Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t mind Kevin Kyle, I’m sure he realises he’s not the best pundit around and quite happy to rip the piss out of himself on occasions as well.

Slaneys ok but some of his joke stories are shite. Makes a joke then just stops talking cos he didn’t know where he was going with it

It would be brilliant if Halliday or Ferguson could get McGregor to go on it!!

Didn’t rate it there, tbh.

Some good stories, but too many people. Talking over each other etc.

Ferguson doesn’t do himself any favours as a manager, imo.

A bit awkward when they were talking about bad accents. Kyle had to be thinking somebody was going to come after him about siltuk.

TBF he took the piss out himself with that one. Kyle was quite reserved on that episode, and in small doses he isn’t bad.

I don’t see a problem with Halliday’s stories of Pedro. It was a bad time for all involved with the club, and Halliday probably took it worse than most in the squad because of his treatment from Pedro and fans. I want to hear what was going on Thankfully we are lightyears away from all that now.

Loved the story of McGregor and Gerrard’s “what’s wrong with you?”.

A good episode and would happily have the 5 of them on every week to talk football because it can be serious, there can be insight, but in the main a bunch of guys talking about football in a lighthearted manner is a good thing if it’s entertaining enough, and this is.

They repeated three or four stories from previous podcasts there. Seemed like they were running out of material a bit.

Usually like that show but wasn’t very good this week.

Bit surprised to hear Halliday telling stories of popping sleeping tablets on the train for a laugh

I actually didn't think they really spent as much time on the game as in depth as i thought they would.

Wonder what was edited out 13 minutes in

I’m sorry but “slaney” is the pricks prick

Some of Ferry’s interviews were decent but is it jobs for the boys bringing Kyle and Slaney and beefing the show up.

I used to put my Celtic scarf on the tv when we played Rangers was the shite he said last week

Duffy would be unstoppable against us apparently he said last week
You’re watching the wrong podcast pal.

Some of Ferry’s interviews were decent but is it jobs for the boys bringing Kyle and Slaney and beefing the show up.

I used to put my Celtic scarf on the tv when we played Rangers was the shite he said last week

I find it bizarre that anyone would get uptight about what he says, he’s totally harmless and quite funny.

It’s not an exclusive programme to Rangers. By the sounds of it you think it is/should be.

I don’t mind Kevin Kyle, I’m sure he realises he’s not the best pundit around and quite happy to rip the piss out of himself on occasions as well.

Slaneys ok but some of his joke stories are shite. Makes a joke then just stops talking cos he didn’t know where he was going with it

Yeah Kyle is a decent laugh. I think its assumed what he says is a lot of mince due to maybe his accent or the fact they take the p*ss out him so much but his insight into football is quite good, he's played at a good level and seems to know his stuff.

I don’t mind him in general but he’s absolutely clueless about the game imo. Just copies what everyone else says basically.

I don’t mind him in general but he’s absolutely clueless about the game imo. Just copies what everyone else says basically.
Tbh honest the best bit for me is when they talk about the smaller clubs in the lower spfl and lower leagues. When they shut up about "Lenny and Grif"

I think they do well most week. There are always parts that fall a bit flat but on the whole its usually enjoyable.

I think having 5 on was too much and Barry Ferguson was a bit too serious for the tone of the show.

I think I've said it before on here but fair play to Si Ferry. He's a Peterhead player and he's tried to do something different to keep himself going and use his contacts from his career as a bit of a journeyman.

Quite enjoyed that overall. Other than wee snippets that have been posted here (the Shagger story with "Sir Walter" springs to mind) I have never watched/listened to this before.
1 question I have, is Paul Slane ok?
I'm moderating what I say here in case he's not, but he genuinely doesn't seem to be playing with a full deck. Is he just "daft" or is it something more serious? I hope it's the former as Halliday & Ferry seem to have a laugh at his expense on a few occasions.

Quite enjoyed that overall. Other than wee snippets that have been posted here (the Shagger story with "Sir Walter" springs to mind) I have never watched/listened to this before.
1 question I have, is Paul Slane ok?
I'm moderating what I say here in case he's not, but he genuinely doesn't seem to be playing with a full deck. Is he just "daft" or is it something more serious? I hope it's the former as Halliday & Ferry seem to have a laugh at his expense on a few occasions.
I'm sure the boy has some mental health problems, he went missing from the pod for a while and has referred to it a couple of times saying he feels better now.

Iv just started watching these recently although i did watch most of the interviews with ex Rangers players.

I only really watch the ones with Halliday in them tbh. I think hes brilliant on them. Enjoyed him and Ferguson together this week.

Si’s mask has slipped a wee bit this week imo. Even on the coupon show it’s more about Celtic playing poorly and excuses rather than giving us any credit.

Excuses bingo from Si on KTBOTG tonight.

“Players are injured”
“he’s not had the players to play the shape he wants”
“ players like *insert foreign player name here* need to do better”

He’s really beginning to annoy me with his chat. Easy to be impartial when they don’t have a challenge.

In all honesty, only 2 of them would get into it IMO assuming every player is on form

McGregor in midfield for Arfield
Edouard for Morelos
I like Ajer as a player as well as Christie as well. Think they, along with the 2 you mentioned would definitely add to our squad.

If only Fredo would learn English!!
I cannot understand anyone living in a country and not learning the basics of the language.
Couldn’t believe it when he said he could speak Russian. Fair fucks to him a wee schemie learning Russian.

The McGeady interview actually wasn’t bad and he was a decent laugh from what I remember. However I am hoping to see some tears from the 3 of them tonight.

Rather McGeady than Kyle. Far better listen, couldn’t give a toss if he’s ex Celtic, I’m not that much of a weirdo to dodge interviews because of that.
Minus 5 staunch points sir!
I am the same, I find it cringe-worthy avoiding something because they used to be/still are a tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back