Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've just summed the show up perfectly. I've been listening to Ferry on Go Radio and he says similar on a daily basis. He is an awful pundit who has very limited tactical knowledge and offers no insight into the modern game. He repeatedly says the players need to work harder, show more hunger, and get back to the basics.

In defence, nobody is listening to Open Goal for tactical learnings and deep insights.

It's a few lads talking shite and having some banter. The very essence of it is that it's pub chat with mates and that's why it's done so well.

Yes a lot could be better about it, however the day they become polished and professional is the day it loses it character.

I appreciate it for what it is.

In defence, nobody is listening to Open Goal for tactical learnings and deep insights.

It's a few lads talking shite and having some banter. The very essence of it is that it's pub chat with mates and that's why it's done so well.

Yes a lot could be better about it, however the day they become polished and professional is the day it loses it character.

I appreciate it for what it is.
100% this.

I think it’s a pretty decent watch having yer dinner, etc. I also think Si Ferry is okay and not as bitter as some make out (certainly not on the show anyway). Andy will definitely be in media when he hangs up the boots, love that man. The less said about Kevin Kyle the better, he’s a buffoon.

Was spot on for Kyle to bring up how would Celtic fans have coped if they went through what we have been put through since 2012.

Him also talking about Charles Green handling his negotiations when signing for us made me shudder.

I did enjoy Halliday’s story about winding up John Greig over players of the past not cutting it today :))

Haha I just said the same thing to the Mrs, that rolling hook hand thing he does is fûcking irritating, it's like that stupid invisible magic wand gesture politicians use when they are emphasising something,

Haha the rolling hook hand. It is so distracting when he’s talking and he’s waving his big meat hooks all over the place.

Big Kyle saying “ I ken’s it, you ken’s it, Patsy ken-sit” is by some distance the funniest thing he’s ever said on that podcast. I actually laughed. It’s a low bar to be fair.
Must admit i did have a wee giggle myself.
I don't mind Si Ferry, or the big Sultic dunderheed but i just can't take to Slaney. just don't get it at all. No idae about the boy. Seems to have a want about him!
I have watched the podcasts since near the start (only ex Gers) until McGeedy went onto autoplay and incredibly i didnt turn off and the episode was very good.

I thought this too. He's maybe a bit intimidated to speak up as Slaney generally rips the piss out of whatever he says.

Which is fair, as he's from Stranraer.
Kyle definitely spoke a bit more freely on the recent one. I generally don't mind Slaney but i thought it was better without him. Get the feeling that when he's about, big Kyle feels like a bit of a third wheel. Incredible really since he's had a better career than any of the rest on it.

I generally don't mind Slaney (depends on what mood he's in) but thought this episode was much better without him. I never watch Right in the Coupon but today's episode came on autoplay and he seems a much better fit for that.

Kyle is definitely more relaxed without him.

Ferguson is fine on it, McAvennie on the other hand...

Ferguson is a horrible listen, on all of his platforms.

His baking analogy was similar to something my 2 year old could have put together.

He’s bumbles through week to week.

Derek Ferguson is fine, tries a bit too hard at times but he's relatively knowledgeable.

Frank McAvennie is a drunk bumbling idiot.

I think Ferry or someone on his pod has mentioned that Celtic are missing Mikey Johnston for about the last month.

The %^*& has he actually done in his career to remotely have anyone thinking he could make any difference to them. He never played when he was fit, he's shite. Talk about clutching at straws.

I think Ferry or someone on his pod has mentioned that Celtic are missing Mikey Johnston for about the last month.

The %^*& has he actually done in his career to remotely have anyone thinking he could make any difference to them. He never played when he was fit, he's shite. Talk about clutching at straws.

Desperation.

The deluded mentally challengeds didn’t even rate Forrest, who I think is actually good, so god knows how shite they think Johnston must be.

He’s brutal. Young, homegrown mentally challenged though. Maybe sense of delusions.

Clutching at straws indeed. It was julien when he was out and look what happened when he returned. theyre desperately seeking a quick fix that just ain't there.

Used to think Si Ferry knew what he was talking about but some of his shouts in recent weeks have made me think the total opposite

Derek Ferguson explaining to him why the Shane Duffy signing was never going to work and him struggling to grasp it was worrying

I fear for the youth of Peterhead if hes their hope

Used to think Si Ferry knew what he was talking about but some of his shouts in recent weeks have made me think the total opposite

Derek Ferguson explaining to him why the Shane Duffy signing was never going to work and him struggling to grasp it was worrying

To be fair, I thought Julien and Ajer could play, but were weak and easily bullied.

I think Duffy made sense. Big animal to attack the ball.

I find it odd they play with on the left. I’d have had him in the centre. Just attack anything.

Of course, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

He has been dreadful, which is great. :D

Si must think the thumb is fit and raring to go, he's constantly going on about playing him.

To be fair, I thought Julien and Ajer could play, but were weak and easily bullied.

I think Duffy made sense. Big animal to attack the ball.

I find it odd they play with on the left. I’d have had him in the centre. Just attack anything.

Of course, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

He has been dreadful, which is great. :D

I made the point on hear how it was a crazy signing and Derek Ferguson basically said the same word for word

Dinosaur defender that is used to playing with teams that sit in their own box and clear crosses all day moving to a team that dominate the ball in 99% of the games they play and play 30 yards further up the park

Watching their Right in the Coupon show.

Couple of hilarious shouts. McAvennie’s “get someone like Hartson in to help” hahahaha.

Slane trying to compare Celtic to Bayern last season also very funny, completely delusional.

Did laugh at Slane winding Motherwell fans up about running on his pitch/money.

Reactions: GR3
Watching their Right in the Coupon show.

Couple of hilarious shouts. McAvennie’s “get someone like Hartson in to help” hahahaha.

Slane trying to compare Celtic to Bayern last season also very funny, completely delusional.

Did laugh at Slane winding Motherwell fans up about running on his pitch/money.
I was in stitches with that hartson line. Hartson should be the manager not just into help ffs.

Watched Under the Cosh last night.

Luke Steele.

Pretty cool guy. Some good stories. Doesn’t take himself seriously either.
Excellent podcast , the Leon Knight one was good too,appears to be a complete banger but still quite funny, seemingly when he was at Sheffield Wednesday he was out partying so much they re-named him Neon Light.

Ferry was shouting for Di Canio to come in and replace treacle teeth .

That's been their story for the past few months. Remember we intially only bossed them at their shit-tip because they had players missing.

Everything would be alright once Edouard, Julien and Elhamed (no laughing) were back.

Now it's the no neck flasher and Mikey Johnston (who looks like he's won a competition to play half the time).

A lot of his shouts have always been off tbh. He's just up for a laugh but some of his opinions are random and wild.

"Rodri and McTominay never pass forward."

Think he just looked the smartest guy in the room when it was Slane and Kyle. Halliday has pulled him up for talking shite a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back