Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit i was enjoying it this season as their chances of Terry Munro were falling apart by the week, but since the league has been won I have become a bit bored of it lately

I’m I losing the plot or did Kyle say it’s a good draw for Celtic

He also said we've won the 3 OF's so far this season, so pressure is on them to win it.

To be honest I've come to accept that whatever comes out of Kyle's mouth will more than likely just be utter toilet and anything insightful or interesting he does say is a minor bonus to the entertainment of the show.

He is clearly just intellectually challenged.

Last edited:
He also said we've won the 3 OF's so far this season, so pressure is on them to win it.

To be honest I've come to accept that whatever comes out of Kyle's mouth will more than likely just be utter toilet and anything insightful or interesting he does say is a minor bonus to the entertainment of the show.

I was willing to let that one slip and pretend we have :))

Often wonder if they pull him up after the show or just know he’s going to come out with rubbish

Saw on Twitter that Kyle was comparing Kamara's racist abuse to Christie getting slagged for booting the ball over the bar? That's brain-dead stuff. Hard to believe he has an aplogetic audience.

The other week he was saying Rooney of St johnstone should be given a go up front for Scotland, he was then told Rooney is a right back

Derek Ferguson thinks if we get an offer of 3,4,5m for Tav we'd take that and then play Patterson.

Our title winning captain who has 17 goals and 15 assists this season and Derek thinks we would sell him for 3-5 ''mullyin''!

This was in response to Simon saying we won't get the fee we want for a 29 year old. You see similar comments all the time now from the kerryfail financial experts as they frantically try and talk down the value of our players. Any player in their late 20's no longer has any value in their demented minds, you see them say the same for Goldson and Barisic too.

Mcavennie - doig needs to stay another year or 2 before going.

Also mcavennie - Patterson won't wait behind taverner he will probably want away.

The guy just contradicts himself

Tierney could go to Madrid or City.

Rangers won’t get the money they want for Tav.

Think I’m going to give this shite a miss from now on.
Don’t know why Ferry has it in his head that Zinchenko plays every week at left back for City, Cancelo has been playing there this season with Walker at right back. He or Mendy only play when Pep fucks about with his rotation.

Tierney is probably better than Arsenal tbf, problem is he's never fit to get a run of games. He'll be going nowhere unless that changes.

Don’t know why Ferry has it in his head that Zinchenko plays every week at left back for City, Cancelo has been playing there this season with Walker at right back. He or Mendy only play when Pep fucks about with his rotation.

Tierney is probably better than Arsenal tbf, problem is he's never fit to get a run of games. He'll be going nowhere unless that changes.
Real Madrid or Man City though? He is clearly a good player but that’s outrageous

Real Madrid or Man City though? He is clearly a good player but that’s outrageous
City aren’t spending however much arsenal would want for an injury prone player when they’ve so many left back options.

Real Madrid obviously not ffs :)

Don't think the Tierney shout is that wild. The three of them do, however, want to run a train on him.

Haven't really listened much of late. Feel like it's gone a bit stale. Even the novelty of Halliday has worn off.

Three C****c supporters who wanna talk about their team. Slaney”s showin’ how much he’s hurting recently. I’ve stopped watching,

It’s pish now. Got tickets to see them at the hydro as well and now Im no even arsed. If Kyle makes it to the hydro i would be surprised. Can’t believe the amount a folk that thinks he talks sense. After his latest disaster enough should be enough. Nice guy but not got two brain cells to rub together. Don’t know what it says about me that I bought a ticket that will force me to hear him speak though

It’s defo getting worse. Ferry seems to me to be the only one who actually watches Scottish football matches not involving us or that lot.
He can talk about Ross County players or Hamilton or whatever. Kevin Kyle and Slaney literally couldn’t name two players from either team, and they appear every week on a podcast about Scottish football.
It used to be a laugh but even that’s wearing thin.

It’s pish now. Got tickets to see them at the hydro as well and now Im no even arsed. If Kyle makes it to the hydro i would be surprised. Can’t believe the amount a folk that thinks he talks sense. After his latest disaster enough should be enough. Nice guy but not got two brain cells to rub together. Don’t know what it says about me that I bought a ticket that will force me to hear him speak though
I chucked it a few weeks ago as it’s just a celtic podcast which isn’t surprising considering who owns it and the panel of three scum fans.
I’d just beware of seeing them live. I know of a few bears who seen them live and said the crowd was just full of celtic fans singing celtic songs and put them off ever going to see them. I’d assume the Hydro would be ten times worse!

There’s no chance he’s getting cut before their gig at the hydro

I've turned off recently, was getting fed up with the same jokes being regurgated every week about Kyle and the JET,bus drivers, Slaley sex innuendos etc,all got a bit boring

Same, they need to make a decision if they want to be a real podcast or just mates having a laugh and knowing f all about football.

Saw on Twitter that Kyle was comparing Kamara's racist abuse to Christie getting slagged for booting the ball over the bar? That's brain-dead stuff. Hard to believe he has an aplogetic audience.
One of the most brain dead comments Ive ever heard.

Apologies lads, I would usually scan the thread to see if it had already been discussed, but 6 pints of Stella down & struggling to focus on the laptop screen :)...

Who do we reckon the ex Auchenhowie member of staff Halliday alluded to that tried to get involved with training/tactics despite it being nothing to do with his role?

Apologies lads, I would usually scan the thread to see if it had already been discussed, but 6 pints of Stella down & struggling to focus on the laptop screen :)...

Who do we reckon the ex Auchenhowie member of staff Halliday alluded to that tried to get involved with training/tactics despite it being nothing to do with his role?
Mark Allen

Gonna have to stop watching the ones with Mcavennie in them, became a lot more annoying for me. Talks a lot of shite most of the time, interrupts everyone and can't sit still on that stool, just fidgets about like a wee child, morthed into his Only an Excuse character.

I didn't realise that podcast was that big

It’s defo getting worse. Ferry seems to me to be the only one who actually watches Scottish football matches not involving us or that lot.
He can talk about Ross County players or Hamilton or whatever. Kevin Kyle and Slaney literally couldn’t name two players from either team, and they appear every week on a podcast about Scottish football.
It used to be a laugh but even that’s wearing thin.

Derek Ferguson is clearly clued up on, and an avid watcher of, Scottish football.

The problem is; any time he tries to talk about the game, he’s either interrupted, or spoken over, by McCavennie.

Derek Ferguson is clearly clued up on, and an avid watcher of, Scottish football.

The problem is; any time he tries to talk about the game, he’s either interrupted, or spoken over, by McCavennie.
100% @Livibear...

I know DF has his his faults but he'll be mid convo discussing a legitimate point & 9/10 McCavennie will speak over him with some generic pish such as "Aye but in oor day we just got on with it & didn't care about tactics etc"

Hate to lob every ex pro in to the same category but McCavennie really does come across a clueless dinosaur.

100% @Livibear...

I know DF has his his faults but he'll be mid convo discussing a legitimate point & 9/10 McCavennie will speak over him with some generic pish such as "Aye but in oor day we just got on with it & didn't care about tactics etc"

Hate to lob every ex pro in to the same category but McCavennie really does come across a clueless dinosaur.
Agreed on the OAE parody.

There is nothing wrong with tails of what happened in "my day" but you need to be able to talk about 'today' as well. He doesnt even watch any games, probably including the beggars in that!

Gonna have to stop watching the ones with Mcavennie in them, became a lot more annoying for me. Talks a lot of shite most of the time, interrupts everyone and can't sit still on that stool, just fidgets about like a wee child, morthed into his Only an Excuse character.
He's become like a pub bore, living in his own long-gone glory days, unable and unwilling to engage with a world that has moved on without him.

Despite all the opportunities football opened up for him, he's still just a ned and it's ridiculous for a man in his sixties to be making sexual innuendo as if he's still a 'player'.

There’s a video kicking about YouTube of Eddie Howe Mic’ up while coaching. I remember Ferry in particular ripping into him when they were talking about it earlier in the season.

They were slagging him saying he just praised everything, even 5 yard passes and I’m positive it was part of their weekly “I hate football” rant on a football podcast.

Watched the start of this week’s show and now Howe is the saviour and all his teams that Ferry played against were all amazing.

I hope he gets called out on that. In fact, if someone can find the footage from earlier in the season, I’ll do it myself.

Spill the beans then mate :D

If it's someone no longer at the club i'm sure it's not a huge deal to disclose.

If it's a semi respected figure there's no reason for people to hold a grudge....

If it's more sinister, people claiming to be "ITK" holding back is pretty pointless.

Stopped watching this a while ago.

Not acting staunch or anything just think it lost its spark.

Ferry is a good host but his opinions are shite for someone who is meant to be a football minded coach going through his badges.

Slaney’s patter just isn’t funny anymore.

The less said the better about Kevin Kyle.

I think Halliday is the best on it and he has good chemistry with Ferry. They should focus more on doing something with that.

I think they should mix it up with the guests a bit as it’s becoming a bit repetitive with the same patter over and over. I’m sure there are plenty of other entertaining guys they could get on and rotate the likes of Slaney, Kyle and McAvenie about a bit.

I was a big fan of this right from the very start.

I've not bothered in weeks though as the last few I haven't enjoyed. It seems to have moved away from interviews which is a bit mental.

Joe Worral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back