Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halliday and Ferry are actually quite good together.

I think there’s a bit of scope to split the podcast into two different versions, one a bit more serious and one a bit less serious and more “funny”.

Kevin Kyle was really good in the latest podcast.

Last edited:
Best episode in a while! Great mix between past stories, preview of the weekends game & humour.
Really don’t understand people’s constant moaning about the show. It’s not perfect but it’s a group of guys who are inexperienced in the media, making a go of bringing a bit of interest in the Scottish game. It’s 100% got me thinking more about other teams and players within the league & gives me a good laugh listening to it during work every Tuesday, no complaints here.
I watched videos of the best bits of Thomas gravason and best stories of do canio yesterday and was in tears at some of the stories. Great entertainment.

Watched the latest KTBOTG and it was 10x better without Slaney. Didn’t miss his usual terrible innuendos and “am to big fir aw that Si” patter. The other 3 could actually talk this week and tell good stories without being interrupted by the attention seeker.

Watched the latest KTBOTG and it was 10x better without Slaney. Didn’t miss his usual terrible innuendos and “am to big fir aw that Si” patter. The other 3 could actually talk this week and tell good stories without being interrupted by the attention seeker.

"Aw av messed up the question haven't ah Si. Av fucked it."

I’ve chucked Open Goal, PLZ and A view from the terrace as they can’t be impartial and their masked had slipped too many times.
I seen a clip of the Marvin Bartley interview and they’ve actually put the numbered kits as 6-2 behind him. So petulant and something the BBC would be proud of.
Only Rangers podcasts for me from now on!

I’ve chucked Open Goal, PLZ and A view from the terrace as they can’t be impartial and their masked had slipped too many times.
I seen a clip of the Marvin Bartley interview and they’ve actually put the numbered kits as 6-2 behind him. So petulant and something the BBC would be proud of.
Surely that’s not annoyed you :))

If ever there was an example of someone looking to be annoyed when watching Open Goal, it's this.

Totally agree. Sometimes (very occasionally) he says something funny but most of the time he spoils any kind of decent discussion. The sorties this week were good but wouldn’t have had an airing if he was on it.

I hope for your sake you are not a grown man

6 + 2 + 16 + 17 + 14 = 55

Last edited:
Marvin Bartley one is good. Slaneys so unnatural asking questions though, wonder if they’ve told him to start doing the interviews with Ferry so he gets a bit better at it. Every question he leads in with “see before we move on” or “see on this” feels so forced

Never watched a view from the terrace, but they can’t be that bad if they had a band full of bears on singing “the best” a few weeks ago.

hahahahahaha

I’m still 50/50 on this one :)

Brilliant. What is the other one talking about with the 6 2 kits behind him? Is he trying to say they are making reference to the 6-2 game under Wibble in a season we won the league??
And the Halliday shirt 16 must be a reference to the 6-2 game but casting doubt onto one of our goals? Those devious masterminds of Open Goal at it again. Lawell's son probably did it.

Brilliant. What is the other one talking about with the 6 2 kits behind him? Is he trying to say they are making reference to the 6-2 game under Wibble in a season we won the league??
Sadly we didn’t win the league that year, finished 15 points behind. Did beat them 5-1 in the reverse fixture in November

Did your carer type that for you while it foamed out your mouth?

After being fed up of this podcast last week i thought id give this week a go after seeing some good reviews on here. Really enjoyed Marvin Bartley’s interview, sounds a very decent guy and was refreshing to hear his thoughts on Robbie McRorie being the ultimate professional, have high hopes for the boy but a part of me was thinking he will never be our #1.

Always seems focused on what Celtic can do never really touched on just how shite they are at set pieces and over egging how they have played in last couple games against us

Again Ferry was suggesting Barisic is our weak link who Celtic can exploit. He does not rate Barisic and recently claimed he gets found out in Europe. I don't remember Borna having a bad game against Celtic. The fact we have conceded one legitimate goal against them in the last five Old Firms would suggest our backline has been solid against them.

Again Ferry was suggesting Barisic is our weak link who Celtic can exploit. He does not rate Barisic and recently claimed he gets found out in Europe. I don't remember Borna having a bad game against Celtic. The fact we have conceded one legitimate goal against them in the last five Old Firms would suggest our backline has been solid against them.
Yep he doesn’t rate Barasikkkkk or Helander at all. Indeed before the last game v them Celtic “have to play Griffiths up against Helander”. Aye I’m sure Swedish international first pick is shitting himself about the ghost of Leigh Griffiths which is masquerading as a footballer these days.

Yep he doesn’t rate Barasikkkkk or Helander at all. Indeed before the last game v them Celtic “have to play Griffiths up against Helander”. Aye I’m sure Swedish international first pick is shitting himself about the ghost of Leigh Griffiths which is masquerading as a footballer these days.

I think Borna struggles a little with pace running at him at times, especially when someone runs inside of him.

Not sure it’s an alarming weakness, but it’s worth highlighting.

Helander being a yard further across to narrow it would help.

It is an area that Tav and Goldson have improved massively in.

As much as I did not really mind the wackball Slaney who obviously has some issues the show this week was far better without him. Ferry needs to play to him most weeks and when it was concentrated on football rather than him and Frank's bedroom exploits it actually becomes insightful of all things.

The Marvin interview was good. He confirmed what many of us thought about Lennon, that he's a complete prick. His aggressive and bullying style of management just will not work longterm. Teams will usually get a boost when he comes in but eventually the players won't put up with his shite. Sounds like he was having bust up after bust up and has zero respect for anyone.

Simon's prediction that Celtic will identify Borna as the weak link didn't quite go to plan. It'll be interesting to see how he tries to make sense of their latest Old Firm defeat. My guess is the bulk of the chat will be about where it's gone wrong with Celtic and how they can make it better rather than how good a side we are. Celtic ''need to do the basics right'' will likely get several mentions from Simon.

Simon's prediction that Celtic will identify Borna as the weak link didn't quite go to plan. It'll be interesting to see how he tries to make sense of their latest Old Firm defeat. My guess is the bulk of the chat will be about where it's gone wrong with Celtic and how they can make it better rather than how good a side we are. Celtic ''need to do the basics right'' will likely get several mentions from Simon.
McGregor will be the difference and some other pish about Forrest these guys lack of knowledge of football is frightening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back