Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not as good as last weeks but didn’t think it was to bad. Thought they should have discussed Shagger though

The hate is purely down to the fact he played for them and has leanings towards them. It’s why most on here will hold some sort of bitterness towards these folk which is fair enough if your goal in life to climb up the staunchometer.

Si for sure has some blind spots though, although I actually agree to an extent Turnbull is a promising talent for them. I struggle to buy into the hype around thumbheid though, he is vastly over-rated IMO.

It’s something I’ve never understood. If I wanted to listen to pro Rangers podcast (which I do) I’d go to heart and hand or similar. If I’m listening to a podcast with a Celtic fan on it then I understand he’s going to have a slightly different point of view from me at times.

Turnbull is the new Rogic. Capable of the spectacular but has the fitness and athleticism of an 80 year old.

I don’t hate Ferry. He just doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about when it comes to football and tactics. He’s a good interviewer / host though.

I think he makes some good points at times but his points might look a bit better because he’s on a podcast with Slaney and Kevin Kyle.

My problem with Ferry is that on other podcasts he comes across as smart, and understands the game and that his lack of mentality cost him. Which shows when he’s on open goal the infallibility of certain Celtic players in his eyes couldn’t be more obvious as an act. He can be good, he’s choosing not to to keep favour with the Celtic support

I also don’t know how anyone could have watched that latest podcast, listened to Halliday argue the case for Nathan Patterson being in the Scotland squad, and still think he’s pandering to the rest of them.

Guy is steeped in blue, he loves rubbing their noses in it when we win.

It was never a pen but he's given it, he should really be given a 2nd booking if it's given.
It’s only a card if he’s denied a clear goal scoring opportunity. Seeing as the ball was behind sniffiths and he wasn’t getting anywhere the ball it wasn’t a goal scoring opportunity hence why only the pen.

Bit too much of a Celtic podcast this week.

Zero credit, other than Halliday, given to Rangers. Turnbull better than Davis at the weekend, Ridiculous.

James Forrest at right back for Scotland ahead of Nathan Patterson, again ridiculous.

Kevin Kyle didn’t annoy me as much this week so every cloud...he was spot on regarding Patterson.

Too much about Celtic again.
Podcast got a bit better when they where speaking about the ESL.
They need to have a better balance, we are the champs after all.

I don’t mind it but it undoubtedly sees everything through a Celtic lens

Very little credit for us, spend much more time telling everyone how you can get at us rather than praising us yet last few seasons has been all about how fantastic Celtic are when they were winning a league

The Griffiths and turnbull stuff is cringeworthy as well

Ferry saying Davis was quiet at weekend yet blowing smoke up Turnbulls arse probably sums up where they are

3 of them are hurting badly

I like the podcast. Slane is a complete roaster, but the rest are just like a bunch of mates who support different teams talking football. Halliday speaks very well about Rangers and doesn't hide his allegiances at all. This weeks wasn't great admittedly.

To much celtic are poor etc, very little credit for what rangers have done. Quite frankly on sunday we decided the game was going to be 2 0, had they scored we would have gone up and got another.

As for kyle he really does come across poorly at times, he was doing pundit work on the hibs game but struggled to name players on the podcast

You just know next time Ferry if he is ever in Griffiths company is gonna be telling him did you hear me bigging you up on my show I love you griff your the man griff you need to start griff.

Embarrassing fan boy stuff every time thumb gets mentioned.
All over a guy that’s milked a wage for nearly 4 years whilst doing nothing

Si ferry says Celtic would not be 20 points behind if Griffiths had started every game

I think that's true, but the reason he couldn't start was because he wasn't fit. He's a better striker than Klimala and Ajeti so it's not a stretch to think he would have given them a better chance.

Why? Thread is just full of people disagreeing with every opinion on it unless it's Rangers related but not exactly offering anything constructive themselves.

Please tell me what Hibs have ever achieved in Europe to make me think they can do well next season?

Can you also show me the style of play that they have which suits European football?

please and thanks

They’ll get put out in the qualifiers as per usual. Part time Dundalk put the likes of Hibs, Aberdeen, Hearts to shame by making the group stages this season. IMO of course

I agree mate, I don't think they are good enough especially at the back. I think Ferry said they have the right style is because they have Boyles pace on the break but I don't think they are good enough defensively to soak up pressure then take their chances on the break.

Just find this thread a tough read with every single opinion slaughtered but no one actually saying any reason why they disagree with it.

Please tell me what Hibs have ever achieved in Europe to make me think they can do well next season?

Can you also show me the style of play that they have which suits European football?

please and thanks
I disagree with what he said, I don't think they are good enough to soak it up and hit on the break. My point was that the thread is full of posters just saying how terrible the panels opinions are without giving any sort of reason why they disagree with it.

I disagree with what he said, I don't think they are good enough to soak it up and hit on the break. My point was that the thread is full of posters just saying how terrible the panels opinions are without giving any sort of reason why they disagree with it.

I never thought I would have to go into specifics to confirm why someone is talking shite when they state Hibs style of play suits European football

My bad

Halliday has had a strange turn recently on Clyde1 with the Morelos pen wouldn’t back down even when shown he was wrong and he was brought down. Also on open goal is not been the way he started on it and imo he might be a little bitter at being shown the door and then we win the title! I hope it’s not the case and he is conforming to get a media gig in Scotland and that’s just as bad.

I never thought I would have to go into specifics to confirm why someone is talking shite when they state Hibs style of play suits European football

My bad

It's not just that though. You posted just before it about Griffiths. Do you not think they would have been better off with a striker who has shown far more in his small amount of game time than Ajeti and Klimala?

It's not just that though. You posted just before it about Griffiths. Do you not think they would have been better off with a striker who has shown far more in his small amount of game time than Ajeti and Klimala?

How many games has Ajeti and Klimala played in comparison to Griffiths?

you are making it out like these two have been starting while Griffiths has been left to rot

I don’t know the stats and don’t really care but I’d be willing to bet a lot of money on it more likely being the other way around

What has Griffiths done in the last 3 seasons to suggest that if he played he’d have got Celtic closer to rangers?

Why? Thread is just full of people disagreeing with every opinion on it unless it's Rangers related but not exactly offering anything constructive themselves.
I’ve been on this regularly throughout the season calling out Ferry’s utter bullshit when it comes to his opinions on football. It’s already been said about his fascination with Griffiths. Before the last OF game at Sharkheid he said “you have to start Griffiths v Helander.” Lol. Then you have his nonsense from earlier in the week on how Turnbull was one of the best players on the pitch while Davis ‘never really did much’. Another classic off the top of my head this season include saying he’d play James Forrest at right back when he gets back from injury - that was when ‘the diamond’ was the revolutionary system that was going to haul Celtic back into the title race - that lasted a couple of weeks before he was asking “what top teams play the diamond” like what most people were saying as soon as they tried it. Now nonsense on the latest one from him on his Hibs’ style is suited to Europe on yet another pod of ‘what went wrong for Celtic’ that doesn’t acknowledge that we never got out of second gear and are streets ahead of them in all departments.

I like him when he does the interviews with ex players but he’s getting worse and worse as this season goes on with his opinions on the game. He’s absolutely clueless

you are making it out like these two have been starting while Griffiths has been left to rot

I don’t know the stats and don’t really care but I’d be willing to bet a lot of money on it more likely being the other way around

What has Griffiths done in the last 3 seasons to suggest that if he played he’d have got Celtic closer to rangers?
Ajelti 29 game - 6 goals
Griffiths 20 games - 6 goals
Klimala 23 games - 3 goal

Ajeti and Klimala have been absolute failures while Griffiths has already shown in the last few years that he can contribute to a title winning club.

I’ve been on this regularly throughout the season calling out Ferry’s utter bullshit when it comes to his opinions on football. It’s already been said about his fascination with Griffiths. Before the last OF game at Sharkheid he said “you have to start Griffiths v Helander.” Lol. Then you have his nonsense from earlier in the week on how Turnbull was one of the best players on the pitch while Davis ‘never really did much’. Another classic off the top of my head this season include saying he’d play James Forrest at right back when he gets back from injury - that was when ‘the diamond’ was the revolutionary system that was going to haul Celtic back into the title race - that lasted a couple of weeks before he was asking “what top teams play the diamond” like what most people were saying as soon as they tried it. Now nonsense on the latest one from him on his Hibs’ style is suited to Europe on yet another pod of ‘what went wrong for Celtic’ that doesn’t acknowledge that we never got out of second gear and are streets ahead of them in all departments.

I like him when he does the interviews with ex players but he’s getting worse and worse as this season goes on with his opinions on the game. He’s absolutely clueless

I also disagree with all they points he made, especially about Forrest. I think he talks a lot of shite a lot of the time too. It's just boring as %^*& to constantly read from a lot of people just taking the piss out of what they are saying but not willing to offer any reason why. I'm sure you've seen on match threads too for example someone being slaughtered for offering an opinion by someone who offers nothing up themselves.

Still enjoy the pod but Slaney should be a sporadic guest rather than every show. He‘s a funny guy but for a boy who’s played the game at a decent level he is clueless about football. He stumbles through every show making obvious and basic tactical observations while Ferry gives him a pat on the back for knowing the offside rule.
Halliday isn’t going to be as staunch as he was without a club. Let’s not turn him into another Barry Ferguson because he’s not on there calling them f*nian bastards.

Halliday has had a strange turn recently on Clyde1 with the Morelos pen wouldn’t back down even when shown he was wrong and he was brought down. Also on open goal is not been the way he started on it and imo he might be a little bitter at being shown the door and then we win the title! I hope it’s not the case and he is conforming to get a media gig in Scotland and that’s just as bad.
Halliday absolutely loves Rangers. He is allowed to have a different opinion to others.

He says things i dont agree with but doesnt mean hes bitter. I dont for a second think he panders to anyone. He’s fairly opinionated.

Halliday absolutely loves Rangers. He is allowed to have a different opinion to others.

He says things i dont agree with but doesnt mean hes bitter. I dont for a second think he panders to anyone. He’s fairly opinionated.

I never said he didn’t love Rangers but he has turned his tone re Morelos was a eye opener and yet said Ajeti was a pen lol.

Just my opinion he’s a lot different now.

Still enjoy the pod but Slaney should be a sporadic guest rather than every show. He‘s a funny guy.
I don’t think he’s funny at all.

I tolerated him when he was on occasionally but since someone decided he was a ‘character’ and foisted him upon us weekly I’ve given up on what was a decent football podcast.

He’s an unfunny halfwit who adds nothing of any value in terms of analysis or entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back