Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Kal Naismith, fucking hell it’s one of the funniest ones I’ve listened to. He should be on more often.

“I’m putting everyone notice once I get my hair back, you’ve got 6 months, either put a ring on your Mrs finger the now, I’m no saying if she sees me at the bar with a full quiff her heid will no be turned…

second option, and this is the one I’d go with… finish with her” B-D

Went to it yesterday was a good day out with the boys but little disappointed they only spent about 15 minutes on stage but ah well.
It was decent while they were out though slaneys a crackpot

You'd think Slaney might have bothered to learn the words to the chorus of 'Yes sir, I can Boogie' by now.

It's not hard ffs!

Halliday clearly thinks Slane talks shite. Barely even looks at him.
I often try to listen to this podcast but I find it so inarticulate that I usually give up.
I would call Slaney a moron, but that would give him equality with other earthly morons and I don't actually believe his alien garble deserves such.

I often try to listen to this podcast but I find it so inarticulate that I usually give up.
I would call Slaney a moron, but that would give him equality with other earthly morons and I don't actually believe his alien garble deserves such.
Check out Slane's stats as a player.

It's almost impossible to have been at so many clubs and made so few appearances.

Either the most injured player ever or, more likely, just pegged as a waster as soon as he gets over the door.

Check out Slane's stats as a player.

It's almost impossible to have been at so many clubs and made so few appearances.

Either the most injured player ever or, more likely, just pegged as a waster as soon as he gets over the door.
It's a bit of both. He's spoke about it a lot, he had injuries but he also couldn't deal with the pressure and was 'injured' more than he actually was.

T
Kevin Kyle immediately back tracking after Tony Watt defended O’Donnell.

He is a bang average SPFL right back. Shite going forward decent at defending.
The S O’d stuff today was embarrassing, you don’t need to bad mouth the guy but you can say he’s bang average and had a shocker.

If Watt takes offence then that’s his fault for being a hunk.

PS his story about standing upto someone is almost certainly exaggerated, I know plenty of folk who know him, a hard man he is not.

T

The S O’d stuff today was embarrassing, you don’t need to bad mouth the guy but you can say he’s bang average and had a shocker.

If Watt takes offence then that’s his fault for being a hunk.

PS his story about standing upto someone is almost certainly exaggerated, I know plenty of folk who know him, a hard man he is not.
Was it Liam Craig he was talking about? The way he was describing the player about being respected and experienced made me think it was him?

Was it Liam Craig he was talking about? The way he was describing the player about being respected and experienced made me think it was him?

Not sure mate.

Yet again, the staunch fun sponges hijack an Open Goal thread...

If I hated something that much or cared that Lawwells son is involved I'd just give it a miss.

There's 100's of things in both the Bear Pit & Lounge that I have zero interest in, but I've never felt the need to read them, let alone bore the folk in the threads about how much I hate the issue they're discussing :))

It's a bit of both. He's spoke about it a lot, he had injuries but he also couldn't deal with the pressure and was 'injured' more than he actually was.

I always thought listening to him that it was more a mental thing. Possibly depression, anxiety etc. He said he really struggled with it all.

Last couple of daily ones they’ve made a big point of stressing for those attending, drop the old firm “banter” we are all in this together etc

Then today’s episode they’ve confirmed Scotland legend Leigh Griffiths is on Fridays live show!

Any Gers fans going, you know what to do……

Mate, why do you pop in and say this every few weeks? Nobody cares.
Well they should care.

There are two shareholders which own the company which produces Open Goal - one is owned by Lawwell’s son, the other is owned by Mark Guidi.

so, you’ve got a show owned and operated and directed by Celtic fans. If you can’t see a problem with that then you are the problem.

Well they should care.

There are two shareholders which own the company which produces Open Goal - one is owned by Lawwell’s son, the other is owned by Mark Guidi.

so, you’ve got a show owned and operated and directed by Celtic fans. If you can’t see a problem with that then you are the problem.
Hahaha aye no bother. Pure dead raging about that so I am. What a problem I am because I can have a laugh watching a show owned by a Celtic fan. Grow up FFS.

Well they should care.

Have you ever listened to / watched the podcasts? I'd bet the answer is no or very rarely. You have bears here saying it's balanced, plenty of Rangers coverage, ex players and guests and loads of praise for our successes. And some genuine comedy moments and insightful interviews with ex players/managers (McCoist, Warburton, Halliday and many more).

H&H is my go to podcast for news and discussion of our club but I think Open Goal is also entertaining. I'm definitely not part of any problem

Last couple of daily ones they’ve made a big point of stressing for those attending, drop the old firm “banter” we are all in this together etc

Then today’s episode they’ve confirmed Scotland legend Leigh Griffiths is on Fridays live show!

Any Gers fans going, you know what to do……
I never have and never will be in anything together with that lot.

Have you ever listened to / watched the podcasts? I'd bet the answer is no or very rarely. You have bears here saying it's balanced, plenty of Rangers coverage, ex players and guests and loads of praise for our successes. And some genuine comedy moments and insightful interviews with ex players/managers (McCoist, Warburton, Halliday and many more).

H&H is my go to podcast for news and discussion of our club but I think Open Goal is also entertaining. I'm definitely not part of any problem
Very true. The Craig Moore interview from a while ago for example is superb.

Well they should care.

Can you explain what the problem is with people watching this?

It's a good laugh at times and people enjoy it. What more is there to it?

Well they should care.

So is Boyd Ferguson Halliday gough weir mccoist to name a few ‘the problem’ then given they have been on it?

Surprised the thread hasn't been deleted... Fine put your opinion on that you don't agree with it or like it once or twice, but the way it comes across is as if this is a nanny state. If you don't like it that's your prerogative, but stop telling others what they should and shouldn't watch or like.

Well they should care.

Five Stars “official Rangers events partner of Rangers FC” are partly owned by Mark Guidi. Are Rangers FC the problem also?

Have enjoyed the Euros podcasts tbh - much better when its just wee short, sharp episodes. The best part of Open Goal is when they are allowed to tell their stories tbh, the tactics stuff is not my bag.

Was interested to hear their plea regarding Griffiths. Not having been at SWG3 for any of the shows, I would imagine that the amount of non Bears vastly outnumber Bears? Maybe they're worried that if he gets a bit of stick then he'll give a bit back and before you know it he's gone viral.

Can you explain what the problem is with people watching this?

It's a good laugh at times and people enjoy it. What more is there to it?

I'm a little perplexed myself.

I could understand if they were using the show as a vehicle to peddle pro-celtic anti-Rangers nonsense but they don't, in fact they frequently have ex-Rangers players on the show defending our club against the tims on it.

It's basically just a bunch of mates talking about football, there is nothing sinister or bitter about it IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back