Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Slane asking should Aribo have been red carded for the penalty, clutching at straws wee man

I don't think it was a penalty at all, but see if the ref has given it then it's a decision to be made as surely the ref gave the foul for a push rather than a genuine attempt at the ball?

Si was getting ratty at Halliday calling Forrest out in regards to the Scotland squad.

I don't think it was a penalty at all, but see if the ref has given it then it's a decision to be made as surely the ref gave the foul for a push rather than a genuine attempt at the ball?

Si was getting ratty at Halliday calling Forrest out in regards to the Scotland squad.
Si has been ratty a few times this season :cool:

Im looking forward to watching this later on.

The ball was behind Griffiths and chest high. He would need to have somehow brought the ball under control, turned and got a shot away, with Davis also nearby.

It was very soft in relation to being a penalty, but no way was it a clear goal scoring opportunity worthy of a Red Card.

It was never a pen but he's given it, he should really be given a 2nd booking if it's given.
He would have been sent off if there was any chance of Griffiths getting the ball. There wasn’t. It was very soft, if anything Aribo giving him a nudge was unnecessary.

The ball was behind Griffiths and chest high. He would need to have somehow brought the ball under control, turned and got a shot away, with Davis also nearby.

It was very soft in relation to being a penalty, but no way was it a clear goal scoring opportunity worthy of a Red Card.

I don't think it was btw, I can see why a red wasn't given. However, I don't think it's the worst shout or argument I've heard on this episode never mind the show. If it was the other way round I think people would be questioning it.

Halliday brilliant here btw about the Super League

Stopped watching this a while ago.

Not acting staunch or anything just think it lost its spark.

Ferry is a good host but his opinions are shite for someone who is meant to be a football minded coach going through his badges.

Slaney’s patter just isn’t funny anymore.

The less said the better about Kevin Kyle.

I think Halliday is the best on it and he has good chemistry with Ferry. They should focus more on doing something with that.
I don’t think I could sit and watch it. I listen to it while I’m doing other things. Wee irritations are much less irritating that way.

Si’s chat, “Turnbull Turnbull” and he “thought Davis was quiet”. Hahaha good god

Slaney missing the point about the Super League which isn't a surprise. Saying about how the CL always favours the bigger clubs, which I understand, but you still have places and opportunities for other clubs to qualify and compete. It's not perfect but it's not a closed shop which is literally the point of the Super League.

No comment about Turnbull’s non existent work on the ‘other side of the game’ that they keep going on about. Check his run back before the first goal - pathetic.

Also Mourinho for Celtic hahaha. Jokers.

First time I tried listening to this, gave up because of the accents and everybody trying to speak over one another! Brutal compared to other podcasts. Slow the fück down guys and speak the Queen's English.

Used to be a great listen, would watch/listen every week. Went right off it after the first OF game this season, their mask slipped in my opinion. Hasn’t been the same since we have resorted to our age old habit of smashing the mentally challengeds. Hope they’re hurting.

So he has an opinion that’s different from yours so that makes it wrong? He’s a footballer. They see things differently than supporters.
Not at all the poster asked what Halliday said that we’d disagree with and that was an answer to that question.

to get into the point of what Halliday said, we are miles ahead of them, we shouldn’t take our eye off the ball and be arrogant like they were but it doesn’t change the fact we are well in front of them and will rightly start next season as overwhelming favourites.

Si’s chat, “Turnbull Turnbull” and he “thought Davis was quiet”. Hahaha good god

Some of his shouts this season have been nonsense.

The stuff about getting Griffiths in the team was sounding more desperate by the week.

See in fairness when guys talk on a podcast for an hour every week they tend to say things you don’t agree with at some point over the course of a full season as well as shouts you will agree with

Ferrys love in with Turnbull is fucking embarrassing.

Decent enough episode apart from his Celtic arse licking.

I don’t really get the hate for Ferry and the “mask slipping” comments. He always seems to be quite fair to me.

He does have a bit of a blind spot for Turnbull but I’m sure everyone has a bit of a blind spot for a player or two.

I don’t really get the hate for Ferry and the “mask slipping” comments. He always seems to be quite fair to me.

He does have a bit of a blind spot for Turnbull but I’m sure everyone has a bit of a blind spot for a player or two.

The hate is purely down to the fact he played for them and has leanings towards them. It’s why most on here will hold some sort of bitterness towards these folk which is fair enough if your goal in life to climb up the staunchometer.

Si for sure has some blind spots though, although I actually agree to an extent Turnbull is a promising talent for them. I struggle to buy into the hype around thumbheid though, he is vastly over-rated IMO.

I don’t hate Ferry. He just doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about when it comes to football and tactics. He’s a good interviewer / host though.

Kyle bemoans strikers who don’t hold up play etc in this day in age, but Morelos did exactly that on Sunday, but he was quiet and not involved. He was involved in the second goal.

Slaney asking if Aribo should’ve been sent off for the penalty haha.

The Turnbull love in is bizarre, has he done anything of note all season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back