing room, so it looks like injuries are part of the problem.

The players and the shape is a load of rubbish. He's signed players and has been manager long enough that if that was an issue, it's still on Lennon.

Tied in with the dressing room issues, some have allegedly "downed tools". Makes sense if you're not getting results, players should do better.

I find Ferry mentally challenged leaning, but says a lot of sensible things about a lot of teams and subjects. There are 100 other members of the media I'd go after before him. He just seems to be the up and coming one these days. Compare what he says to what clowns like Hartson, Sutton, McNamara etc. It's night and day.

I'm just going to enjoy their current status of "PAIN" and hope we continue to bang out results and further their discomfort.
The point is we’ve had players in Jack, Aribo & Roofe out for significant periods also which he continues to wash over. He was at it again last night on Go Radio but Barry put him in his place and said the Rangers squad is better and been put together strategically so players being out hasn’t needed to be used as an excuse. He used Bassey coming in for Barisic & stepping up as an example.

Have heard it a few times and think it's generally okay. However, in the show after the OF it was a bit bizarre to see them all tear into modern tactics, coaching and video analysis as if it was all black magic, especially given that it was one of the primary reasons for the massive gulf between the two sides.

Watching this now, pretty shite. Passes the time at work though.

Don’t give them the clicks! Listen to a Rangers/neutral podcast instead. Open goal is owned by the Lawell family, everytime you listen you are giving money and power to a peadophile-infested club. No excuse to listen to this poet trash, bears.

Tearing into modern tactics and video analysis again.

Interesting to see what Klopp/Pep/Mourinho etc would make of it?

But then Ferry's coaching at Peterhead so he'll know best!

The credit I give Open Goal is that they have made Scottish football interesting to talk about and listen to for 90minutes.

I didn’t think that was possible, but I now tune in regularly, and before I wouldn’t listen to a thing that talked Scottish football outside of Rangers.
Heart and Hand the Rangers Podcast

Prefer the one to one interviews, the ones in the summer with the Rangers guys and Jim Leishman were pretty good but the rest have been pretty pish since then.

Listened for the Adam Matthew’s one earlier which wasn’t great. Guess he hasn’t had much of an interesting career.

I enjoy the KTBOTG podcast but it’s funny how when the mentally challengeds are playing utter pish that they stop talking about the fixtures at the weekend and revert to the interview style of Open Goal. mentally challenged love in that episode

Agree mate, I knew with the guests that were on that it would be Celtic orientated but was hoping they would talk about the weekends fixtures and the Europa in some depth. Some interesting stories from Mcgeady all the same. Slaney held back on his criticism this week aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back