Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did he say about DH?
Derek Ferguson had commented that this Christmas he would be thinking of people who he had lost this year and mentioned David Hagen who he had played with at Rangers and Falkirk.

McAvennie then said something along the lines of "I played at the same World Cup as Maradonna but you don't hear me going on about it" and then laughed at and clapped his own joke.

Derek Ferguson had commented that this Christmas he would be thinking of people who he had lost this year and mentioned David Hagen who he had played with at Rangers and Falkirk.

McAvennie then said something along the lines of "I played at the same World Cup as Maradonna but you don't hear me going on about it" and then laughed at and clapped his own joke.
What a gimp McAvennie is. If it wasn't for the 11 people that watch only an excuse these days, no one would even remember him.

Who is the wee weirdo who sits with the host. Haven't watched it much a part from a few of the bear ones but seen some clips on YouTube and there's a new guy on it and he doesn't seem the full shilling.

I watched a bit of it there and although I can understand why some people think Keirnan is mean - I think it’s just a case of he doesn’t suffer fools gladly. I got the same sort of vibe from the Carragher interview as well when Slaney was asking him ridiculous questions.

I quite like Slaney so this isn’t a dig but his type of patter will only get you so far with a certain audience. It doesn’t always translate.

Keirnan is probably a bit of a dick in real life but I don’t think there was any malice in it.

Got the same sort of vibe throughout this video that I got when Slaney asked Carragher if he used to hide in football matches.

The stuff between Ford and Slaney was probably all preplanned.

It was good but feels to me as if they are starting to get ideas above their station with the stitch up and the date with Laura Anderson. I feel as if they are trying to become Scotland’s answer to Ant and Dec

It was good but feels to me as if they are starting to get ideas above their station with the stitch up and the date with Laura Anderson. I feel as if they are trying to become Scotland’s answer to Ant and Dec

Not sure tbh. I found the bit where he asked him about the sketch to be so uncomfortable.

At Least Slaney chipped in. Kyle is such a waste of time in episodes like that. His pointless soundbites really wind me up for some reason — "your back in the game Slaney", "he's done his research" etc.

I thought it was ok last night nothing more.

Was expecting much better.

If they are going to make it a yearly thing they need to be better next time.

Is there an opportunity here for them to steal some Only an Excuse style NYE podcast?

I listened to OaE on the pod earlier. More enjoyable than watching it, for me.

Thought it was class. Keirnan did seem a bit annoyed at first but he clearly thought Slaney was trying to take the piss out him and just put him in his place. Slaney slaughters folk all the time so give it out take it back it’s banter. Kiernan rinsing Slaney at the end about trying on his sisters clothes had me in tears haha

I doubt it, Slane seemed shell-shocked and it was quite uncomfortable to watch at times. I think he was only half-joking too when he muttered 'you're getting done in' :D

I don't think Si was too pleased at how the show went, judging by the amount of times he visibly cringed towards the production team.

I doubt it, Slane seemed shell-shocked and it was quite uncomfortable to watch at times. I think he was only half-joking too when he muttered 'you're getting done in' :D

I don't think Si was too pleased at how the show went, judging by the amount of times he visibly cringed towards the production team.
I don't think Slane actually said he was getting done in if you watch it back. I did think the whole thing was a wee bit bizarre and slightly uncomfortable though

Can’t wait for the next episode of keeping the ball on the ground

They will be trying to ship some special guest in as we speak to take away from talking about the game

Hopefully this is on tomorrow as normal but I think will be later in week

I wonder if they will need to go back to Skype shows with he new lockdown from midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back