Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely mate. He was also gibbering that Dundee Utd made us look “vulnerable”, they were up the pitch two or three times. Ridiculous nonsense.
I can’t remember much chances out with there goal which probably doesn’t go in 99 times out of 100. The second half you’ll be lucky if they had 20% possession too.

Happy to let them believe we are “vulnerable” or yet to play a “top team” yet. We’ve just got to keep ticking off those wins.

Big kev Kyle getting plenty digs in on Halliday and talking total rubbish about tav and united making us look vulnerable.

Kevin Kyle questioning if the keeper could of done better at Tav’s free kick what a tit

He mentioned the distance though, I dont think he was too derogatory and did say a few times it was a great free kick. Even Slaney said at that distance he would expect a keeper to save it, but because of the dip he had no chance.

He mentioned the distance though, I dont think he was too derogatory and did say a few times it was a great free kick. Even Slaney said at that distance he would expect a keeper to save it, but because of the dip he had no chance.
Kyle only changed tact and said the keeper had no chance as he knew the other two were going to have a pop at him for what he was going to say.

Would agree with this. He made a garbage point about how if you took away the wall, you'd expect the keeper to save it (this is such a pointless take given open play doesn't work like that and the context is entirely different).

I did think - as much as Tav's FK was incredible - the DU keeper was, like, half a yard to his left too much. Haven't watched it back so could be wrong. Maybe a Joe Lewis or the like gets a hand on it.

Would agree with this. He made a garbage point about how if you took away the wall, you'd expect the keeper to save it (this is such a pointless take given open play doesn't work like that and the context is entirely different).

I did think - as much as Tav's FK was incredible - the DU keeper was, like, half a yard to his left too much. Haven't watched it back so could be wrong. Maybe a Joe Lewis or the like gets a hand on it.
I dont think he gets a touch, I think it's the dip that does any keeper, the ball goes so high.

I dont think he gets a touch, I think it's the dip that does any keeper, the ball goes so high.
When our own support are supporting this kind of nonsense you have to wonder. 6 foot four keeper moves early, the ball dips from three feet above the bar! I’d love to see the shot speed too. I can handle Kyle trying to sprinkle negativity on our goals but when Rangers fans do it is really gets my goat!

See if you want a laugh, go to YouTube and Open Goal Podcast and listen to the Scottish Cup Final preview show and go to 55 minutes and play it on 0.5 x speed. Guy commented that it's like a couple of jakies talking in a pub. It's actually brilliant.

This is quite a common opinion amongst Liverpool fans down here.
Carragher is supporting his mate not us shocker, Liverpool fans supporting Gerrard not us shocker.
Who gives a %^*& who they support. When Gerrard goes to Liverpool or any other team then I'll be supporting Rangers.
I just don't get the love us mantra, if people tune in to watch us due to our high profile manager then that is a positive but do I care if they stop once he moves on. Nope.

Carragher is supporting his mate not us shocker, Liverpool fans supporting Gerrard not us shocker.
Who gives a %^*& who they support. When Gerrard goes to Liverpool or any other team then I'll be supporting Rangers.
I just don't get the love us mantra, if people tune in to watch us due to our high profile manager then that is a positive but do I care if they stop once he moves on. Nope.

I can’t work out if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with me here :D

As much as we like to think we’re English peoples “second” team, most of them down here genuinely don’t care about Scottish football. When Gerrard became our manager we got a lot of interest from Liverpool fans. Even the ones who had a “soft spot” for Celtic want to see Gerrard do well. He’s an icon down here, I’d compare him to the way Rangers fans remember/support Super Ally (as a player).

I can’t work out if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with me here :D

As much as we like to think we’re English peoples “second” team, most of them down here genuinely don’t care about Scottish football. When Gerrard became our manager we got a lot of interest from Liverpool fans. Even the ones who had a “soft spot” for Celtic want to see Gerrard do well. He’s an icon down here, I’d compare him to the way Rangers fans remember/support Super Ally (as a player).
Just giving you my thoughts mate and I agree with your comments although I'd say having a 'love in' can be left to that mob.
I've woke up grumpy every day since Wednesday, hopefully it changes tomorrow morning :)

Just giving you my thoughts mate and I agree with your comments although I'd say having a 'love in' can be left to that mob.
I've woke up grumpy every day since Wednesday, hopefully it changes tomorrow morning :)

The older guys down here tend to prefer us, I’ve even had a couple of them at Ibrox in the past couple of seasons.

Unfortunately most of the younger Liverpool fans have a preference for them.

Last edited:
Carragher is a scum bag and well suited to the mentally challengeds tbh!
Well seeing the coupon show was all back to laughing and joking after our result on Wednesday. May can’t come quick enough to put these tramps in their place.
No be hearing any Thunder then pizza face!!!!!

The older guys down here tend to prefer us, I’ve ever had a couple of them at Ibrox in the past couple of seasons.

Unfortunately most of the younger Liverpool fans have a preference for them.
I think it seems to be a generational thing re younger fans supporting they tramps. When I was at school 20 years ago there was lucky if there were 10 known celtic fans at my high school. At my sons primary non-denominational primary school it’s closer to 50/50. Sad but sign of the damage the last 10 years plus has happened to us and will effect us for some time.
The club really need to start to try and get younger support back IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back