Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are taking the podcast way too seriously.

I watch it most weeks because it is light hearted. I rarely come away thinking I have gained some insight into anything. I like it for it's off the cuffness. Theres a million podcasts out there with geeks discussing analytical stuff surrounding football. This isn't that wnd and that is why I like it.

I'm really not taking it serious. I've got 11 posts in this thread, most of them coming in the last 6 hours, I'm merely just laughing at the nick of the comment about O'Neil.

This is why I've never watched or listened to this nonsense. I get it's supposed to be just some people talking about football, but the level of knowledge and common sense is brain damage level.

That O'Neil comment sums it up, the guy has been a failure at early every club he's been at since Villa, is a total football dinosaur.

Compare that to the tactics show on H&H with Adam and Ally who is iirc an actual football coach with knowledge, it's night and day.

Never watched or listened to the nonsense but goes onto say the level knowledge is not as good as the lads on H&H.

Brilliant B-D

The English podcast is terrible.

The Mike Dean chat was crap the first week and still getting churned out now

Considine was far better than I thought. Told his stories relatively well.

His best mate, mentioned in the opening clips, he’s a big Rangers fan and I think he might even post on here.

Who is Halliday talking about this week that is in the papers that tried to coach from the side?

Jimmy Bell?

Si ferry says he didn’t think he’d be a good appointment to take over Lennon this season as he wouldn’t handle the pressure but he’s going to do great

Makes sense
“Oh his teams were great, you couldn’t get near them”

I hope the rumour of them signing Cook is true aswell. He will make Shane Duffy look like Baresi:

missed this. very good shout.

he justified it by saying if we win it finishes tim season and they can start their rebuild. not the most articulate guy.
It makes no sense, the transfer window doesn't open until June so getting knocked out of the cup in April won't exactly speed things up

He’s beyond bad

He was also basically saying managing Bournemouth is the same as the poets but with more criticism

What the %^*& does that even mean

I think Wordsworth and T.S Eliot would be pretty critical.

Would imagine they'd have a few issues with word choices in the quartely employee performance reviews.

There’s a video kicking about YouTube of Eddie Howe Mic’ up while coaching. I remember Ferry in particular ripping into him when they were talking about it earlier in the season.

They were slagging him saying he just praised everything, even 5 yard passes and I’m positive it was part of their weekly “I hate football” rant on a football podcast.

Watched the start of this week’s show and now Howe is the saviour and all his teams that Ferry played against were all amazing.

There’s a video kicking about YouTube of Eddie Howe Mic’ up while coaching. I remember Ferry in particular ripping into him when they were talking about it earlier in the season.

They were slagging him saying he just praised everything, even 5 yard passes and I’m positive it was part of their weekly “I hate football” rant on a football podcast.

Watched the start of this week’s show and now Howe is the saviour and all his teams that Ferry played against were all amazing.
Ferry is a good host but comes across as utterly clueless when it comes to football which is bizarre given he’s a coach albeit in the lower leagues.

Turned it off this week after Kevin Kyle said it was a good draw for Celtic, but we'd win the tie. Makes zero sense in so many ways. Getting drawn away from home to the runaway champions and favourites for the tournament is a good draw? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back