Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been watching the old ones. Mo Ross, Jig and Kevin Thomson, all great. Mo Ross insight to Rangers was great, said he didn't know football till he met Jan Wouters and was blown away.

Halliday seems to be a better mate to Slaney on it than Ferry is at times, leads in to his stories and plays the straight man to him, find Ferry tries to talk over them or throw a one liner in too much. Was a good change this week, jumped about a bit but covered the important stuff as well.

She was on social media a year or two ago saying she was back in Glasgow for the game vs them at hampden and was looking for a Rangers end ticket.
"Long shot but I'm back in Glasgow and looking for a cup final ticket, in with the good guys of course coz I'm simply the best"

Just been watching the old ones. Mo Ross, Jig and Kevin Thomson, all great. Mo Ross insight to Rangers was great, said he didn't know football till he met Jan Wouters and was blown away.

Mo comes across very well and seems quite a steely character. Very self assured, clearly believes in himself and doesn’t suffer fools gladly. I must admit, it was surprising and I didn’t expect him to be that sort of character.

Straight talkers are always an enjoyable listen. It’ll be interesting to see where his career takes him.

Was very good indeed.

I like them all they are very good together.

The guy Slane makes it i think at first he was trying too hard but has settled in well

Subscribed to this podcast after the recent results, lasted about 20 seconds when I realised it wasn't about football, bad week to start I guess. Seems odd timing to attract new fans when there is a lot of buzz and hysteria around Scottish football and folk like me wanting content. Could have been recorded and used as their Xmas special to give them a week off in the festive period.
0/10 but awful timing!
There ssome patter at the start, it's a good intro. Just skip parts of it if you want football chat. Many people like the banter.

Mo comes across very well and seems quite a steely character. Very self assured, clearly believes in himself and doesn’t suffer fools gladly. I must admit, it was surprising and I didn’t expect him to be that sort of character.

Straight talkers are always an enjoyable listen. It’ll be interesting to see where his career takes him.

Agreed, totally different from what I thought and went up a lot in my estimation. Talked about changing his formation each year as he could get a job with a team that can play one way and he doesnt know it. It might not work, but I like the thinking.

I thought Kyle was really good this week. Spoke a lot of sense. Slaney done well as host, Halliday brilliant as always.
Kyle his usual uneducated lump of wood borrowing opinions as he can barley string a sentence together

I honestly think KK is fine. Of course we can't all be full of the sharp patter, like Slaney and Ferry, but he sounds like a really decent guy.

I've only really started watching KTBOTG since Halliday appeared (I had watched a few of the interviews before), but really enjoying it!

How refreshing is it to see guys having a genuine banter between them; without any pretense about not supporting teams or trying to be overly "professional". Compare this to the shit put out from the Scottish mainstream media and it's night and day! Just made me think about the SSB clip posted on here the other day of Keevins saying your not allowed to support anyone when you work in the media.

I agree mate. I think the stick he gets is unwarranted and the last two weeks has illustrated that.
People are strange.
He's on a podcast, giving his opinion as an ex pro & having a laugh. He's a down to earth guy. So he's got an irritating accent, so what? Don't listen if you're not happy. People are judging it as if it's the f*cking Oscars.
I would rather listen to this where everyone has their colours nailed to the mast, have a bit of banter than Sportsound where they pretend to be impartial.

People are strange.
He's on a podcast, giving his opinion as an ex pro & having a laugh. He's a down to earth guy. So he's got an irritating accent, so what? Don't listen if you're not happy. People are judging it as if it's the f*cking Oscars.
I would rather listen to this where everyone has their colours nailed to the mast, have a bit of banter than Sportsound where they pretend to be impartial.

The dif with KK types and sportsound etc, he gives honest opinions even though he is a big celtc fan. The pundits cover their hatred by trying to sound impartial.

People are strange.
I would rather listen to this where everyone has their colors nailed to the mast, have a bit of banter than Sportsound where they pretend to be impartial.
That is why mainstream media is dying. Hugh Keevins and Chick Young still have jobs, and the papers are worse! People are going to these podcasts because they are more the fans experience of football. I actually think the fact the Keep it on the Ground boys are not all media trained makes it more amusing. It is just a bunch of mates taking about football, they way I would with my mates... less the Celtic fans of course!

I never, ever, ever thought I'd see the day where I'd find myself saying Kev Kyle spoke some sense on this podcast but actually I thought he was OK on this most recent one. Perhaps something to do with Si not being there to take the piss as much but he made some good points and was able to articulate them in adult English.

Still doing that stupid hand gesture right enough, as if he's giving a team talk.

I never, ever, ever thought I'd see the day where I'd find myself saying Kev Kyle spoke some sense on this podcast but actually I thought he was OK on this most recent one. Perhaps something to do with Si not being there to take the piss as much but some good points and was able to articulate them in adult English.

Still doing that stupid hand gesture right enough, as if he's giving a team talk.
Agree with this. I actually liked the panel this week and Kevin Kyle came out his shell and made some good points. Slaney is hilarious btw, I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I think he’s brilliant.

Agree with this. I actually liked the panel this week and Kevin Kyle came out his shell and made some good points. Slaney is hilarious btw, I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I think he’s brilliant.

Watching one from September with Barry and Kevin Kyle is good. Even slaney is very good with some of the questions he is asking.

Tone down the start bit where they banter and it would be better. Plenty of scope for banter in the football chat.

Best Kyle has been in a while. He's funny sometimes and takes by far the most stick and yet doesn't moan about it.

"Long shot but I'm back in Glasgow and looking for a cup final ticket, in with the good guys of course coz I'm simply the best"

I’m out.

Good looking, but no adult can write, coz.
Always thought that would be the done thing tbh. Any Rangers/Celtic player who votes for a player from the opposite side is for the watching.

Josh Windass probably did it.

I would imagine it’s the type of soft pish that Warburton would have encouraged.

McAvennie constantly interrupting was what I noticed yesterday.

Slaney did pretty well hosting both shows this week, looks like Ferry back on Tuesday.

What’s the story between Slaney and Curly toe Craigan?

Seems he has a genuine dislike of him. Not been watching for too long if it has been explained previously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back