Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sky is the limit for Si Ferry absolute natural at this type of stuff.

Keep meaning you listen to him on go radio to see what hes like when has to reign it in a bit

Honestly felt bad when Shinnie was talking about how he got slaughtered after that Kazakhstan game. He'd put everything into his career to get to that point and seems a proper decent guy. Just shows you that fans don't know half of what's going on most of the time. Strachan's preperation sounded clueless.

McLeish was it not?

Been enjoying the Open Goals recently now that they can actually get together for the KTBOTG ones. Agreed Kyle doesn't offer much.

1st time I've listened to it. Found it entertaining. Bit weird with their Scotland selections, Steven Fletcher up front and Ryan Jack at right back, makes you weep that football professionals think like this. Overall a good laugh though.

Andy Reid on today, will listen tomorrow. Not usually a massive fan of the guests with no link to Scottish football.

Si Ferry effortlessly listens to people on it and comes up the perfect questions in between. Sometimes it looks like he isnt concentrating but manages to get the extra info out of them that is good insight.

I wonder if they are at the stage where they are finding out how to patch Kevin Kyle
As limmy would say.

That accent

I actually don’t think Kevin Kyle is as bad as whats made out on here. He just seems to be the new whipping boy.

Open goal used to get slaughtered on here when it was just Si. With every post “how’s the dressing room“ patter

Then slaney got it, now it’s Kevin Kyle.

Overall you're not listening to it for insight into tactics, like you’d expect from a Guardiola masterclass.

It’s just a nice change to get a wee bit of different perspective from footballers with a bit of banter you’d have with your mates thrown in.

I actually don’t think Kevin Kyle is as bad as whats made out on here. He just seems to be the new whipping boy.

Open goal used to get slaughtered on here when it was just Si. With every post “how’s the dressing room“ patter

Then slaney got it, now it’s Kevin Kyle.

Overall you're not listening to it for insight into tactics, like you’d expect from a Guardiola masterclass.

It’s just a nice change to get a wee bit of different perspective from footballers with a bit of banter you’d have with your mates thrown in.

You’re not listening for insight to tactics, you're listening for a laugh and good stories they have from within the game. He doesn’t bring either.

Only time kevin kyle makes me laugh is when he tries to pronounce "park". For some reason always raises the volume n shouts "PERK" , gypo!

You’re not listening for insight to tactics, you're listening for a laugh and good stories they have from within the game. He doesn’t bring either.

It’s not easy to be eloquent on camera it doesn’t come natural to some. Slaney made improvements and still is, maybe KK will too. For all the 5 minutes he talks max he’s hardly ruining the show.

I just don’t think he’s as bad as he’s made out. All the stuff that’s pointed on him is mirrored to what Si got, now instead of “how’s the changing room”, it’s “sultic”. But I know how It goes on FF, follow follow by nature.

Halliday back on this week.

Enjoyable show tonight. Much prefer this version than the one on ones with just Si Ferry.

I was totally shocked when Kev Kyle agreed with Si Ferry that the tackle on Morelos wasn’t a red card ( not ). I wonder if they’d have had same opinion if other way around.

The biggest surprise is that Kevs carer allows him out every week for a hour with no supervision

Enjoyable show tonight. Much prefer this version than the one on ones with just Si Ferry.

I was totally shocked when Kev Kyle agreed with Si Ferry that the tackle on Morelos wasn’t a red card ( not ). I wonder if they’d have had same opinion if other way around.

The biggest surprise is that Kevs carer allows him out every week for a hour with no supervision

Haha aye, noticed that Halliday and Slaney let it slip that they patched him for the taxi in. :D

The same Kevin Kyle who said we should replace Ryan Kent with Martin Boyle!!!!!
Hallidays gutties are screamers right enough.

Noticed at the start when Kevin Kyle started to speak that Slaney looks completely disinterested and kept looking at his Einstein tshirt and then held his t-shirt as if to draw attention. A subtle dig at Kevin Kyle?

Another enjoyable listen, Slaney getting funnier again by the week and him and Andy are brilliant.
Once again Kyle was absolutely shite, agreeing with whatever Si said. Not many people tipping Everton for top 4 yet big Kev does right after Si said it :)) Can’t believe he is coaching kids 1 on 1, god help them.

Just like to point out I normally agree with a lot of what Si Ferry says but not tonight. Never heard him spout as much shite as he had in tonight’s episode.

Chelsea got better squad than City
Chelsea should win league
Everton in the top 4
“By the rules it’s a red card but not a red card for me” Good one Si

There was a few other shockers in there.

Last edited:
Just like to point out I normally agree with a lot of what Si Ferry says but not tonight. Never heard him spout as much shite as he had in tonight’s episode.

Chelsea got better squad than City
Chelsea should win league
Everton in the top 4
“By the rules it’s a red card but not a red card for me” Good one Si

There was a few other shockers in there.

Agree when him and slaney said Kent's head and shoulders above everybody in the league though lol

Another enjoyable listen, Slaney getting funnier again by the week and him and Andy are brilliant.
Once again Kyle was absolutely shite, agreeing with whatever Si said. Not many people tipping Everton for top 4 yet big Kev does right after Si said it :)) Can’t believe he is coaching kids 1 on 1, god help them.
It’s really strange, he’ll often make exactly the same point someone either just made or made a little earlier as if it hasn’t already been said, dunno if he’s oblivious or it’s maybe just his brain catching up with the conversation.

He wasn’t as bad this week but the amount he swears is ridiculous, we’re all big boys but c’mon, most is totally unnecessary, he can barely string a sentence together without putting ‘f**king’ in there.

Worse than that though is the accent, can’t totally put my finger on it, I think it’s the way he says his L’s

It’s really strange, he’ll often make exactly the same point someone either just made or made a little earlier as if it hasn’t already been said, dunno if he’s oblivious or it’s maybe just his brain catching up with the conversation.

He wasn’t as bad this week but the amount he swears is ridiculous, we’re all big boys but c’mon, most is totally unnecessary, he can barely string a sentence together without putting ‘f**king’ in there.

Worse than that though is the accent, can’t totally put my finger on it, I think it’s the way he says his L’s

His accent when talking about Coleraine. If you never seen it was him and just heard the voice you would seriously think it’s a young girl.

that si prick said on go radio on monday, that he'd had just got up and carried on playing if he had received the tackle that alfie did against dundee utd, what a lady's front bottom

“Seltuk”

Halliday’s comment at the end about Slaney’s dads sleeves ended me. That’s still one of my favourite stories I’ve heard on the show.

When he says the word ”loan” my skin starts to crawl

Clean sheets - Rangers haven’t played decent opposition. Morelos challenge - Not a red card, in agreement with Si. All according to big Kev, the Rangers hater! He is brutal and needs replaced.

“Seltuk”

Halliday’s comment at the end about Slaney’s dads sleeves ended me. That’s still one of my favourite stories I’ve heard on the show.

That one was lost on me but did enjoy Kenny Miller being called the Pedro Caixinha of Fortnite more than I should’ve

Nope seen a few say he’s holding out for a move to America on here
Would make sense. Him and his Mrs were basically best mates with the Polsters from what I could see on social media so move over there and they can see their pals semi regularly plus some decent cash and a good lifestyle.

From a quick swatch at this weeks episode I think someones asked Slaney to at least pretend he's interested in what Kyle says, he still struggles right enough!

Still sore and avoiding football after the result on Sunday so will go back to it when we hopefully get a couple of wins this week.

Wonder what they'll do if Halliday does move to the States. Would feel odd now if they didn't have a Rangers minded person on the line up.

Halliday making a big difference to the show, great craic and knows what he’s talking about. Finding Slaney funnier every week too.

Notice on the twitter comments that plenty of tims are liking him, not the guy they thought he was going to be etc (might say more about their own prejudices mind).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back