Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not talking about tactical insights out the Rinus Michel school of coaching More stories and snippets from his career , mainly at Sunderland where he played with good players and more regularly at a higher level than most on the show.

Even snippets like Micheal Gray beating the bleep test are insightful to me as it goes some way to explaining why (to my eyes ) a one paced jobbing full back had such a long career and played for England.

I can’t believe they still dont know the words for that Yes Sir I Can Boogie. They’ve been singing it on the show for fucking ages.

Its cringeworthy pish.

Horrible viewing when they cut to that.

It is even more awkward watching the likes of Derek Ferguson try and get involved.

Another area they need to drop.

Sadly, given last nights video, it will be a staple of the show for months to come!

Don’t really understand all the “mask is slipping” comments from people in regards to Ferry.

When did he ever hide the fact that he’s a Celtic fan?

Is he guilty of blindly overlooking Celtic’s form and serious deficiencies within the team - probably.

Is he guilty of underestimating Rangers - probably.

But that’s where it starts and ends in my opinion.

Until Rangers go on an extended run after December/January then this will be the case for most Celtic Supporters.

It’s up to Rangers to continue this form into 2021 and show that it’s not just a flash in the pan. If we do that then they will have no choice but to sit up and realise that we aren’t going away.

Its cringeworthy pish.

Horrible viewing when they cut to that.

It is even more awkward watching the likes of Derek Ferguson try and get involved.

Another area they need to drop.

Sadly, given last nights video, it will be a staple of the show for months to come!
What’s the deal with the song, why do they sing it, and is that where the Scotland team singing it has come from?

What’s the deal with the song, why do they sing it, and is that where the Scotland team singing it has come from?

Andrew Considine’s stagger. They made a music video, featuring this song. They were all dressed up as kids and him as a big baby. All very odd.

It is on YouTube.

It is cringeworthy viewing, but that’s where it originates from.

Who actually likes a bitter wee fenain prick? Anyone...
iu

Even snippets like Micheal Gray beating the bleep test are insightful to me as it goes some way to explaining why (to my eyes ) a one paced jobbing full back had such a long career and played for England.

My mate who is a Sunderland fan told me a story. On one of their cutbacks they had , they sacked a lot of admin staff, women who had been there for years and they are all , in tears , in the carpark consoling each other when Gray rolls up in a brand new Porsche playing a tune on the horn , wanting everyone to come out and look at his new purchase.

It's a light hearted Scottish football discussion podcast, it's pretty harmless.

Si Ferry is quite a good host, he seems very fair. Slaney or whatever his name is is just an idiot but he's playing the part so it works. Halliday is really good, Barry Ferguson is ok. They two are the most insightful "pundits" I've seen on the show. I've honestly no idea why Kevin Kyle is there, seems a genuine big guy but he offers nothing to the discussion.

It's a light hearted Scottish football discussion podcast, it's pretty harmless.

Si Ferry is quite a good host, he seems very fair. Slaney or whatever his name is is just an idiot but he's playing the part so it works. Halliday is really good, Barry Ferguson is ok. They two are the most insightful "pundits" I've seen on the show. I've honestly no idea why Kevin Kyle is there, seems a genuine big guy but he offers nothing to the discussion.
Remember hearing similar , sounds a t0sser tbh

Bit of a celtic/jock stein wank fest on the “Three Kings” special this week, Not Ferry’s best interview but still found it quite interesting on the commute home from work.

Amazing how much Scotland has influenced the game over the years, something that plenty people overlook nowadays.

Andrew Considine’s stagger. They made a music video, featuring this song. They were all dressed up as kids and him as a big baby. All very odd.

It is on YouTube.

It is cringeworthy viewing, but that’s where it originates from.

It was on the news tonight. Dressed as a woman with the bra, make on the works:eek:

Bit of a celtic/jock stein wank fest on the “Three Kings” special this week, Not Ferry’s best interview but still found it quite interesting on the commute home from work.

Amazing how much Scotland has influenced the game over the years, something that plenty people overlook nowadays.
I usually enjoy the podcast and even some ex poet players can give a good story from their experience in the game but i listened to about 5 minutes tonight and its basically a film producer plugging his film which at the end of the day includes putting a guy who covered up a paedo ring on a pedestal. In my 5 mins of listening they also managed to cram in a mention of martin fvcking compston. I'll give this one a miss.

Last edited:
I usually enjoy the podcast and even some ex poet players can give a good story from their experience in the game but i listened to about 5 minutes tonight and its basically a film producer plugging his film which at the end of the day includes putting a guy who covered up a paedo ring on a pedestal. In my 5 mins of listening they also managed to cram in a mention of martin fvcking compston. I'll give this one a miss.
Fair enough mate, i had an hours drive home after work so just stuck with it as couldn't be bothered changing midway through. The guy sounds a bit of a weapon, needs to learn when to take a breath in between his sentences!

Si Ferry is on the Under the Cosh podcast this week talking about his career.

2 parts, and really good listening

Part 1

Part 2

Apologies about the Celtic tops in the images, but the stuff on Di Canio at Swindon in part 1 is hilarious

Last edited:
Si Ferry is on the Under the Cosh podcast this week talking about his career.

2 parts, and really good listening

Part 1

Part 2

Apologies about the Celtic tops in the images, but the stuff on Di Canio at Swindon in part 1 is hilarious
Really enjoyed it. Thomas Graveson sounds like an absolute madman!

Can def tell Ferry chucked a potentially good career for the drink and a carry on which seems to be the norm for Scottish players.

Can def tell Ferry chucked a potentially good career for the drink and a carry on which seems to be the norm for Scottish players.
His show will have longevity because there’ll be loads of ex.players in the future lining up to tell their stories of how they were constantly up to all sorts of carry on in their playing days.
Jealous.?? Damn right I am.:p

I remember watching him about 10 years ago in a reserve friendly at Ibrox. He scored that day and looked a pretty decent player. Can't remember much else about the game apart from McGregor taking pelters from their fans.

Probably would have made it at a higher level if he didn't miss 3 years of football.

My mate who is a Sunderland fan told me a story. On one of their cutbacks they had , they sacked a lot of admin staff, women who had been there for years and they are all , in tears , in the carpark consoling each other when Gray rolls up in a brand new Porsche playing a tune on the horn , wanting everyone to come out and look at his new purchase.
Did he tell you about Derek and his run in with the roundabout outside Roker?

Did he not get an injury which didn’t help and still causes him trouble? I’m sure it’s been mentioned.

Don't think so.
The bold Del went round the roundabout the wrong way and totalled the motor him and another player(s) were in. IIRC there were injuries and may have been a broken leg amongst them. Happy to be corrected by anyone whose memory is less shot than mine.

That was a great episode. Fair play to Kevin Kyle, I’ve given him some stick on here but he offered some good insight on this one. I think when he actually watches the games he knows his stuff but you can tell when he’s trying to “wing it” when speaking about games he’s clearly not seen.

I know they move about and film in shops and bars and stuff. Where has the last few been filmed? They are upstairs with a high ceiling. Undr the cosh one and yesterday’s with the guitarist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back