Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crouchy

I know there are various views from Ferry being insufferable, to lining the pockets of Peter, but that aside, there are some fans of it on here.

I enjoyed Fod last week - thought he was very honest.

Up this week, Lambert.

Did I hear he was a Rangers fan as a kid?

First time I’ve listened at length to him. Surprised just how arrogant he is. (He’s won the Champions League, but felt like he now views himself as a great).

Interesting interview. Scottish guy abroad stuff was a decent listen.

He doesn’t think Rangers are mentally tough enough to win the league in the coming season.

Guess many of us harbour the same concerns. Hearing it from mentally challengeds makes the desire even greater though.

Going on our two previous seasons your second last comment coming from an ex good pro even a mentally challenged tells it all, I don’t think we can go toe to toe we’ll crumble we would need them to have a few disasters and pull away in a healthy lead to win it.

I don’t think the squad we have at the minute has the mentality to win the league, it’s sad but it’s true.

I know there are various views from Ferry being insufferable, to lining the pockets of Peter, but that aside, there are some fans of it on here.

Up this week, Lambert.

First time I’ve listened at length to him. Surprised just how arrogant he is. (He’s won the Champions League, but felt like he now views himself as a great).

He doesn’t think Rangers are mentally tough enough to win the league in the coming season.

Guess many of us harbour the same concerns. Hearing it from mentally challengeds makes the desire even greater though.

Might be wrong but I think he said “Do this Rangers team have the mental character to win the league? I’m not so sure”

Soemthing along those lines and words we would probably all agree with. He never said anything about what we’ll be like after our transfer business is finished.

And yes he was a Rangers Supporter growing up. The only evidence you need to show that is the fact that Simon never even asked the question.
I imagine Lambert had requested this before the interview to save any abuse from the scum fans.

Listened to it yesterday and I agree he seems to have a high opinion of himself. The way he went on you would think he had the career and stature of a Keane, Viera, Gerrard or Lampard.

Tin hat on I enjoy the open goal stuff. Only 1's I thought were knobs were John Hartson and Paul Lambert.

Surprisingly enjoyed Aiden Mcgeady 1 and I can't stand him

Up this week, Lambert.

He was on Keys and Gray last week and said the same Andy said we’ll see and it depends on signings.

I've listened to a few of his pods. He seems to be able to coax answers out of guys that media guys simply can't. Similar thing happens with Fan media, players relax once they realise they aren't going to be taken out of context by the guy who is doing the interviewing. Nothing will be sensationalised.

Mostly listen to the Rangers players interviews but the Thomas Gravesen stories are pretty funny.

I enjoy Ferry's stuff, nothing against him at all. Always look forward to his one on one interviews no matter who the guest is.

Kevin Kyle and Slaney are the pits though, why he's allowed these two bozo's in I'm really not sure.
The two extras bring absolutely nothing to the table at all.

Watched a few and actually quite enjoyed it, Fod I thought was good, also watch the Derek Ferguson and Durrant one, I know Ferry is one of them but he's a million times more refreshing than that creature who host that PLZ s5ite. What I will say is the sooner someone rattles 5 rapid on that fud Slaneys jaw the better.

Yeah the Durrant/Ferguson interview was great, by far the best one he’s done

I don't normally listen to mentally challengeds on this but started to listen as i knew of him in his younger days. I gave it around an hour until he started talking about his transfer to that mob. Must admit he does have an interesting story to tell about his time in Germany.
His dad was a big Rangers fan.

I don’t mind Ferry at all to be honest. He lets the guests speak which is half the battle rather than butting in all the time.

Think I’ll give the Lambert one a miss though.

Yeah the Durrant/Ferguson interview was great, by far the best one he’s done
The Jimmy Nic interview was as good as any iv heard on any podcast. Had me smiling too and from work in the car. Also really enjoyed McPake the Dundee managers interview.

I don’t mind Ferry at all to be honest. He lets the guests speak which is half the battle rather than butting in all the time.

Think I’ll give the Lambert one a miss though.

Lambert one was actually pretty good. His journey to Dortmund was quite something and he spoke pretty respectfully about us, didn't come across as a bitter one at all.

Enjoyed the one with Tubes yesterday.

Kevin Kyle is really really shite. Hasn't got a clue and changes his opinion by how the conversation is going.
Starting to bore me tbh. Even he doesn’t believe anything he says. Useless.

Kevin Kyle is really really shite. Hasn't got a clue and changes his opinion by how the conversation is going.

Kyle is murder. Brings nothing to do the table, his knowledge of football seems limited and his patter is shite.

Tubes is good I watch his own YouTube channel which can be a decent watch. Seems like a good guy who's turned his life around.

the matt Ritchie one was great

si gets fantastic guests and just lets them talk. Great way to kill 2 hrs

I know what you mean, he did refer to it constantly but to be fair, if I had beaten Juventus in the Champions League final, I wouldn’t shut up about it.

A boy that was slugging out at Fir Park the season before, up against Deschamps, Zidane and Del Piero in the Champions League Final and coming out on top.

It's a mental story.

I quite like watching them. I don't mind Si Ferry as he lets the punters talk. I prefer the interviews with just him rather than that annoying twat Slane. Big Kyle is just a thick lump of wood.

Watched a few and actually quite enjoyed it, Fod I thought was good, also watch the Derek Ferguson and Durrant one, I know Ferry is one of them but he's a million times more refreshing than that creature who host that PLZ s5ite. What I will say is the sooner someone rattles 5 rapid on that fud Slaneys jaw the better.
I know he played for them but I’m sure he doesn’t support them

Not sure why they keep Kevin Kyle about. I fucking detest Slaney.

I can’t watch the other stuff. Enjoy the interviews though.

He should ditch those two and revamp the other parts slightly.

Can't stand Lambert so won't watch this. Did he mention Albertz knocking his teeth down his throat?

I love all the shows they put out & I know I'll get Pelters for saying it, but I don't mind Kevin Kyle & Paul Slane either.

Some of the patter is a bit cringey, their Football knowledge is minimal at best & I agree with the poster who mentioned KK is constantly contradicting himself but it shouldn't be taken too seriously.

All that being said, it would be an unwatchable car crash if not for Si Ferry keeping it all together.

The Big Wes one was excellent, especially his Di Canio impressions.

I never really got Slaney at first but I do actually find him quite funny on occasions now. Kev Kyle in the other hand I can’t take to at all.

Not sure why they keep Kevin Kyle about. I fucking detest Slaney.

I can’t watch the other stuff. Enjoy the interviews though.

He should ditch those two and revamp the other parts slightly.

They wouldnt have sold out the Hydro if it wasnt for Slaney.. watch the tenants live shows and you'll see its Slaney that gets the crowd going and keeps everyone laughing for the hour.

Hes an absolute muppet but at least he contributes to the podcast unlike Kyle.

They wouldnt have sold out the Hydro if it wasnt for Slaney.. watch the tenants live shows and you'll see its Slaney that gets the crowd going and keeps everyone laughing for the hour.

Hes an absolute muppet but at least he contributes to the podcast unlike Kyle.

Exactly, I'm absolutely certain there'll be many more on here who enjoy Slaneys daftness but don't want to admit it on FF as it isn't staunch.

Many of the posters on these weekly Open Goal threads remind me of a boy I used to work with.

When Limmys show first came on TV around 2010 on Monday nights he would come in every Tuesday morning & rant about how shite/unfunny it was.

Why do people continuously watch something they clearly don't enjoy?

It would be like me watching every episode of Miranda, Mrs Browns Boys or Citizen Khan just so i can moan about how shite they are.

Exactly, I'm absolutely certain there'll be many more on here who enjoy Slaneys daftness but don't want to admit it on FF as it isn't staunch.

:D

Staunchness?

So I listen to an ex mentally challenged Youth player, funded by their CEO’s son, but my only staunch view kicks in on listening to another mentally challenged?

Slaney is like that irritating, coked up ned, hammering buckfast whilst screaming random obscenities at the game.

I really enjoy the interviews. I can’t stomach the other shows, sadly.

:D

Staunchness?

So I listen to an ex mentally challenged Youth player, funded by their CEO’s son, but my only staunch view kicks in on listening to another mentally challenged?

Slaney is like that irritating, coked up ned, hammering buckfast whilst screaming random obscenities at the game.

I really enjoy the interviews. I can’t stomach the other shows, sadly.

It wasn't aimed at yourself or others who have posted they don't like him...

I just reckon there will be people on here reading the thread that secretly find him funny, but don't want to admit it on here as they'll be accused of sucking mentally challenged cock :))

Clearly you're not one of them as you've said you enjoy the Si Ferry interviews but not KTBOTG etc.

I enjoy Ferry's stuff, nothing against him at all. Always look forward to his one on one interviews no matter who the guest is.

Kevin Kyle and Slaney are the pits though, why he's allowed these two bozo's in I'm really not sure.
I can’t get my head round him having those 2 on, the Slaney guy is unbearable. The one on one stuff he does is usually decent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back